Fortnite & SLOW motion gameplay!

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Hiddenbars

Fortnite & SLOW motion gameplay!

Post by Hiddenbars » 22 Feb 2021, 07:45

Hi....

My negative experience with the new monitor, is it defect or just the input delay? :shock:

My new monitor that I experience that slow motion on is..
========================================================
ASUS TUF Gaming VG279QM 27” HDR Monitor, 1080P Full HD (1920 x 1080), Fast IPS, 280Hz, G-SYNC Compatible, ELMB Sync,

My other monitor I use to main playing Fortnite on was a 2K monitor with
NO slow motion happening while playing..
========================================================
Acer 27" Predator XB271HUA, 165Hz, G-Sync, ULMB Sync,

I have formatted my PC with test before and after, same motion effect and delay,
Tried with only one monitor ON, still happening.

Tried different DISPLAY Ports.. even tried to mess around in the OSD turning ON & OFF ELMB or G-Sync, still the same issue,
Lowered the HZ to 240hz and less, still same issue. OVERDRIVE on 60 at the moment, tried them all there to.

The other monitor is not having this issue, SLOW free experience on that one.

The slow motion experience happens often when I start building or when I turn around with my character in game,

Turned off v-sync and playing on performance mode, please would appreciate some help,

Cant figure it out whats causing this issue, is this even normal for gaming monitor?

Please if you see this and have something, could be anything, then just write,
would appreciate any ideas to be honest! :roll:

Thanks for all the effort!

zevanz0r

Re: Fortnite & SLOW motion gameplay!

Post by zevanz0r » 23 Feb 2021, 00:40

Try to reinstall Graphic Driver with an DDU app.
Did you use 2 monitors at the same time? More info, and PC specs, if possible!

TN_fun

Post by TN_fun » 23 Feb 2021, 06:23

try it plug AC power plugs psu monitor another side

Hiddenbars

Post by Hiddenbars » 23 Feb 2021, 23:02

zevanz0r wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 00:40
Try to reinstall Graphic Driver with an DDU app.
Did you use 2 monitors at the same time? More info, and PC specs, if possible!
Yeah i did that with old driver and new driver, same thing on them both, im starting to think its the GPU or the CPU that can't handle the monitor or the FPS output to the monitor, don't know really just speculating here.

Yeah im using 2 monitors at the same time, is that even good to do? The other one is the 2k monitor, the main one atm is the 280hz.

My PC Specs,

HyperX 32gb 3200mhz - ram

500 gb m.2 - harddrive

1080 Super 8gb - gpu

i7 8700k intel - cpu

The game is really good at the start, mouse has no force or delay to aim or anything, then after some minutes it starts.

The tempature and everything looks okay i guess on HWMonitor.
CPU on 80 degrees after some time while gaming.. and back to 70 can happen that it stands at 90 for a short time.

GPU stands at 60-70 degree while playing,

Im really confused and really concerned about what it could be, sad story short.

Thanks for trying to help me, appreciate that. :roll:

Hiddenbars

Post by Hiddenbars » 23 Feb 2021, 23:04

TN_fun wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 06:23
How do you mean exactly ? Should I remove the AC plug from the power supply cable and change the side?

I tried to put the monitor on another display-port on the GPU, :shock: :shock: :shock:

TN_fun

Post by TN_fun » 24 Feb 2021, 05:53

Hiddenbars wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 23:04
TN_fun wrote:
How do you mean exactly ? Should I remove the AC plug from the power supply cable and change the side?

I tried to put the monitor on another display-port on the GPU, :shock: :shock: :shock:
Nope. Remove AC plug from the socket your power strip and change the side.

Hiddenbars

Post by Hiddenbars » 24 Feb 2021, 10:56

TN_fun wrote:
24 Feb 2021, 05:53
Hiddenbars wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 23:04
TN_fun wrote:

Nope. Remove AC plug from the socket your power strip and change the side.
Yeah I have tried to change the side and even directly to a wall, no results. :|
Don't know if this has to do with anything but when i start the pc next day, this happens every time,
the screen goes black for like 2-3 sek after like 5-10 min pc on, and then it stops, never happens again.

Could it be something with my pc or monitor? What do you think?

TN_fun

Post by TN_fun » 24 Feb 2021, 13:23

maybe your monitor drops the frequency to 144Hz after a black screen, as do vg259qm(bug)?
No more ideas. Maybe Is the ips panel too slow for you?

BTRY B 529th FA BN

Post by BTRY B 529th FA BN » 24 Feb 2021, 14:47

It could be dropping the display Hz. I use to have one and more often than not it would boot up in 144Hz mode instead of 280Hz. Apparently there is a work around involving a tool called CRU but monitors shouldn't have this problem for the money they ask.

Hiddenbars

Post by Hiddenbars » 24 Feb 2021, 15:44

BTRY B 529th FA BN wrote:
24 Feb 2021, 14:47
It could be dropping the display Hz. I use to have one and more often than not it would boot up in 144Hz mode instead of 280Hz. Apparently there is a work around involving a tool called CRU but monitors shouldn't have this problem for the money they ask.
I have not tried CRU, maybe that can fix it im not sure, have to make a try, but is it safe? Still have my refund time on that 280hz monitor, hope it wont break.

I updated my bios, turned off a function, something to do with the timer insids the pci, it helped a little bit, but the slow is less now, but still there, the function had something to do with timer resolution, something under system devices insids device manager, just wrote it here if that maybe helps other people, but gonna try the CRU, keeping you guys updated, and thanks 🙂