Would something like this work for me?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
heavywe

Post by heavywe » 23 Feb 2021, 21:07

I plan to buy it, and also use those ethernet ports

Sparky

Re: Would something like this work for me?

Post by Sparky » 23 Feb 2021, 21:56

This will have no beneficial impact on any kind of lag.

If you want to know if it's effective for surge protection, you'll need to find a review that specializes in that type of device, with teardown and circuit analysis.

deama

Post by deama » 24 Feb 2021, 21:00

I heard that the Rack Mount Power Conditioner - M-10X E by furman worked well for people who got it.
I think you have to spend decent money if you want this type of problem to go away, or to reduce it.

deama

I heard that the Rack Mount Power Conditioner - M-10X E by furman worked well for people who got it.
I think you have to spend decent money if you want this type of problem to go away, or to reduce it.

deama

nuggify

Post by nuggify » 24 Feb 2021, 22:02

deama wrote:
24 Feb 2021, 21:00
It only works for a few days tops. Many, many have tried it and this is the experience for all of us with this issue. If you want to see for yourself just purchase it test it for a week and return it (make sure its returnable).

JDoe

Post by JDoe » 25 Feb 2021, 02:00

nuggify wrote:
24 Feb 2021, 22:02
deama wrote:
It only works for a few days tops. Many, many have tried it and this is the experience for all of us with this issue. If you want to see for yourself just purchase it test it for a week and return it (make sure its returnable).
If a solution works only for a few days then it's a placebo. If any solution works only for a few days then maybe the problem you are trying to fix is imaginary as well. I experienced it myself many times. Every magical fix I tried to use in the end proved itself completely useless despite making a big difference at first.

deama

Post by deama » 25 Feb 2021, 09:33

nuggify wrote:
24 Feb 2021, 22:02
deama wrote:
I heard that with other power conditioners, but apparently that furman doesn't have that problem, or at least is less of a problem.
Still though, this stuff isn't magic, if you have a serious electrical problem, power conditioners aren't gonna fix it I think, maybe if it was a super one like they use in server farms or something.

I wonder, if people live in a sunny place, could try to make a solar-panel + battery combo, might work; expensive though.

nuggify

Post by nuggify » 25 Feb 2021, 14:14

JDoe wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 02:00

If a solution works only for a few days then it's a placebo. If any solution works only for a few days then maybe the problem you are trying to fix is imaginary as well. I experienced it myself many times. Every magical fix I tried to use in the end proved itself completely useless despite making a big difference at first.
Nope its not a placebo. It is the nature of this issue. Something is saturating and it stops working. I am not an electrical engineer so I cannot explain this phenomenon however I am 100% beyond certain it is not a placebo effect. Many, many people with this problem report the exact same experience. Inputs work excellently and consistently for the first few days/week and then it degrades back to normal.
deama wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 09:33

I heard that with other power conditioners, but apparently that furman doesn't have that problem, or at least is less of a problem.
Still though, this stuff isn't magic, if you have a serious electrical problem, power conditioners aren't gonna fix it I think, maybe if it was a super one like they use in server farms or something.

I wonder, if people live in a sunny place, could try to make a solar-panel + battery combo, might work; expensive though.
I can assure you that happens with the Furman. I have tested 1000$ Furman's, the M-8X one you speak about, and many others from different companies. The phenomenon is always the same. The higher grade ones work slightly better overall. I can give you a list of all the conditioners and power filtering I have tried if you would like. Its not magic sure but, the symptoms are absolutely some of the strangest most illogical stuff you will ever observe. That is why I think its RFI. Even experts describe its effects on things as "black magic" because it can be so inexplicable.

People have tried solar panels to no avail. I think this is likely because a solar setup is still connected to the grid. If you were off grid entirely that could be another story- however that is very expensive, even with a place that gets tons of sun, as the battery system to power a whole house is high cost.