@chief Monitor INPUT LAG theory

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
f1ndus

@chief Monitor INPUT LAG theory

Post by f1ndus » 03 Mar 2021, 11:06

Hello, i am here becouse of input lag in games like guys which are spaming here with no solution. And i am sure man like you, you can help us but you dont have this problem and its hard work with it.

Guys with input lag, like me and they everything what we did had effect on this problem (floaty mouse, games stutter, choppy, input lag) all we have no solution yet.

I coming here with ALL my knowledges.

- Mooving with my PC to other places and strengers monitors = game feel so good, zero input lag, games looking very good, mouse fast.

-Mooving with my MONITOR to other places and strengers PCs/my PC = Problem, input lag, floaty mouse, heavy games, choppy...

- Bought new brand new PC = take effect for half/hour and then again bad

- Bought new monitor = effect for 3-4 days - games are really smooth and fast without input lag and after 3-4 days becoming slowly bad again.

- Bought ON-LINE DOUBLE UPS = nothing changed, still bad.

- Everything what i did in house, network/router changes,hardware, softwares, changing cables, not turning PC for 3-5 days - helping for some time and problem coming back, run out of options! -

I lost so much money for this problem last months and i have new theory --- with MONITOR and voltage fluctuations/overvoltage in house electricity before plugged in to UPS. --

I was using my monitor 1 and half year without UPS and my electricity in house in unstable.

Sometimes showing 219V input (morning) and on (evening) 240-255V (voltage fluctuation,overvoltage)

My monitor can be already damaged or something inside like condensators or smnthg and UPS cant help already.

For me i know UPS online double(pure sine wave) is the best power supply energy for sensitive devices like MONITOR.

// i thinking aboute buy new monitor and plug it at first to UPS, but i dont want lose money for no fix again, what do you think,please?

// i have in room now only PC+MONITOR and from gpu hdmi to TV. I have online ups only for monitor and when i watching TV connected HDMI -> PC then in TV is display very good and screen clear and stuff, thats OK. But when i OFF ups-> monitor OFF becouse when i go sleep i turn off ups, and then i see on TV horizontal waves and screen is unstable and very bad, btw TV is connected to power outlet only not UPS. this is something i dont understand.
Last edited by f1ndus on 03 Mar 2021, 15:22, edited 1 time in total.

pwn

Re: @chief Monitor INPUT LAG theory

Post by pwn » 03 Mar 2021, 13:46

unlikely

pwn

Post by pwn » 03 Mar 2021, 15:07

got an idea maybe it's some kind of cache?

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 03 Mar 2021, 15:08

pwn wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 13:46
unlikely
yeah i thought so, but it does not make sense when i changing places with monitor and everywhere its bad..

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 03 Mar 2021, 15:10

pwn wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 15:07
got an idea maybe it's some kind of cache?
probably, i dont know how we can fix this problem when i go with my setup to friends houses , random houses, offices.. and everywhere is bad power? no i dont think so, i think monitor suffered a wound

readtext

Post by readtext » 03 Mar 2021, 16:49

the problem is you f1ndus.
the longer you play, the more sensitive you become and thus you perceive these "laggs". Your head adapts and notices more and more things, including input lag. Therefore, if you do not play for a long time, you have no input lag and after a while it just appears, because you perceive more things again.

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 03 Mar 2021, 16:55

readtext wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 16:49
the longer you play, the more sensitive you become and thus you perceive these "laggs". Your head adapts and notices more and more things, including input lag. Therefore, if you do not play for a long time, you have no input lag and after a while it just appears, because you perceive more things again.

man you dont know what are you talking about, my 144hz monitor giving me 40hz in games sometimes, choppy as fuck and mouse is floaty as fuck, when i move mouse to right and stop i see clearly delay on monitor.. this is something whoever dont understand.

nuggify

Post by nuggify » 03 Mar 2021, 17:41

f1ndus wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 16:55
readtext wrote:

man you dont know what are you talking about, my 144hz monitor giving me 40hz in games sometimes, choppy as fuck and mouse is floaty as fuck, when i move mouse to right and stop i see clearly delay on monitor.. this is something whoever dont understand.
Yeah they just do not understand because they have not seen it for themselves. They think it is all in our heads, when its blatantly clear that the display is stuttering, incredibly choppy and inputs are extremely delayed. Like hundreds of milliseconds late with some dropped inputs.

Alpha

Post by Alpha » 04 Mar 2021, 12:03

nuggify wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 17:41
f1ndus wrote:
readtext wrote:

Yeah they just do not understand because they have not seen it for themselves. They think it is all in our heads, when its blatantly clear that the display is stuttering, incredibly choppy and inputs are extremely delayed. Like hundreds of milliseconds late with some dropped inputs.
I have been personally struggling with this. I don't know what to believe. I can quite literally feel this from one match to the next it makes zero sense. I find 1 game EXTREMELY impacted and not convinced by some of the others. I can tell what's about to go on from one specific thing pregame, without fail, every time. I later found the Publisher has patents on nerfing higher skilled players real time against lower skilled players. No idea whats what but thought I would throw that in. Everyone is getting a trophy these days. :x

Alpha

Post by Alpha » 04 Mar 2021, 13:37

blackmagic wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 12:55
Alpha wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 12:03
nuggify wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 17:41
f1ndus wrote:

I have been personally struggling with this. I don't know what to believe. I can quite literally feel this from one match to the next it makes zero sense. I find 1 game EXTREMELY impacted and not convinced by some of the others. I can tell what's about to go on from one specific thing pregame, without fail, every time. I later found the Publisher has patents on nerfing higher skilled players real time against lower skilled players. No idea whats what but thought I would throw that in. Everyone is getting a trophy these days. :x
i had same feeling of "nerfing" when first time meet this issue here...
but when i joined other games that i played before without problems and noticed that it happens even there...i was then 100% sure that this is nothing about someone "nerfing" me...

the issue is 100% real and i can feel it too here from match to match...it is hard noticeable and i am 100% sure that there way more players that suffers the same but for some reason not many talk about that all.
they keep silence on this all or searching for other excuses...

with this issue that i have it is not possible to play and stay stable or constant...
it's like every match becomes a lottery where you get hard rekt or you are the one who becomes godlike and goes rampage for 1 match (if lucky and happens here rly rarely) but at this moments i can clearly see "what is possible" when things get's better and hitreg allows me then to do 2-5 kills per round and not only max 1 or 0 kill while tryharding and full focus...

that my experience in competitive games with this issue and that already for many years...nothing changed or get better...everything still has this same bad pattern and at all games...

in valorant i am stucking in bronze/silver level and know that some kiddos are way higher rank than me while playing on bad setups with max 120fps or higher pings...

i don't want say that kids are bad at games...i was a kid one day too but this issue that i have makes me feel like an handicapped and idiot person that can't even get out of under average skill ranks...this what most hurt me on this all.

there is no hope for improvement with a issue like i experience here.

my fun and enjoyment for online gaming is at below zero after i meet this issue.
and my brain can't just adapt or accept the way how it is and become...because it still remembers the good times when everything was normal and i played like an average player with stable kill/death and win/lose ratio.
Super sorry to hear that. What game is the biggest offender? What are your system specs? I am curious about variables that are in your control that may at least help. Game Engine for example you constantly get fullscreen only mode. The issue is the game could be a Direct X12 title and someone could potentially be making things worse by going full screen. Another is memory. How warm is this getting under load?