@chief Monitor INPUT LAG theory

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
pwn

Re: @chief Monitor INPUT LAG theory

Post by pwn » 04 Mar 2021, 14:48

considering how much money I spent on endless attempts to replace hardware, the Internet. (Z390, Z490, X299 \ RTX 2080 Ti, Rtx 3080 and others)
I think it's really in my head, or maybe I'm already 26 years old ..
New monitors let you see all the flaws (240Hz)
Perhaps the sleep and rest regime began to influence very strongly.

The only thing I haven't checked is to play on old hardware (like Z87, Z97, Z170, X99), maybe something has changed since that time ..

f1ndus

Re: @chief Monitor INPUT LAG theory

Post by f1ndus » 04 Mar 2021, 15:21

blackmagic wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 14:01
Alpha wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 13:37
blackmagic wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 12:55
Alpha wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 12:03

I have been personally struggling with this. I don't know what to believe. I can quite literally feel this from one match to the next it makes zero sense. I find 1 game EXTREMELY impacted and not convinced by some of the others. I can tell what's about to go on from one specific thing pregame, without fail, every time. I later found the Publisher has patents on nerfing higher skilled players real time against lower skilled players. No idea whats what but thought I would throw that in. Everyone is getting a trophy these days. :x
i had same feeling of "nerfing" when first time meet this issue here...
but when i joined other games that i played before without problems and noticed that it happens even there...i was then 100% sure that this is nothing about someone "nerfing" me...

the issue is 100% real and i can feel it too here from match to match...it is hard noticeable and i am 100% sure that there way more players that suffers the same but for some reason not many talk about that all.
they keep silence on this all or searching for other excuses...

with this issue that i have it is not possible to play and stay stable or constant...
it's like every match becomes a lottery where you get hard rekt or you are the one who becomes godlike and goes rampage for 1 match (if lucky and happens here rly rarely) but at this moments i can clearly see "what is possible" when things get's better and hitreg allows me then to do 2-5 kills per round and not only max 1 or 0 kill while tryharding and full focus...

that my experience in competitive games with this issue and that already for many years...nothing changed or get better...everything still has this same bad pattern and at all games...

in valorant i am stucking in bronze/silver level and know that some kiddos are way higher rank than me while playing on bad setups with max 120fps or higher pings...

i don't want say that kids are bad at games...i was a kid one day too but this issue that i have makes me feel like an handicapped and idiot person that can't even get out of under average skill ranks...this what most hurt me on this all.

there is no hope for improvement with a issue like i experience here.

my fun and enjoyment for online gaming is at below zero after i meet this issue.
and my brain can't just adapt or accept the way how it is and become...because it still remembers the good times when everything was normal and i played like an average player with stable kill/death and win/lose ratio.
Super sorry to hear that. What game is the biggest offender? What are your system specs? I am curious about variables that are in your control that may at least help. Game Engine for example you constantly get fullscreen only mode. The issue is the game could be a Direct X12 title and someone could potentially be making things worse by going full screen. Another is memory. How warm is this getting under load?
pc specs right now:
i5 9400f
rx 580 8G aorus
hyper 2x 8gb
z390a-pro
m2 ssd 240gb + 1tb ssd sata
be quit 750w

in valorant i get stable average 250+fps and don't go below 200+fps...
played many offline games with this system and was happy about the results and fps...

all temps are good...
the only thing i noticed is that when i touch my cpu cooler heatsink then it is only low warm and never get's rly heated or hot...sometimes i have the feeling that it is like dead and don't perform but that is impossible because when i go in bios and run monitorings then i can see a stable 35c idle or 55c while gaming...

i know that in the past my other cpu's and systems behaved the other way and get's hot and the heatsink too while gaming...

question:
is it normal that my cpu is low temp and the heatsink don't rly get's hot while gaming ?

the most perverted thing on the issue i have here and noticed many times...

just an example:

i see 2-3 enemies and can kill only max 1 of them (this moments are often and happens when i feel that this issue is present and i can't do nothing against that even when i want it hard)

when this issue is don't present (on lucky hour) and i feel that everything works like normal...
then i can kill and rekt with easy this 2-3 enemies that i see and keep moving for the next kills.

this two the most mindfuck inconsistent things i noticed while suffering this bullshit here.

like wtf...i can drop 40+ kills and then for some reason i can't kill 2-3 enemies from behind and that for many matches in row ? getting only worse and worse and suddenly getting more deaths than kills in stats...

this shit just blow my mind...

but the most funny part are the assists kills that i get while this issue is present. probably there no esl player out there that could do more assists kills than me...xD
like every kill that i should get in an normal world turns suddenly into an assists...that is rly funny.

Hello i want let you know it have nothing to do with PC, me and other guys i know (with this problem) we was testing just only PC in other places, everywhere where we take our PCs - game was clean and without stuttering or input lag mouse.

but when we take monitor and testing on other places - everywhere it was really bad, on the same PC setup or other PC setup.

in 2018 when i goes on LAN tournament (cs:go) BYOC it means ( you need take your setup to lan) so i asked my manager if he can take his PC for me becouse i have problems and i want be really ready for this tournament.. he said yes of course, so i bring my monitor and his PC on tournament and after 1 match i saw exactly same like in my PC in my house, stutters,choppy game, heavy input lag. i was really thinking aboute i am cursed.. when lan tournamend ends and we was home, i asked my manager if its everything fine with his pc when playing games, he said yes, everything is same ( he is not noob) , but in that time i didnt know exactly what is this problem but i knows in 2018 - i have really big problem. For me and some guys we are sure 100% its something with monitor, we are testing a lot and we want test new monitor plug at first to online ups