Hope this is the right place | Debilitating Mouse/Monitor Problems

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
deama

Re: Hope this is the right place | Debilitating Mouse/Monitor Problems

Post by deama » 19 Mar 2021, 19:45

DanDossu wrote:
19 Mar 2021, 15:32
Update: Have asked around and can't seem to find out how to get confirmation of the houses electrics being signed off. I'm at a loss because this came about completely randomly, everything was working without problems until 20/02/021.

I ordered a PCIE USB Adapter that arrived today, plugged two mice into it and have had no change, I worry I'm starting to lose my sanity over this. More money pumped into solutions that haven't come of anything, for a disabling problem I didn't cause.
The electrical issue can get very crazy, but this is definitely one of them.
There are many reasons why it came after you moved in, maybe something in the wiring was disturbed recently? Maybe the electrical grid has been put on more stress and is causing issues? Electrical issues would the be hardest ones to fix and some people end up having to deal with it cause it's too difficulty/expensive to fix.

You can try and rule out some basic stuff off first though, e.g. unplug/disable all electrical appliances in your house except for your computer and test it out, another is make sure to test it out throughout the entire day/night, maybe there are times when it does not happen, in which case it could be related to the electrical grid, or something in your house turning on/off causing interference; maybe redo grounding in your house and make sure it's done better.

Also, normal power conditioners won't fix the problem, they will help it temporarily, but they won't fix it.

You could actually try and buy yourself a special type of power conditioner, I forgot the exact name for them, but they're the ones that have an internal battery and if you plug anything into it, it uses the battery's power instead of the power from the outlet, at the same time they charge the battery from the socket. I'm not entirely sure if this will fix the issue as, keep in mind, while the battery is charging, it could affect the appliances plugged in, even though they are taking from the battery itself.

DanDossu

Re: Hope this is the right place | Debilitating Mouse/Monitor Problems

Post by DanDossu » 20 Mar 2021, 07:55

This all came about during a period of nothing changing with the house, nor with my desktop. That's what partially makes it so hard to diagnose a cause.

I think you might be talking about a double converter UPS with a battery, I saw that mentioned as others having similar temporary improvements like conditioners do. Surprisingly people have said that switching the power source to purely the UPS's battery cause the problems to go away completely, albeit for 10 minutes or however long the battery lasts for