CS GO LAGG HIGH END PC 144/240 hz is it just the game ?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
dervu

Re: CS GO LAGG HIGH END PC 144/240 hz is it just the game ?

Post by dervu » 16 Mar 2021, 17:33

He will not see difference, unless someone is using internet at the same time on his router or he is downloading/uploading/streaming. Why not just ping something, let it run during playing game, it will show spikes.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

hardhit

Post by hardhit » 16 Mar 2021, 17:49

dervu wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 17:33
He will not see difference, unless someone is using internet at the same time on his router or he is downloading/uploading/streaming. Why not just ping something, let it run during playing game, it will show spikes.
My word versus yours, no point to argue. I see positive results and recommend for op to try it out too, cheap and not time consuming solution compared to buying ups or upgrading computer. Although this will not solve hardware problems

BTRY B 529th FA BN

Post by BTRY B 529th FA BN » 16 Mar 2021, 19:32

CS:GO is just weird like that. Never consistent. Started noticing inconsistency in games with UT3.. UT4 is the same way but it was abandoned in Alpha stage but again, CS:GO is just really inconsistent.

valhalla

Post by valhalla » 20 Mar 2021, 14:33

Thanks for the responses guys , today i did a clean install again, And just as normal. I installed steam , and when i startup cs go for the first time its smooth and no tearing. ( even iff i dont change anything in game or nvidia , the second time its not smooth , I only now. Cs go installs direct x the first time, same for al the users, anybody has an idea what happens more after the first time launching the game??? I also readed more post about not smooth anymore after first time startup.

kingoneandonly1337

Post by kingoneandonly1337 » 06 Apr 2021, 01:45

Hellou boss you need to be patient tell me what is your loss and choke from netgraph_3 its where ur fps is or for a fast fix plug ur ethernet cable if ur loss is high aka package loss u need to set up ur internet and if choke is high u need to put different rates plz let me know
Rasta one love

aaronlundy72

Post by aaronlundy72 » 28 Jul 2023, 09:00

hi just wondering did you ever sort this issue

Puff

Post by Puff » 31 Jul 2023, 15:32

Hi. CSGO is just like that. As well as DOTA2. They both have terrible fps limiters. But there is something you can do to get a consistent 0.1% FPS lows (I'm using 240Hz monitor, 0.1%lows are @ 227FPS during match, while not toggling UI).
For reference:
I've clocked 2500+h in this game on 2 laptops throughout the years and got to enjoy GE.
So if you have a PC, you have an edge already :lol:
There are 2 main things to have a stutter/lag free experience.
1. NVIDIA panel settings:
(Experiment with Low latency mode (I always keep it off, because my 3050 probably just isn't fast enough to keep pumping high frames))
V-SYNC ON. (Yes. I'm serious.)
FPS cap. 240Hz = 237-238 FPS cap (so there will be no, or minimal mouse input lag, which @ high refresh rates becomes not a problem)
G-Sync (optional) (from testing I found that it just makes lows for whatever reason lower on one of the laptops.)
TEST THIS. Load up riva tuner and test in workshop map, against bots or whatever. Note you will have to use "-allow_third_party_software 1" in the launch options for riva tuner to work. Shoot and walk around, because CSGO always lags at first shot of the game and first kill of the game, after that test your before and after 0.1%FPS. For reference without V-Sync I get 120Fps @ 0.1% lows. With same conditions and V-Sync it is around 220 and it is very noticeable difference.
2. OVERCLOCK
You might just have a bad overclock.
I remember getting terrible stutters 2 weeks ago with mentioned settings. From trial end error found that my CPU was undervolted too much. So removed OC, bumped CPU voltage by 10mV offset and it was suddenly fixed. I wasn't getting crashes before with that undervolt, nor benchmarks showed lower scores, but I can reproduce it in the game every time. (And I keep my cpu at constant clock speed with throttlestop)

So here are my observations playing this game. If those don't help, you might have a problem just somewhere else, because it helped me on 2 separate machines. Note that if you will FPS limit with game engine, 0.1% will become terrible again, that's just how it is. So either use riva tuner or Nvidia panel.
Cheers!