Diplay cloning issues with refresh rates delta

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Xen0m

Diplay cloning issues with refresh rates delta

Post by Xen0m » 22 Mar 2021, 09:45

Hey,

I'm editing this post because it was unclear and i thought it came from Nvidia but it seems that W10 doesn't handle well display cloning.
I'm playing on 240HZ 1440p monitor and everything goes fine until i clone it to an Elgato capture card at 144HZ.

From here i have nothing to complain about performance, but i'm getting weird feelings such as input lag, game stuttering...
If i force the capture card to 60hz it's even worse... so it may come from this delta of refresh rate.

The card is configured to 1440p only but it seems that it force windows scaling to work like it does for larger resolution, for no reasons as both display have same resolution.

So if you have any idea to improve this the best way would be to passthrough the card but actually no one took in charge DP 240hz...

I'm wondering if anyone ever tested the display cloning this with proper tools such as LDAT or RLA ?

Regards,
Last edited by Xen0m on 08 Apr 2021, 11:36, edited 1 time in total.

amezibra

Re: Nvidia display cloning feels bad

Post by amezibra » 29 Mar 2021, 11:50

make sur your monitor is the clone source. (Display -> setup multiple displays )

right click on the 1 - 2 circle and set "clone source" to your monitor number not the capture card.

there is about 10ms difference if your capture card is the clone source instead of the monitor.

Xen0m

Re: Nvidia display cloning feels bad

Post by Xen0m » 01 Apr 2021, 05:04

Already tried this and nvidia inspector for single display performance mode.
But tbh there is tons of problems with this setup, i'm not even sure nvidia is responsible for anything here.
Windows scalling seems to be fucked up too, i'm getting ghost screen over my main display if i force 60hz on the capture card :lol:

Xen0m

Re: Diplay cloning issues with refresh rates delta

Post by Xen0m » 08 Apr 2021, 11:37

I've edited my first post, if some of you have any idea about this subject feel free to share !