360hz PG259QN overwatch mouse input delay.

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
ashrr

Re: 360hz PG259QN overwatch mouse input delay.

Post by ashrr » 31 Mar 2021, 18:30

FarisQari wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 01:05
I play mainly overwatch, & I always notice the input lag while playing ana & trying to quickscope.
The delay when scoping in with ana or widow is normal, it used to be instant at launch but they added a small delay as it was OP. Do you have issues with input lag when moving mouse around? I think hitmarkers are server side so those could feel delayed if you have high ping.

empleat

Post by empleat » 31 Mar 2021, 18:45

There are like millions of things, which could cause input lag.

You say: this happens since you got the new monitor. Did you turn off ddc/ci? I don't think you use overdrive right? You should check all settings on your monitor's OSD and google them!

Do you use certified DisplayPort, just to make sure, it is not some crappy cable?

Do you use GPU scalling and override setting of applications in NVCP?

Try different color profile in control panel.

What do you have in NVCP:
- you should have for power management: prefer maximum performance
- under low latency mode: ultra low latency, or on?
- does Overwatch use reflex (if so set low latency mode to off)

Also scaling needs to be set to no scaling, under adjust desktop size...

Try this (important): go to compatibility tab of the Overwatch icon and check: "disable Fullscreen Optimizations". You need to apply this .reg file for it to work. Works until DX11. On DX12/Vulkan: try borderless mode, on drivers - 460.09 Windows should use MPO overlay, which has low input lag!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/y10n4s81 ... s.REG/file

In same category: you can try click "change HIGH DPI setting" override high DPI scaling behavior and set "Application".

Best fps capping methods per API: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/compr ... ne.430972/

Also maybe you need higher HZ mouse, 1000hz polling rate for 360hz monitor may not be enough! I think: at least like 2-4khz Chief Blur Buster said.

You can try my ultimate tweak guide for lowest input lag, there are so many settings which can affect input lag and Windows 10 is bloatware. There is no easy way to fix this!!! I would start with googling every single BIOS feature you have and section: 4.1 power management. Check also ISLC and DPC latency.

https://www.tenforums.com/gaming/117377 ... html#back1

TN_fun

Post by TN_fun » 01 Apr 2021, 06:02

I know what this guy is talking about. This is a typical "input lag" problem caused by EMI or "dirty" electricity.
The most obvious thing is the slow Quickscope, there are many others. Input lag applies to everything in the game, it can literally be seen and felt (depends on you, the perception) This is even with a melee attack.
This guy is need buy a monitor with a reflex, for example a dell, which is even cheaper than an asus. So he would see the exact delay numbers, which are huge.

FarisQari

Post by FarisQari » 01 Apr 2021, 17:54

Thanks alot guys, well read & try every advice you guys gave me.

ashrr

Post by ashrr » 01 Apr 2021, 18:43

TN_fun wrote:
01 Apr 2021, 06:02
I know what this guy is talking about. This is a typical "input lag" problem caused by EMI or "dirty" electricity.
The most obvious thing is the slow Quickscope, there are many others. Input lag applies to everything in the game, it can literally be seen and felt (depends on you, the perception) This is even with a melee attack.
This guy is need buy a monitor with a reflex, for example a dell, which is even cheaper than an asus. So he would see the exact delay numbers, which are huge.
I find this whole input lag is caused by EMI or your electrical quality quite interesting. Are there any high speed videos proving this? I've seen the thread on oc.net but I don't think I've seen actual evidence of it. I've also spent some time trying to fix my weird mouse feel and input lag but as I've upgraded my components over the years and got a new monitor with low processing delay I no longer feel like I have a problem.