Lost on setup for Rocket League

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
RocketRager

Re: Lost on setup for Rocket League

Post by RocketRager » 12 Apr 2021, 11:41

Dizzy wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 04:34
RocketRager wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 15:52
My problem is that I always feel slightly behind everyone in game. I can’t rank up even with so many hours of practice. It’s like I’m in a different time reality than them.

Would 240hz be the answer I’m looking for or am I a fool?
No monitor is going to make you faster than everyone in rocket league. Low input lag is great for mechanics but if you feel way behind everyone, hardware probably isn't the answer. Proper positioning, reading/predicting the ball quickly, and perfect fast aerials are where the speed is at.
RocketRager wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 09:53
I’m simply not arriving at the ball a split second before the enemy.
Then they were faster and/or better positioned. What's your training like? What do you typically focus on? How much free play vs. training packs? How much replay review do you do? We often feel we did everything we could in the moment, but in reality there were several little things we could have done better/faster.
RocketRager wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 09:53
It feels like I’m in a different dimension than them sometimes.
Everyone feels like this when playing against much faster opponents. I'm a GC, but SSL's can absolutely smoke me to the ball. No one in diamond is playing at pro speed. Believe you can improve your speed, I promise you can.

I appreciate the input. Since sept I’ve taken the game “more seriously”. I started doing poquitos ground shots several times a day. Freeplay was 20-30 minutes a day the first few months, plus in between matches. I’ve since cut down on that, as I wasn’t seeing returns from it in the form of wins.

Other training packs I do is “shots you shouldn’t miss” and a backboard training one. I used to mess around with a wall to air dribble pack, but also felt like I was largely wasting my time. I just don’t go for those types of shots on my games too often. I feel like it puts me out of position.

To other points: I’ve never felt like I had comfortable settings. Constantly felt like my controller was inconsistent. Switched over to a Dualsense just about a month ago and am largely comfortable. I don’t feel like it has the same problems my DS4’s both did. I think it’s higher polling rate plus overall newness has helped for sure. Maybe my ds4 sticks were just worn out IDK.

But I always felt like I couldn’t keep up. As you said positioning etc. I’ve had many replays analyzed by higher players, plus I watch some of my own. I’ve been working hard to understand when to challenge, when to shadow, when to wait at back post. I had a lot of bad habits and decision making from 2 years of just goofing off. I’m a lot better now.

But I will ask this: you don’t think seeing the absolute most amount of frames possible helps? I just played 2 days on my brand new monitor the VG259QM 280 hz. Even though we had a rank reset end of last week, and even though the MMR was slightly tweaked, I’m currently ranked a good chunk higher than before.

It sucks that the rank reset happened at the very moment my new monitor arrived, but that’s life. I’d like to have seen where I ranked on the old one, but couldn’t be bothered TBH. Was excited about the new one.

Rank last week I was STRUGGLING TO MAINTAIN high plat 3, low D1.

After the new monitor I’m now D3, still division 1, but several games in.

For perspective: my C1div2 friend is now C1 div4 with the MMR changes.

So I have technically “improved” more than he has, proportionally speaking. I credit the monitor if I’m honest.

I immediately felt more comfortable when I played. More connected. Some will say it’s placebo.

But chief and others agree that even 144 FPS looks “better” on 240HZ, let alone 300+ FPS on 240.

I even turned on the overlock to 280 last night. I got 3 wins since then to put me solid into D3div1 instead of being on the edge of it.

Lots to digest. I’ll see how things shake out this up coming week. But I don’t see how me seeing more frames, isn’t helping.

Imagine they’re seeing 240 frames, but I’m only seeing 144. They’re getting 60% more information than I am. How’s that not a disadvantage for me? I’m liking 240hz right now ;)

Dizzy

Post by Dizzy » 13 Apr 2021, 01:57

RocketRager wrote:
12 Apr 2021, 11:41
I appreciate the input. Since sept I’ve taken the game “more seriously”. I started doing poquitos ground shots several times a day. Freeplay was 20-30 minutes a day the first few months, plus in between matches. I’ve since cut down on that, as I wasn’t seeing returns from it in the form of wins.
Look up youtube videos on what to do in free play. I used to not see the value, but once I learned how to utilize it properly, it's incredibly powerful. Shot packs are good for learning new things and staying sharp, but free play can be so much more valuable.
RocketRager wrote:
I used to mess around with a wall to air dribble pack, but also felt like I was largely wasting my time. I just don’t go for those types of shots on my games too often. I feel like it puts me out of position.
Good. Way too many players work on flashy mechanics all day when they can't even rotate or make basic saves. I hit GC without ever even attempting a flip reset ;)
RocketRager wrote:
But I always felt like I couldn’t keep up. As you said positioning etc. I’ve had many replays analyzed by higher players, plus I watch some of my own. I’ve been working hard to understand when to challenge, when to shadow, when to wait at back post. I had a lot of bad habits and decision making from 2 years of just goofing off. I’m a lot better now.
Replay analysis is so important, as long as you know what to look for. It can get boring but you'll improve a lot by studying your mistakes, or even if you won, seeing where you could have done even better.
RocketRager wrote:
But I will ask this: you don’t think seeing the absolute most amount of frames possible helps? I just played 2 days on my brand new monitor the VG259QM 280 hz. Even though we had a rank reset end of last week, and even though the MMR was slightly tweaked, I’m currently ranked a good chunk higher than before.

It sucks that the rank reset happened at the very moment my new monitor arrived, but that’s life. I’d like to have seen where I ranked on the old one, but couldn’t be bothered TBH. Was excited about the new one.
Yeah that's really unfortunate timing. More frames definitely help, I was just trying to stress that it wasn't going to solve all your problems ya know? I'm glad it feels better tho.
RocketRager wrote:
Imagine they’re seeing 240 frames, but I’m only seeing 144. They’re getting 60% more information than I am. How’s that not a disadvantage for me? I’m liking 240hz right now ;)
I'm not sure it results directly in that much extra info lol. Are you running uncapped tho? I'd recommend trying out capping at a multiple of 120 for the most consistent input.

RocketRager

Post by RocketRager » 13 Apr 2021, 10:47

Dizzy wrote:
13 Apr 2021, 01:57
RocketRager wrote:
Look up youtube videos on what to do in free play. I used to not see the value, but once I learned how to utilize it properly, it's incredibly powerful. Shot packs are good for learning new things and staying sharp, but free play can be so much more valuable.
RocketRager wrote:
I used to mess around with a wall to air dribble pack, but also felt like I was largely wasting my time. I just don’t go for those types of shots on my games too often. I feel like it puts me out of position.
Good. Way too many players work on flashy mechanics all day when they can't even rotate or make basic saves. I hit GC without ever even attempting a flip reset ;)
RocketRager wrote:
Replay analysis is so important, as long as you know what to look for. It can get boring but you'll improve a lot by studying your mistakes, or even if you won, seeing where you could have done even better.
RocketRager wrote:

Yeah that's really unfortunate timing. More frames definitely help, I was just trying to stress that it wasn't going to solve all your problems ya know? I'm glad it feels better tho.
RocketRager wrote:
I'm not sure it results directly in that much extra info lol. Are you running uncapped tho? I'd recommend trying out capping at a multiple of 120 for the most consistent input.

Sorry for a wall of text reply but I’m on my phone and don’t know how to quote just a small part of your statement lol.

My initial settings on the monitor were 240hz, no elmb, no vsync , no pre rendered frames, in game capped to 239 (because it’s the only option now after the update wtf, no more slider).

The second night I tried the 280hz with 120 OD trick, but same everything else. Still felt fine. Maybe even a little better TBH.

But last night I decided to try ELMB wowowowowo. Lol I don’t know if I played better or worse. But I immediately felt relief on my eyes hahaha. It was instantly noticeable and I was amazed because I thought “I don’t even feel like I have motion blur on my game”. Hahah wow. I also turned on vsync, but I don’t know what it might be doing. Or not doing. I’m just throwing settings all over the place at this point lol. Probably not advised. Also tried to uncap the frames in game. All I know is I’m still ranking up

So now it’s 280hz, 120OD, pixel sharpening 50, fast v sync in nvidia, low latency in nvidia, and uncapped frames in game. Something like that.

As I said, I was P3-D1 for MONTHS before this update. Now I’m D3 div 3 lmao. That’s WAY more than the slight MMR change accounts for. I’m seeing more info and loving it.

I’m not sure if these settings are “right” but I’m not feeling bad.

One thing to note: Bakkesmod frame counter has always shown my FPS plus some millisecond measurement underneath. I assume that’s the response time? With my old monitor that was at 7. Now it’s at 3 ish in game, but it goes down to 2 on menus.

Not sure how to interpret that, but can I get 2 in game Somehow too? ;)

Dizzy

Post by Dizzy » 14 Apr 2021, 15:36

RocketRager wrote:
13 Apr 2021, 10:47
I’m not sure if these settings are “right” but I’m not feeling bad.
I wouldn't just turn on random stuff for no reason lol, you're gonna increase your input lag.

I'd keep your monitor at it's highest refresh rate and try capping your frames at 240 (you can do this with bakkesmod if the game won't let you now). This should give you the most consistency with your inputs.
RocketRager wrote:
13 Apr 2021, 10:47
One thing to note: Bakkesmod frame counter has always shown my FPS plus some millisecond measurement underneath. I assume that’s the response time? With my old monitor that was at 7.
It's just the time for each frame. It was 7 because 1/144 = .00694

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 26 Apr 2021, 18:53

Just know i've spent years figuring out my latency issue in rocket league / fps. I'm a high level player in all games despite the latency i experience. I'm just giving a background so you know i'm not just some bot with bad internet (i do have bad internet). I experience the latency offline as well. With that being said, in rocket league i have SSL mechanics, but most days the latency is so weird because it's not just a 10ms delay, it feels like the controller isn't being read properly by the game engine. It's like my input sometimes get's thrown away, or just doesn't register at the proper time. I have tweaked my pc to oblivion and the only things that actually work is getting a crack smoke kit of ram, i'm talking DDR4-4400 CL16, neck beard status + a high end INTEL CPU with a fat overclock. I saw some people mentioning spread spectrum, HPET etc. To comment on those, it's like 100% there's something noticeably different in my input. I personally got a full metal PC case with no glass panel because i live in a condensed city with power pole transformers in close proximity, lots of devices and just shit going on. Now here's what fucked me up, yesterday at like 12:00 AM, my input lag literally was gone, but i still felt like the input wasn't 100% getting registered on time in rocket league. The important part was it was gone essentially, i chalked it up to, cleaner electricity + Low EMI/RFI. The craziest part was, my bios settings were actually defaulted when i checked the next time. (it reset randomly) So i was playing with default bios settings, with spread spectrum enabled, but my input felt god tier in comparison on a normal day. So there's something to be said about EMI/RFI and power supplies. Rocket league also has some autistic settings enabled by default you can edit in the game config under documents>my games>rocket league>TAGame>Config>TASystemSettings.Ini , If you want to use my config, ill post it here. Save your current one though to another text document incase you want to revert back. So all and all, overclock your gear/buy top of line the gear, make sure your motherboard is good & has proper METAL shielding for it's components and can support those crack smoke memory kits. If you want to have a talk about this stuff, my discord is Eonds#7693

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/QQ4BD3 ... c16d-16gvk
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nzxt-n7-z4 ... Id=6447509

MY CONFIG: Just replace the top half with my config, and leave the rest default.

[SystemSettings]
UseDirectSound=True
StaticDecals=False
DynamicDecals=True
UnbatchedDecals=True
DecalCullDistanceScale=0.500000
DynamicLights=True
DynamicShadows=False
LightEnvironmentShadows=True
CompositeDynamicLights=True
SHSecondaryLighting=False
DirectionalLightmaps=False
MotionBlur=False
MotionBlurPause=False
MotionBlurSkinning=1
DepthOfField=False
AmbientOcclusion=False
Bloom=False
bAllowLightShafts=False
Distortion=False
FilteredDistortion=False
DropParticleDistortion=False
bAllowDownsampledTranslucency=False
SpeedTreeLeaves=False
SpeedTreeFronds=False
OnlyStreamInTextures=False
LensFlares=False
FogVolumes=False
FloatingPointRenderTargets=False
OneFrameThreadLag=False
WaitForGPU=false
UseVsync=False
UpscaleScreenPercentage=False
UpscaleTargetFramerateDocked=60.000000
UpscaleTargetFramerateUndocked=60.000000
MinimumScreenScale=100.000000
AllowDynamicResolution=False
ZCullSaveRestore=False
AdaptiveZcull=False
BinnerTileCache=False
BinnerTileResX=64
BinnerTileResY=64
Fullscreen=True
AllowOpenGL=False
AllowRadialBlur=False
AllowSubsurfaceScattering=False
AllowImageReflections=True
AllowImageReflectionShadowing=True
bAllowSeparateTranslucency=False
bAllowPostprocessMLAA=False
bAllowHighQualityMaterials=False
bUseTranslucentArenaShaders=True
MaxFilterBlurSampleCount=16
SkeletalMeshLODBias=0
ParticleLODBias=1
DetailMode=0
MaxDrawDistanceScale=1
ShadowFilterQualityBias=0
MaxAnisotropy=4
MaxMultiSamples=1
bAllowD3D9MSAA=False
bAllowTemporalAA=False
TemporalAA_MinDepth=500.000000
TemporalAA_StartDepthVelocityScale=100.000000
MinShadowResolution=64
MinPreShadowResolution=8
MaxShadowResolution=1120
MobileShadowTextureResolution=1920
MaxWholeSceneDominantShadowResolution=1080
ShadowFadeResolution=32
PreShadowFadeResolution=16
ShadowFadeExponent=0.250000
ResX=1920
ResY=1080
AutoDetectDesktopResolution=False
Borderless=False
AllowApexCloth=false
ScreenPercentage=100.000000
SceneCaptureStreamingMultiplier=1.000000
ShadowTexelsPerPixel=1.273240
PreShadowResolutionFactor=0.500000
bEnableBranchingPCFShadows=False
bAllowHardwareShadowFiltering=False
TessellationAdaptivePixelsPerTriangle=48.000000
bEnableForegroundShadowsOnWorld=False
bEnableForegroundSelfShadowing=False
bAllowWholeSceneDominantShadows=True
bUseConservativeShadowBounds=False
ShadowFilterRadius=2.000000
ShadowDepthBias=0.012000
PerObjectShadowTransition=60.000000
PerSceneShadowTransition=600.000000
CSMSplitPenumbraScale=0.500000
CSMSplitSoftTransitionDistanceScale=4.000000
CSMSplitDepthBiasScale=0.500000
CSMMinimumFOV=40.000000
CSMFOVRoundFactor=4.000000
UnbuiltWholeSceneDynamicShadowRadius=20000.000000
UnbuiltNumWholeSceneDynamicShadowCascades=3
WholeSceneShadowUnbuiltInteractionThreshold=50
bAllowFracturedDamage=False
NumFracturedPartsScale=1.000000
FractureDirectSpawnChanceScale=1.000000
FractureRadialSpawnChanceScale=1.000000
FractureCullDistanceScale=1.000000
bForceCPUAccessToGPUSkinVerts=false
bDisableSkeletalInstanceWeights=false
HighPrecisionGBuffers=False
AllowSecondaryDisplays=False
SecondaryDisplayMaximumWidth=1920
SecondaryDisplayMaximumHeight=1080
AllowPerFrameSleep=False
AllowPerFrameYield=False
MobileFeatureLevel=0
MobileFog=True
MobileHeightFog=False
MobileSpecular=True
MobileBumpOffset=True
MobileNormalMapping=True
MobileEnvMapping=True
MobileRimLighting=True
MobileColorBlending=True
MobileColorGrading=False
MobileVertexMovement=True
MobileOcclusionQueries=False
MobileGlobalGammaCorrection=False
MobileAllowGammaCorrectionWorldOverride=False
MobileAllowDepthPrePass=False
MobileGfxGammaCorrection=False
MobileLODBias=-0.5
MobileBoneCount=75
MobileBoneWeightCount=2
MobileUsePreprocessedShaders=True
MobileFlashRedForUncachedShaders=False
MobileWarmUpPreprocessedShaders=True
MobileCachePreprocessedShaders=False
MobileProfilePreprocessedShaders=False
MobileUseCPreprocessorOnShaders=True
MobileLoadCPreprocessedShaders=True
MobileSharePixelShaders=True
MobileShareVertexShaders=True
MobileShareShaderPrograms=True
MobileEnableMSAA=False
MobileContentScaleFactor=1.0
MobileVertexScratchBufferSize=150
MobileIndexScratchBufferSize=10
MobileLightShaftScale=2.0
MobileLightShaftFirstPass=0.5
MobileLightShaftSecondPass=1.0
MobileModShadows=True
MobileTiltShift=False
MobileMaxMemory=300
MobilePostProcessBlurAmount=32.0
bMobileUsingHighResolutionTiming=False
MobileTiltShiftPosition=0.5
MobileTiltShiftFocusWidth=0.3
MobileTiltShiftTransitionWidth=0.5
MobileMaxShadowRange=500.0
MobileBloomTint=(R=1.0,G=0.75,B=0.0,A=1.0)
MobileClearDepthBetweenDPG=False
MobileSceneDepthResolveForShadows=FALSE
MobileLandscapeLodBias=0
MobileUseShaderGroupForStartupObjects=FALSE
MobileMinimizeFogShaders=FALSE
MobileFXAAQuality=0
ApexLODResourceBudget=1000000000000000000000.0
ApexDestructionMaxChunkIslandCount=2500
ApexDestructionMaxShapeCount=0
ApexDestructionMaxChunkSeparationLOD=1.0
ApexDestructionMaxActorCreatesPerFrame=-1
ApexDestructionMaxFracturesProcessedPerFrame=-1
ApexDestructionSortByBenefit=False
ApexGRBEnable=false
ApexGRBGPUMemSceneSize=128
ApexGRBGPUMemTempDataSize=128
ApexGRBMeshCellSize=7.5
ApexGRBNonPenSolverPosIterCount=9;
ApexGRBFrictionSolverPosIterCount=3;
ApexGRBFrictionSolverVelIterCount=3;
ApexGRBSkinWidth=0.025
ApexGRBMaxLinearAcceleration=1000000.0
bEnableParallelAPEXClothingFetch=False
bApexClothingAsyncFetchResults=False
ApexClothingAvgSimFrequencyWindow=60
ApexClothingAllowAsyncCooking=False
ApexClothingAllowApexWorkBetweenSubsteps=FALSE
TEXTUREGROUP_World=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_WorldNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=512,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_WorldSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=512,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Character=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=512,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=512,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Weapon=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=512,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=256,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=256,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Vehicle=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Cinematic=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Effects=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=512,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_EffectsNotFiltered=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=512,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Skybox=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=512,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_UI=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Lightmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=512,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Shadowmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=512,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,NumStreamedMips=3,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_RenderTarget=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_MobileFlattened=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=512,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_ProcBuilding_Face=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=512,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_ProcBuilding_LightMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=512,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Terrain_Heightmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=512,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Terrain_Weightmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=512,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_ImageBasedReflection=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=512,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Bokeh=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=512,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
bAllowBetterModulatedShadows=FALSE
TEXTUREGROUP_ColorLookupTable=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=512,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
UncappedFramerate=False
FullEffectIntensity=False

EteRnaL

Post by EteRnaL » 17 Oct 2022, 20:59

Dizzy,

Just by reading your response, I want to punch you in the face. Who are you to judge whether this guy Ranger is total crap or if there is actually an issue? I have the same problem, and it's not placebo pal. Think about your responses and maybe even ask your mom what she thinks before you speak to people in that manner.

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 24 Oct 2022, 19:01

deama wrote:
04 Apr 2021, 21:16
Best way is get higher hz, generally soft cap seems to be around 240-360hz, after that point you'll get small improvements.

Other than that, make sure you're running in fullscreen exclusive and that it is indeed running in fullscreen exclusive to disable the dwm (at 120hz that should give you about +8ms or so), and that's about it when it comes to the easy stuff.

The rest of it can very from what type of CPU you have, type of GPU, type of RAM, type of motherboard, type of OS configuration, even the godamn eletricity.
If you're not satisfied with the first two suggestions, or have already tried them, then you'll have to dive in deep into a hodgepodge of lies, truths, and sometimes both, you seem to have experienced this a bit yes?

You can try and go on fr33thy's channel, he's currently debunking various different OS configurations and peripherals, he might do hardware later on.
If you can't wait, don't want to wait, or just have a bunch of money, you can either get yourself a high speed camera (at least 480fps, but 1000fps is best), or get one of those LDAT tools nvidia recently made (I think there's some off brand stuff though) and use that to basically try all the different hardware configurations and settings you can until you find the best ones.
There is also that 360hz monitor that has an input lag sensor built in, but I heard it's not that great to use if you want to do proper tests (large batches), if you're fine with quick and dirty tests then it should be fine though.
Display latency isn't nearly as important as internal system latency and they're both experienced differently (my research). First off either cap your FPS to 2x display refresh rate, or uncap. Overclock your controller (only use ps4 or ps5, ps5 is better when oc'd). OC ram, unplug anything that can cause emi. Things like motors & alternating lights. anything that has to use AC is going to cause emi. As an SSL in rocket league yes input latency is everything in that game. Rocket league is the hardest mechanical game ever.