Electricity input lag fix !

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
n1zoo

Re: Electricity input lag fix !

Post by n1zoo » 19 Apr 2021, 08:16

yonaxsangi wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 07:46
n1zoo wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 06:16
I have no clue how to import my BIOS into AMIBCP.. Could you enable those features for me please? I gonna PM you with my latest BIOS Link. I want to test it out.

Btw I have Spread Spectrum in my BIOS. Literally no effect when I'm enable it..
but this spread spectrum just enables it bro, when u edit your bios u can set the spread spectrum as high as possible so this is very good
Ok, so could you edit my bios? Im trying to make .rom file but sadly nothing works..

yonaxsangi

Post by yonaxsangi » 19 Apr 2021, 08:21

n1zoo wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 08:16
yonaxsangi wrote:
n1zoo wrote:
I have no clue how to import my BIOS into AMIBCP.. Could you enable those features for me please? I gonna PM you with my latest BIOS Link. I want to test it out.

but this spread spectrum just enables it bro, when u edit your bios u can set the spread spectrum as high as possible so this is very good
Ok, so could you edit my bios? Im trying to make .rom file but sadly nothing works..
i will do it for u check pm after 30 min

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 19 Apr 2021, 08:40

yonaxsangi wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 08:21
n1zoo wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 08:16
yonaxsangi wrote:
n1zoo wrote:

i will do it for u check pm after 30 min
Ok, ty bro. Waiting.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 19 Apr 2021, 09:40

There’s no single universal fix for all EMI problems that cascade to input lag (e.g. error correction lag)

But...

There are times where spread spectrum pros massively outweighs cons in a high-EMI environment. Although I personally keep it off as I am not in a high-EMI environment, it may produce better performance in high-EMI environments.

I can confirm spread spectrum is one of hundreds of “fixes” (that often must be done simultaneously), it unfortunately doesn’t fix everybody’s EMI-from-bad-electricity problems. It is good to go ahead and try it if you suspect EMI.

EMI-resistance is sorta why spread spectrum setting was invented (in a roundabout way) but most users didn’t bother until desperate to fix problems.

The problem is it’s so hard for an end user to test/debug when spread spectrum pros massively outweighs the cons in your specific particular EMI situation — there lies in the rub. But it’s a useful setting to turn on when your specific EMI situation makes it impossible to benefit from “spread spectrum = off” setting.

In other words, the OP gave useful advice to try spread spectrum during an EMI-duress situation but it is not a silver bullet that helps 100% of the time.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

yonaxsangi

Post by yonaxsangi » 19 Apr 2021, 10:01

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 09:40
There’s no single universal fix for all EMI problems that cascade to input lag (e.g. error correction lag)

But...

There are times where spread spectrum pros massively outweighs cons in a high-EMI environment. Although I personally keep it off as I am not in a high-EMI environment, it may produce better performance in high-EMI environments.

I can confirm spread spectrum is one of hundreds of “fixes” (that often must be done simultaneously), it unfortunately doesn’t fix everybody’s EMI-from-bad-electricity problems. It is good to go ahead and try it if you suspect EMI.

EMI-resistance is sorta why spread spectrum setting was invented (in a roundabout way) but most users didn’t bother until desperate to fix problems.

The problem is it’s so hard for an end user to test/debug when spread spectrum pros massively outweighs the cons in your specific particular EMI situation — there lies in the rub. But it’s a useful setting to turn on when your specific EMI situation makes it impossible to benefit from “spread spectrum = off” setting.

In other words, the OP gave useful advice to try spread spectrum during an EMI-duress situation but it is not a silver bullet that helps 100% of the time.

ofc its not a real 100% solution, for real solution u need to fix the entire electricity but no one can and they living with this delay!
editing bios its different than going to bios and just enabling spread spectrum because in the hidden settings when u editing your bios theres functions like EMI/RFI settings that u increase to maximum to reduce it so i think it will act different.
for me its really fixed like 70% of the input lag my mouse feels much more faster than before i cant even play with my own sensitivty and its very consistent i played like 3 days and its very good actually.

so for some people it will work, i just trying to help some people nothing wrong to just go and try
changing place its almost impossible for some people like me so ....

skkiNN

Post by skkiNN » 19 Apr 2021, 11:35

yonaxsangi wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 10:56
Ok hello guys first of all sorry for my english its not good but ill try my best to help for people who have this annoying electricity problem.

i lived with this inout lag for 5 years without potential fix i tried every windows tweaks nvidia drivers, motherboard drivers, changing most parts of the computer, monitor changing the electricity wires, outlets, own grounding, earthing, surge protectors, emi filters. those things will improve things for 1 hour but u will still get the problem after some amount of time.
I mainly play csgo, 2400 elo faceit , global elite
but i achieved this ranks and level just because of experience and even low lvl or ranked players always prefired me holding position is almost impossible, i have benq 2540 240hz monitor but it feels like its has alot of input lag like make the monitor feels like 10ms!! it should be 1ms. the player movement its too fast tracking is like almost impossible the hitreg is bad u spray and pray to kill an enemy.

-But i have some fix but its not 100%
i can say its very consistent i played like 3 days in the morning and night its always the same(consistent).

I dont know if it will work for some people but for me its worked perfectly its not like 100% fix but i can say its 70% and its playable now.
- so guys i have gigabyte z390 aorus pro motherboard and i saw one guy said theres hidden feature called RFI spread spectrum , PCIE spread spectrum so i enabled all of them from software called AMIBCP and updated my bios. what it does its reduced my RFI/EMi to almost 50mv its like nothing , before it was 850mv is too high and risky for health also. so try to edit your bios and enable all this features.
my man, thank u so much for posting all this bro... I have a z270F asus motherboard, can u do the patched version for me too? im so inexpert in all these things my man :(

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 19 Apr 2021, 12:12

i tried it and feel difference, but its maybe 5% better .. if its EMI its easy to fix no? just delete all old appliance from house outlets...

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 19 Apr 2021, 12:13

i tried it and feel difference, but its maybe 5% better .. if its EMI its easy to fix no? just delete all old appliance from house outlets...

i tried play 3 days without any appliance turned on, for 3 days was on only my PC nothing else and i had all this problems too, so idk, i live in house

pox02

Post by pox02 » 19 Apr 2021, 12:19

yonaxsangi wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 01:19
pox02 wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 16:28
i have one fix for u yonaxsangi switch ur power supply with good unit with a really good emi filter like hx1200i or ssr-1000tr from seasonic looks the difference

good word about spread spectrum

spread spectrum is a hot topic of debate if it actually "works" it's just spreading out the energy some more. it doesn't reduce the overall power leakage
it helps meet the legal requirements, but the effect on actual interference is debated

sorry yonaxsangi the whole problem come from PSU

ax1600i Huge emi

https://streamable.com/hijvkt

hx1200i Extreme low emi

https://streamable.com/skoc1u
hello brother i had corsair hx1200, evga supernova and all this power supplies but this didnt helped me always was good in the first time but after some hours its come back. but now i have seasonic psu with 1000watt and what interesting in seasonic power supplies its the DC to DC power convertor. Most of the power supplies is AC to DC. so after puting this psu i dont the speedhack gaming effect but the prefires and bad hitreg was still there

first get emi meter and see where the emi come from

video about evga its true they cause so much emi because they dont implement really good emi filter

phpBB [video]

hx1200

phpBB [video]

and i say again spread spectrum spreading out the energy more and doesn't reduce the overall power leakage

http://www.aqvox.de/tech.html#CLOCK

Spread spectrum is a technology used by motherboards manufacturers to reduce EMF emissions. This is accomplished by modulating the system bus clock, which in turn modulates the CPU speed. This source of modulation can cause timing jitter in the entire system, and even if it might be very subtle it is recommended to disable this option in your BIOS when possible.

http://www.livefactory.com/forum/rack-p ... t/post/326
monitors xg258q aw2518hf 27GK750F-B pg248q xg240r lg w2363d-pf xb270hu XL2546 XL2546K NXG252R

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 19 Apr 2021, 18:46

pox02 wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 12:19
Spread spectrum is a technology used by motherboards manufacturers to reduce EMF emissions. This is accomplished by modulating the system bus clock, which in turn modulates the CPU speed. This source of modulation can cause timing jitter in the entire system, and even if it might be very subtle it is recommended to disable this option in your BIOS when possible.
It is indeed a pick-poison endeavour that often depends on location (local area of interference).

In other words, do you choose:
...Perfect precise jitter-free clocks (but more sensitive to lag/freezes by EMI error correction)
...Tolerating timing jitter (but less sensitive to lag/freezes by EMI error correction)

Some more commentary:

I also would like to add that while EMI meters detect many common forms of EMI, it doesn't cover all types of EMI. For example, the EMI meter might not be sensitive to specific frequencies.

And there is over-the-air EMI versus over-the-electricity EMI. Like when you're living next to (or underneath!) high voltage power transmission lines. The radiofrequency spectrum has many frequencies and you might have funny EMI patterns, narrowband or broadband, etc. Like all the different looks of a music visualization multipled by 1000x+ on steroids. EMI meters attempt to cram this into a simplified number which may not always tell the whole story for the more complex EMI debugging situations. Some EMI solutions are simple while others are impossibly complex.

They are a useful subset tool to attempt to track down a hard-to-diagnose problem, but there is a lot more uncertainity/voodoo feel to this (Even though it's a very scientifically real problem!) since it is not always a 100% binary works/fails situation.

I would love to see more reviewers study the EMI problem in more detail as pushing the needle in performance has put us very deep into EMI-sensitive territory.

The old days were far less EMI-sensitive. The Mars Perseverance rover uses a RAD750 processor (like a PowerPC 750) for a very good reason to resist a different form of EMI (cosmic rays!) -- your EMI meter probably doesn't detect that EMI frequency but it is usually not important on Planet Earth when the big problem EMI are far lower frequencies (appliances, high voltage lines, etc). Over-the-wire and over-the-air interference often require different tester equipment for each common types.

I just want to temper expectations of easy troubleshoots -- EMI troubleshooting is one of the most difficult computer troubleshoots in the world -- the more advanced leagues of EMI debugging/engineering (the stuff big companies do) is more complex than software development.

Keep the discussion going (with realistic expectations).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!