Electricity input lag fix !

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
ko4

Re: Electricity input lag fix !

Post by ko4 » 03 Jun 2021, 02:46

Listen to the doctor and take your meds

MetalingusMike

Post by MetalingusMike » 08 Jun 2021, 20:54

UPS are not perfect. They emit EMI. If EMI in the KHz to MHz range is the issue, a UPS won't solve it - it may in fact make it worse.

Jazzmonster

Post by Jazzmonster » 20 Jul 2021, 08:36

Hello yonaxsangi. Would you mind elaborating on the emi filters that you used? Spread spectrum is related to EMI issue but you have mentioned that emi filters did not help. I would try the spread spectrum change but I want a more strong fix like a filter so that my PC and laptop dont have to suffer this EMI issue. So Im planning to buy a EMI filter like stetzerizer or Greenwave.

WatuZ

Post by WatuZ » 21 Nov 2021, 11:51

yonaxsangi wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 10:56
Ok hello guys first of all sorry for my english its not good but ill try my best to help for people who have this annoying electricity problem.

i lived with this inout lag for 5 years without potential fix i tried every windows tweaks nvidia drivers, motherboard drivers, changing most parts of the computer, monitor changing the electricity wires, outlets, own grounding, earthing, surge protectors, emi filters. those things will improve things for 1 hour but u will still get the problem after some amount of time.
I mainly play csgo, 2400 elo faceit , global elite
but i achieved this ranks and level just because of experience and even low lvl or ranked players always prefired me holding position is almost impossible, i have benq 2540 240hz monitor but it feels like its has alot of input lag like make the monitor feels like 10ms!! it should be 1ms. the player movement its too fast tracking is like almost impossible the hitreg is bad u spray and pray to kill an enemy.

-But i have some fix but its not 100%
i can say its very consistent i played like 3 days in the morning and night its always the same(consistent).

I dont know if it will work for some people but for me its worked perfectly its not like 100% fix but i can say its 70% and its playable now.
- so guys i have gigabyte z390 aorus pro motherboard and i saw one guy said theres hidden feature called RFI spread spectrum , PCIE spread spectrum so i enabled all of them from software called AMIBCP and updated my bios. what it does its reduced my RFI/EMi to almost 50mv its like nothing , before it was 850mv is too high and risky for health also. so try to edit your bios and enable all this features.
can u help me enable spread spectrum? i have the rom file and everything just dont know what values to change
Attachments
biosreg.rar
(5.62 MiB) Downloaded 112 times
Skärmklipp3211132.PNG
Skärmklipp3211132.PNG (80.7 KiB) Viewed 5550 times

WatuZ

Post by WatuZ » 21 Nov 2021, 23:00

blackmagic wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 16:13
@WatuZ

you can change this options with scewin without flashing the bios.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgUwftnqPtU

scewin download:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/x2hmlg8d ... N.zip/file

but it dont works for all motherboards...idk.
on my asrock 970m pro3 board it dont want export the biossettings for some reason and i get 'Platform identification failed'... :(
but that board already has 1 spread spectrum option unhidden by default.

but i tried to use scewin here on two z390 boards and it worked good.

anyway be carefully with that...
backup ur bios and u better have some option to reset it when something goes wrong.

if u not sure about what u are doing...
there great forums like: https://www.win-raid.com
https://www.win-raid.com/f54-BIOS-Modding-Requests.html
with good people that has much knowledge on that all and can help to unlock stuff u want and make them visible and working in bios.

i was there too and a guy helped to do this very quick and with no fails or bad things...

if u go with scewin or go to bios modding forums...
here the stuff u can try that i know from this forum and by @yonaxsangi...
- RFI Spread Spectrum
options: 0.5% - 6%
- PCIE Spread Spectrum Clocking
options: enabled/disbaled
-HPET
options: enabled/disabled
- Pcie Pll SSC
value to 2.0% that maximum.

- Intel ICC (on your picture it must be probably the "pci clock placeholder...")
spread % value to 255

i think that all options that was mentioned here in topic...
Thanks ive made a thread on the forum hope it works!

lulded

Post by lulded » 26 Jan 2022, 01:59

I'm going to bump this.

I think there's a big misconception here. I've dealt with these issues on and off for the past five or so years now and its not exactly "input lag" in a traditional sense, In fact, at least in my case, input lag becomes Very Low to a point where its hard to control the cursor in game. Lets call it something else? I guess input lag is the easiest way to describe it, granted a 360hz monitor would have the same kind of impact in a "normal environment".

The only way I've been able to offset this is by forcing a lower polling rate (4ms-250hz/8ms-125hz) and or using a monitor with lower native refresh rate. ("Downgrading" from 240hz 1080P >165hz 1440p).. I mean from that perspective, the EMI is forcing lower latency. :lol:

So why am I replying to this thread?

I recently had my ISP do work on my property for intermittent internet issues and my "signal" being generally low to a point where internet crashed. They had to re-cable the line to my house. No big deal.

Internet was down for bit and the cable line was left above ground until they could call the 3rd party to dig. Internet got fixed and that same night, my issues were pretty much gone. No more "EMI" and my PC felt the same as if I were to take it to a family members house as I have in the past on multiple occasions.

When they re-dug the cable 2 days later, issue came back... Basically confirming suspicion. The issue in my case is something to do with my cable being influenced by ground.. Even if I remove "grounding" off the cable line (don't leave it off, not smart) this significantly influences how my PC behaves, even when the internet is on.

Maybe I have a completely different issue, but some of you can simply try unplugging your cable from the modem and leaving it off for 10-15 minutes... The modem itself won't really cause issues. This causes "EMI" to disappear in my subjective environment. Went on internet/game by tethering phone with 5G.

I've also noticed that forcing a lower "PL" limit setting in my bios helps excessively IE on AMD BIOS, PBO can force the CPU to run at 45-65W. This subjectively helps a ton and increases the latency back to "normal" levels, regardless of FPS remaining 300+.

So is it internet, electricity? I would say its a combination of everything plugged in. I think higher wattage PC amplifies the issue when an outside source such as my cable line influnences.

Why is this more common past 2016-2017? Hardware is a lot faster. Modern CPU's push 4.8+ ghz no issue, higher PL limits and advanced power management. Lower brightness on monitor also helps.

In regards to this, I remember testing certain sample mice from a "x" company from 2012-2016 and noticed how much different a "low latency" sensor felt relative to competitor products of the same generations. I'll be honest, I think the issue went further back than I'm willing to admit. Some older/worse sensors felt better, but this was the start. Current monitors are a lot faster than the one I was using 7-9 years ago, when I had the "best of the best" in gear.

Unixko

Post by Unixko » 26 Jan 2022, 10:43

lulded wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 01:59
I'm going to bump this.

I think there's a big misconception here. I've dealt with these issues on and off for the past five or so years now and its not exactly "input lag" in a traditional sense, In fact, at least in my case, input lag becomes Very Low to a point where its hard to control the cursor in game. Lets call it something else? I guess input lag is the easiest way to describe it, granted a 360hz monitor would have the same kind of impact in a "normal environment".

The only way I've been able to offset this is by forcing a lower polling rate (4ms-250hz/8ms-125hz) and or using a monitor with lower native refresh rate. ("Downgrading" from 240hz 1080P >165hz 1440p).. I mean from that perspective, the EMI is forcing lower latency. :lol:

I recently had my ISP do work on my property for intermittent internet issues and my "signal" being generally low to a point where internet crashed. They had to re-cable the line to my house. No big deal.

Internet was down for bit and the cable line was left above ground until they could call the 3rd party to dig. Internet got fixed and that same night, my issues were pretty much gone. No more "EMI" and my PC felt the same as if I were to take it to a family members house as I have in the past on multiple occasions.

When they re-dug the cable 2 days later, issue came back... Basically confirming suspicion. The issue in my case is something to do with my cable being influenced by ground.. Even if I remove "grounding" off the cable line (don't leave it off, not smart) this significantly influences how my PC behaves, even when the internet is on.

Maybe I have a completely different issue, but some of you can simply try unplugging your cable from the modem and leaving it off for 10-15 minutes... The modem itself won't really cause issues. This causes "EMI" to disappear in my subjective environment. Went on internet/game by tethering phone with 5G.

I've also noticed that forcing a lower "PL" limit setting in my bios helps excessively IE on AMD BIOS, PBO can force the CPU to run at 45-65W. This subjectively helps a ton and increases the latency back to "normal" levels, regardless of FPS remaining 300+.

So is it internet, electricity? I would say its a combination of everything plugged in. I think higher wattage PC amplifies the issue when an outside source such as my cable line influnences.

Why is this more common past 2016-2017? Hardware is a lot faster. Modern CPU's push 4.8+ ghz no issue, higher PL limits and advanced power management. Lower brightness on monitor also helps.

In regards to this, I remember testing certain sample mice from a "x" company from 2012-2016 and noticed how much different a "low latency" sensor felt relative to competitor products of the same generations. I'll be honest, I think the issue went further back than I'm willing to admit. Some older/worse sensors felt better, but this was the start. Current monitors are a lot faster than the one I was using 7-9 years ago, when I had the "best of the best" in gear.
agree with everything what you wrote here generaly people call that input lag for better understanding but like you say is more like what ever you do with your inputs it is displayed badly on your monitor even if all your benchmark is normal

lulded

Post by lulded » 28 Jan 2022, 20:09

Unixko wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 10:43
lulded wrote:
I'm going to bump this.

agree with everything what you wrote here generaly people call that input lag for better understanding but like you say is more like what ever you do with your inputs it is displayed badly on your monitor even if all your benchmark is normal
Sure, but to me, its the same kind of impact of having a lower latency gear.. CPU speed.. High freq Ram, higher Freq monitor/mice. Etc..

Anyway it's been consistent. Unplugging my cable from the router completely solves this issue for me. My ideology on this is that the cable line/ground/grounding is somehow causes issues even though the signal is fine. Maybe the Coaxial is too close to my power line, I don't know.

I do know that I will switch to fiber internet as soon as I can.

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 29 Jan 2022, 14:38

lulded wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 20:09
Unixko wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 10:43
lulded wrote:
I'm going to bump this.

Sure, but to me, its the same kind of impact of having a lower latency gear.. CPU speed.. High freq Ram, higher Freq monitor/mice. Etc..

Anyway it's been consistent. Unplugging my cable from the router completely solves this issue for me. My ideology on this is that the cable line/ground/grounding is somehow causes issues even though the signal is fine. Maybe the Coaxial is too close to my power line, I don't know.

I do know that I will switch to fiber internet as soon as I can.

What about 4g, 5g? Without any cables

lulded

Post by lulded » 29 Jan 2022, 21:38

InputLagger wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 14:38
What about 4g, 5g? Without any cables
Like I said, the issue for me is stemming from my Coaxial Cable line powered through modem. Change modem to a different model won't really do anything. The cable itself is being influenced by ground/grounding/close electrical lines.

Tethering phone to PC via 5G works fine.. It's just not practical to use as its not a consistent line.

Fiber internet should offset my issues, granted I do not have it yet.. but I'm zoned by FCC registration to have it implemented. They already implemented it 1 street over, so that should be soon.