Electricity input lag fix !

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
pox02

Re: Electricity input lag fix !

Post by pox02 » 22 Apr 2021, 15:29

blackmagic wrote:
22 Apr 2021, 14:15
okay i need still some help here because i still cant figure out how to save the bios correctly...

i had the hope that @yonaxsangi are gonna help with that but this guy seems not visit this more and i still get no PM from him...

maybe he fail to edit and save too our bioses correctly but he could atleast say that to us...wtf man. :(

so here the point where im stuck and just dont understand what was going wrong on my first flash try...

if i go to bios strings then remove strings and remove all the languages except the EN...then i can save the edited bios file in the correct way and open it again and see that changes are saved...

but if dont do this steps then i can save too but when i open the bios again then it looks like this:

https://i.imgur.com/AWErvcS.png

empty folders and handle FFFF everywhere.

that probably not the correct way... :lol:

@yonaxsangi if you here dude...pls tell the steps you do for your own bios and board...

need we to remove the languages strings before edit and save ? is that the correct way ?
done

put Pcie Pll SSC to 2.0% to
https://easyupload.io/9gi6ah

make sure u backup bios

add some privilege USER to the bios if the first one not working

https://easyupload.io/sp8n6n
monitors xg258q aw2518hf 27GK750F-B pg248q xg240r lg w2363d-pf xb270hu XL2546 XL2546K NXG252R

pox02

Post by pox02 » 22 Apr 2021, 17:18

blackmagic wrote:
22 Apr 2021, 16:49
pox02 wrote:
22 Apr 2021, 15:29
blackmagic wrote:
22 Apr 2021, 14:15
okay i need still some help here because i still cant figure out how to save the bios correctly...

i had the hope that @yonaxsangi are gonna help with that but this guy seems not visit this more and i still get no PM from him...

maybe he fail to edit and save too our bioses correctly but he could atleast say that to us...wtf man. :(

so here the point where im stuck and just dont understand what was going wrong on my first flash try...

if i go to bios strings then remove strings and remove all the languages except the EN...then i can save the edited bios file in the correct way and open it again and see that changes are saved...

but if dont do this steps then i can save too but when i open the bios again then it looks like this:

https://i.imgur.com/AWErvcS.png

empty folders and handle FFFF everywhere.

that probably not the correct way... :lol:

@yonaxsangi if you here dude...pls tell the steps you do for your own bios and board...

need we to remove the languages strings before edit and save ? is that the correct way ?
done

put Pcie Pll SSC to 2.0% to
https://easyupload.io/9gi6ah

make sure u backup bios

add some privilege USER to the bios if the first one not working

https://easyupload.io/sp8n6n
okay that my flash fail numbero 2... :lol:

i go with 2nd file that you uploaded and tried to flash from bios with m-flash but this time something was different...

when i start pc then ez debug led lights up on vga and is constant lighting.

and it seems that it find the gpu because my display turns on but it stays black and no booting.

my last first flash the display was black too but it dont even turned on...
and ez debug led was not going past dram and the light went off at that point...

so there clearly a progress and difference... :D

i hook up my pc right now again with ch341a programmer and gonna try to flash with the first 1 file you uploaded...

maybe i should change the Pcie Pll SSC again to 0% ? maybe that causing the ez debug led stuck at vga ?

could be https://easyupload.io/wv0wh2 Pcie Pll SSC on 0%
monitors xg258q aw2518hf 27GK750F-B pg248q xg240r lg w2363d-pf xb270hu XL2546 XL2546K NXG252R

Rallaz

Post by Rallaz » 22 Apr 2021, 20:57

Hello I would like some help on my motherboard as well if there is someone who's willing to modify it.

Unlock
HPET (High Precision Event Timer)

RFI
- Settings
- Domain
- Undefined
- Nominal Frequency
- Frequency Adjustment
- Frequency Prefix
- Frequency Spread Spectrum
- Current Frequency

Intel ICC
- Spread %
- ICC/OC Watchdog Timer
- Spread Mode Adjustments

Version 1502
2020/05/04 8.15 MBytes

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/L ... S-1502.zip

edit: ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE

@yonaxsangi
Last edited by Rallaz on 23 Apr 2021, 08:44, edited 1 time in total.

alexander1986

Post by alexander1986 » 23 Apr 2021, 09:03

blackmagic wrote:
22 Apr 2021, 23:42
@pox02

sadly i had no luck here and it always ended with black screens but atleast the backup works without issues here...so nothing lose.
i tried then after some older bioses and different values and USER/DEFAULT...but still no luck and i think there still something wrong with bios or maybe i need some unlock tools for flash modded bioses...idk...

anyway thanks for help man.

but still that all makes me somehow sad and mad...
other mainboards having tools and stuff for flash modded bios but for msi i cant find nothing when googling...that just sucks.

the only thing i find was this patched amibcp and where it says in readme file z390 support...fk that.

i think i need go to modding forums too or maybe @alexander1986 having more luck than me...

yo, first of all great work that you managed to recover bios ! :mrgreen:
very very good stuff, but question is now why you have to remove those strings to save changes?

I think this is not really needed or maybe is needed with patched AMIBCP, but probably when u are doing this step something goes wrong?

IDK but I feel that step where you remove all other languages/strings except english is where it will fail?

my idea is if you can try to only do this and nothing else:

can you try ONLY change rfi spread spectrum to 6% maximum value, no other changes, and try to somehow save and import this change to bios? this seems to be the most important value out of all for us, as the maximum value should in theory provide the best emi resistance, when looking at all documentation about this stuff anyway..

this change I mean if you remember:

that was exported with the scewin tool and export.bat, maybe could try the import.bat after putting the * at 6% ?

although am personally skeptical that import.bat file can really flash from within windows, but maybe it will just save the change to a bios file that you can then flash from bios utility?

am still waiting for response from some other places for my request to modify bios :d but until then maybe you and me can continue some experimenting since now you have flash tool and can always recover original bios at least after experimenting!

can try everything u can think of because you at least have guaranteed fallback option with your flash hardware now, for me is different I only have 1 chance and if it fails I am without motherboard and PC for a while :mrgreen:

if you want can maybe send me PM and add me on discord or something so we dont spam this thread with chat back and forth etc,

cheers !

Rallaz

Post by Rallaz » 24 Apr 2021, 18:07

Has anyone tested if this tool works?

SCEWIN_64 <- admin rights
EXPORT.bat <- admin rights
changing settings that you want..
then using IMPORT.bat <- admin rights

My Motherboard is: Asus Rog Maximus XI CODE (Z390)

Edit:
or does it only works with specifics manufacturers?
Since I cannot tell if @blackmagic used a modded bios from another user that used AMIBCP

alexander1986

Post by alexander1986 » 26 Apr 2021, 02:49

Rallaz wrote:
24 Apr 2021, 18:07

Edit:
Since I cannot tell if @blackmagic used a modded bios from another user that used AMIBCP

I am not expert but I can say one thing, SCEWIN is legit tool, its made by AMI the guys who make the BIOS in many motherboards today, but then its up to the manufacturer of motherboard like Asus, MSI, etc to add/remove/hide/unhide features in BIOS from the end-users.

official documentation on SCEWIN and the export/import function here from INTEL version of the utility:

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/29468/ ... _Guide.pdf

if you compare that documentation to the import.bat / export.bat you will see its legit, and it does work to reflash from windows since it has possibility to update the NVRAM/UEFI (BIOS) from windows,

however, I think still some features and BIOS settings can be flagged as unchangeable / hardlocked so you wont be able to change with SCEWIN import.bat, and in that case is where you need some modified and unlocked bios like on the other forums where I saw your post also (winraid etc)

But, in your case , you have asus rog maximus motherboard, this motherboard has BIOS USB recovery function right? so you can recover with original bios file from USB even without booting to USB? just put in the special BIOS usb port and start recovery? if you read your motherboard manual I think there should be function like this, in other words you should not have anything to lose by testing?

of course, everything on your own risk, but im pretty sure rog maximus boards have BIOS recovery function like I am talking about in situations where power failure happens during flashing or corrupt bios file or whatever...

if you decide to run SCEWIN import.bat please update us with if it worked etc and if changes are actually saved after, because I think with SCEWIN you cant unlock/unhide menus in bios , but maybe u can atleast change the default hidden settings to new values, even if they will not show up in BIOS menu afterwards... (and then you could run export.bat after to check if your new settings are really saved/enabled etc)

hardhit

Post by hardhit » 26 Apr 2021, 03:31

blackmagic wrote:
22 Apr 2021, 23:42

i think i need go to modding forums too or maybe @alexander1986 having more luck than me...
Please test function: "Spread %"

Rallaz

Post by Rallaz » 26 Apr 2021, 04:21

alexander1986 wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 02:49
Rallaz wrote:

Edit:

I am not expert but I can say one thing, SCEWIN is legit tool, its made by AMI the guys who make the BIOS in many motherboards today, but then its up to the manufacturer of motherboard like Asus, MSI, etc to add/remove/hide/unhide features in BIOS from the end-users.

official documentation on SCEWIN and the export/import function here from INTEL version of the utility:

if you compare that documentation to the import.bat / export.bat you will see its legit, and it does work to reflash from windows since it has possibility to update the NVRAM/UEFI (BIOS) from windows,

however, I think still some features and BIOS settings can be flagged as unchangeable / hardlocked so you wont be able to change with SCEWIN import.bat, and in that case is where you need some modified and unlocked bios like on the other forums where I saw your post also (winraid etc)

But, in your case , you have asus rog maximus motherboard, this motherboard has BIOS USB recovery function right? so you can recover with original bios file from USB even without booting to USB? just put in the special BIOS usb port and start recovery? if you read your motherboard manual I think there should be function like this, in other words you should not have anything to lose by testing?

of course, everything on your own risk, but im pretty sure rog maximus boards have BIOS recovery function like I am talking about in situations where power failure happens during flashing or corrupt bios file or whatever...

if you decide to run SCEWIN import.bat please update us with if it worked etc and if changes are actually saved after, because I think with SCEWIN you cant unlock/unhide menus in bios , but maybe u can atleast change the default hidden settings to new values, even if they will not show up in BIOS menu afterwards... (and then you could run export.bat after to check if your new settings are really saved/enabled etc)

I did what you told me to do, tried since my BIOS has a recovery feature.
I IMPORTED the settings I changed. Everything booted into BIOS fine and it booted into windows fine.
I could not find the settings being displayed in the BIOS anywhere.

I exported the settings once again using SCEWIN_64 and it had changed every setting I actually changed from the settings when I used IMPORT.bat.

So I guess the settings are changed? But do they have any affect or do they not exist on my motherboard?

alexander1986

Post by alexander1986 » 26 Apr 2021, 04:39

Rallaz wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 04:21
alexander1986 wrote:
Rallaz wrote:

Edit:

I IMPORTED the settings I changed. Everything booted into BIOS fine and it booted into windows fine.

I exported the settings once again using SCEWIN_64 and it had changed every setting I actually changed from the settings when I used IMPORT.bat.

So I guess the settings are changed? But do they have any affect or do they not exist on my motherboard?

Nice that SCEWIN works for import, very good info to know !

Is hard for me to say 100% if it has any real effect or not, only you can tell I guess by testing stuff to confirm?

(so far I did not test SCEWIN myself to import changes, only export, and also my EMI problem has been minimal / mouse feels perfect last ~6 days, and I noticed my neighbour is on vacation this time also, so I have now theory that maybe something my neigbhbour is using is causing perhaps EMI for me lol, when he is back and if problems come back for me, I will test these rfi/pcie spread spectrum + ICC spread% settings to see if it actually make any difference for me)

but for example, if you make same import/export process again but with some other setting, some "normal" feature that is not hidden like maybe set ram speed to 3000 mhz instead of for example 3200 mhz (or whatever you currently use) and then you can see if it really does change ram speed etc?

for example I use 3600mhz normally on my ram :

but if I wanted to test if my export changes are really saved, I could put * on 3000mhz instead (just example) and export + import then see if ram speed actually change to 3000 mhz from 3600 mhz, etc etc.

I think a lot of features in motherboard is available and can be changed, but manufacturers decide for different reasons to hide/unhide some menus, for example on non-WIFI motherboard there is no reason to put WIFI settings, etc, and for some cheap motherboards they hide some features, but on higher price motherboards they unhide features, etc...

also probably is easier to have a general bios file for all models and then they just hide/unhide features instead of creating 100 bios versions for 100 different motherboards etc u know? at least this is my theory..

maybe some settings will have no effect, maybe some will, but I have feeling when it comes to things like pcie spread spectrum + rfi spread spectrum and ICC watchdog timer things, this is available in all motherboards because it is basic function of intel chipsets and cpu... also RFI spread spectrum setting I read is required by law in countries like USA to be enabled, for some compliance reasons with EMI emissions etc... so I think these spectrum settings + icc watchdog settings are supported by all intel chipsets/cpus as it probably is necessary functions,

just my theories... now is up to you to test different combinations of RFI/PCIE spread spectrum settings + also maybe this icc watchdog/spread % setting to see if it really helps your problems u know?

I would test myself but because I have no problems for last ~6 days with EMI and mouse feels great for me right now, I can not see if it will work or not right now...

Rallaz

Post by Rallaz » 26 Apr 2021, 05:26

alexander1986 wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 04:39
Rallaz wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 04:21
alexander1986 wrote:
Rallaz wrote:

Edit:

Nice that SCEWIN works for import, very good info to know !

Is hard for me to say 100% if it has any real effect or not, only you can tell I guess by testing stuff to confirm?

(so far I did not test SCEWIN myself to import changes, only export, and also my EMI problem has been minimal / mouse feels perfect last ~6 days, and I noticed my neighbour is on vacation this time also, so I have now theory that maybe something my neigbhbour is using is causing perhaps EMI for me lol, when he is back and if problems come back for me, I will test these rfi/pcie spread spectrum + ICC spread% settings to see if it actually make any difference for me)

but for example, if you make same import/export process again but with some other setting, some "normal" feature that is not hidden like maybe set ram speed to 3000 mhz instead of for example 3200 mhz (or whatever you currently use) and then you can see if it really does change ram speed etc?

for example I use 3600mhz normally on my ram :

but if I wanted to test if my export changes are really saved, I could put * on 3000mhz instead (just example) and export + import then see if ram speed actually change to 3000 mhz from 3600 mhz, etc etc.

I think a lot of features in motherboard is available and can be changed, but manufacturers decide for different reasons to hide/unhide some menus, for example on non-WIFI motherboard there is no reason to put WIFI settings, etc, and for some cheap motherboards they hide some features, but on higher price motherboards they unhide features, etc...

also probably is easier to have a general bios file for all models and then they just hide/unhide features instead of creating 100 bios versions for 100 different motherboards etc u know? at least this is my theory..

maybe some settings will have no effect, maybe some will, but I have feeling when it comes to things like pcie spread spectrum + rfi spread spectrum and ICC watchdog timer things, this is available in all motherboards because it is basic function of intel chipsets and cpu... also RFI spread spectrum setting I read is required by law in countries like USA to be enabled, for some compliance reasons with EMI emissions etc... so I think these spectrum settings + icc watchdog settings are supported by all intel chipsets/cpus as it probably is necessary functions,

just my theories... now is up to you to test different combinations of RFI/PCIE spread spectrum settings + also maybe this icc watchdog/spread % setting to see if it really helps your problems u know?

I would test myself but because I have no problems for last ~6 days with EMI and mouse feels great for me right now, I can not see if it will work or not right now...
Well it works to change settings like DRAM-FREQ from Windows and import the new value, its changed when I'm in the BIOS, so still I don't know if its working or not with the hidden settings. But changes are made at least?