Electricity input lag fix !

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
alexander1986

Re: Electricity input lag fix !

Post by alexander1986 » 26 Apr 2021, 05:54

Rallaz wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 05:26
alexander1986 wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 04:39
Rallaz wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 04:21
alexander1986 wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 02:49

I am not expert but I can say one thing, SCEWIN is legit tool, its made by AMI the guys who make the BIOS in many motherboards today, but then its up to the manufacturer of motherboard like Asus, MSI, etc to add/remove/hide/unhide features in BIOS from the end-users.

official documentation on SCEWIN and the export/import function here from INTEL version of the utility:

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/29468/ ... _Guide.pdf

if you compare that documentation to the import.bat / export.bat you will see its legit, and it does work to reflash from windows since it has possibility to update the NVRAM/UEFI (BIOS) from windows,

however, I think still some features and BIOS settings can be flagged as unchangeable / hardlocked so you wont be able to change with SCEWIN import.bat, and in that case is where you need some modified and unlocked bios like on the other forums where I saw your post also (winraid etc)

But, in your case , you have asus rog maximus motherboard, this motherboard has BIOS USB recovery function right? so you can recover with original bios file from USB even without booting to USB? just put in the special BIOS usb port and start recovery? if you read your motherboard manual I think there should be function like this, in other words you should not have anything to lose by testing?

of course, everything on your own risk, but im pretty sure rog maximus boards have BIOS recovery function like I am talking about in situations where power failure happens during flashing or corrupt bios file or whatever...

if you decide to run SCEWIN import.bat please update us with if it worked etc and if changes are actually saved after, because I think with SCEWIN you cant unlock/unhide menus in bios , but maybe u can atleast change the default hidden settings to new values, even if they will not show up in BIOS menu afterwards... (and then you could run export.bat after to check if your new settings are really saved/enabled etc)

I did what you told me to do, tried since my BIOS has a recovery feature.
I IMPORTED the settings I changed. Everything booted into BIOS fine and it booted into windows fine.
I could not find the settings being displayed in the BIOS anywhere.

I exported the settings once again using SCEWIN_64 and it had changed every setting I actually changed from the settings when I used IMPORT.bat.

So I guess the settings are changed? But do they have any affect or do they not exist on my motherboard?

Nice that SCEWIN works for import, very good info to know !

Is hard for me to say 100% if it has any real effect or not, only you can tell I guess by testing stuff to confirm?

(so far I did not test SCEWIN myself to import changes, only export, and also my EMI problem has been minimal / mouse feels perfect last ~6 days, and I noticed my neighbour is on vacation this time also, so I have now theory that maybe something my neigbhbour is using is causing perhaps EMI for me lol, when he is back and if problems come back for me, I will test these rfi/pcie spread spectrum + ICC spread% settings to see if it actually make any difference for me)

but for example, if you make same import/export process again but with some other setting, some "normal" feature that is not hidden like maybe set ram speed to 3000 mhz instead of for example 3200 mhz (or whatever you currently use) and then you can see if it really does change ram speed etc?

for example I use 3600mhz normally on my ram :

but if I wanted to test if my export changes are really saved, I could put * on 3000mhz instead (just example) and export + import then see if ram speed actually change to 3000 mhz from 3600 mhz, etc etc.

I think a lot of features in motherboard is available and can be changed, but manufacturers decide for different reasons to hide/unhide some menus, for example on non-WIFI motherboard there is no reason to put WIFI settings, etc, and for some cheap motherboards they hide some features, but on higher price motherboards they unhide features, etc...

also probably is easier to have a general bios file for all models and then they just hide/unhide features instead of creating 100 bios versions for 100 different motherboards etc u know? at least this is my theory..

maybe some settings will have no effect, maybe some will, but I have feeling when it comes to things like pcie spread spectrum + rfi spread spectrum and ICC watchdog timer things, this is available in all motherboards because it is basic function of intel chipsets and cpu... also RFI spread spectrum setting I read is required by law in countries like USA to be enabled, for some compliance reasons with EMI emissions etc... so I think these spectrum settings + icc watchdog settings are supported by all intel chipsets/cpus as it probably is necessary functions,

just my theories... now is up to you to test different combinations of RFI/PCIE spread spectrum settings + also maybe this icc watchdog/spread % setting to see if it really helps your problems u know?

I would test myself but because I have no problems for last ~6 days with EMI and mouse feels great for me right now, I can not see if it will work or not right now...
Well it works to change settings like DRAM-FREQ from Windows and import the new value, its changed when I'm in the BIOS, so still I don't know if its working or not with the hidden settings. But changes are made at least?

well, I would lean towards that the changes are made and it is likely that it actually works, now the only question is, does the changed settings actually affect your problem or not?

in this thread alone there is several users saying conflicting information, some say for them spread spectrum settings did difference, some say it did no difference at all, like chief says EMI issues is complex and difficult scenario with many different causes and symptoms,

for example chiefs posts here:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8532&start=20#p66399

and here:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8532&start=30#p66426

are good to keep in mind about how complex this issue is..

so it is possible it will work in some scenarios and give better EMI resistance with manipulating these values, while for others it maybe doesnt really change anything noticeable, probably depends on nature of the EMI problem and how heavy it is etc..

probably the only way to test is if you have a day when the issue is really bad and the mouse is super heavy/floaty or whatever the symptoms may be in your case, and then start manipulating these values and try different combinations of settings of the rfi/pcie spread spectrum and icc spread% setting? to see if some combination of settings actually does any change for you...

the guy that started this thread, at least swears it worked for him to improve a lot, not 100% fixed but he said its something like 70% good now compared to very bad before the changes, so IDK, is only really you who can tell I guess..

another thing u could test maybe would be, instead of changing unhidden setting like DRAM speed, try finding some setting that is hidden , maybe like the HPET setting *if* that is hidden in your bios by default, change it with SCEWIN, then export+import and see if you can confirm the HPET setting is enabled/disabled with some program that checks timer performance/settings etc,

like for example TimerBench: https://matthias.zronek.at/projects/timerbench

( dl link for program: https://www.overclockers.at/downloads/p ... %201.5.exe )

so for example if you have HPET hidden in bios by default at enabled value, you could try disable with SCEWIN exported settings, then import with SCEWIN and then use TimerBench to compare before/after result to see if the timer actually changes,

although maybe this is bad example to test because I know HPET can also be controlled from windows via bcdedit /set useplatformclock yes/no or true/false for example, am not 100% sure but I think you should see a difference in TimerBench just from enabling/disabling HPET in BIOS without touching windows bcdedit settings...

could also try to figure out some other setting that is hidden in your bios that u could confirm afterwards if it is actually changed or not after you import with SCEWIN, etc...

only you can tell I guess how your mouse and system feels when its bad/good and if these settings can affect it or not..

but please update here with results/info if you find something you really think has changed and works for you, or if there really is no difference for you with any combination of settings, I guess nobody here can tell you anyway exactly what your problem is or what the cause is, but like I always say if your hardware like pc+monitor works perfect at other place , if you can test at friend/family place and it works 100% perfect there all of the time, then its safe to say something at your place is making it work bad, and thats the best way to test this EMI stuff I think...

at least that is how I confirmed I have this problem since it started about ~3years ago for me after a power blackout in my area, my pc+monitor works flawless and feels amazing when I tested at my fathers place for example many times, and here at home have issues with input lag coming and going, even if I disconnect *everything* in my apartment from power except pc+monitor,

only problem now like I said for me to test this settings is the past ~6-7 days have been perfect while my neigbhbour is on vacation xD so I suspect he uses something that affects me as well, as we live next door to eachother wall-to-wall so maybe we are sharing powerline or some shit, IDK.

But try some experimenting ! and report results when you have time+energy to test all this stuff IMO

Rallaz

Post by Rallaz » 26 Apr 2021, 06:50

alexander1986 wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 05:54
Rallaz wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 05:26
alexander1986 wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 04:39
Rallaz wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 04:21

I did what you told me to do, tried since my BIOS has a recovery feature.
I IMPORTED the settings I changed. Everything booted into BIOS fine and it booted into windows fine.
I could not find the settings being displayed in the BIOS anywhere.

I exported the settings once again using SCEWIN_64 and it had changed every setting I actually changed from the settings when I used IMPORT.bat.

So I guess the settings are changed? But do they have any affect or do they not exist on my motherboard?

Nice that SCEWIN works for import, very good info to know !

Is hard for me to say 100% if it has any real effect or not, only you can tell I guess by testing stuff to confirm?

(so far I did not test SCEWIN myself to import changes, only export, and also my EMI problem has been minimal / mouse feels perfect last ~6 days, and I noticed my neighbour is on vacation this time also, so I have now theory that maybe something my neigbhbour is using is causing perhaps EMI for me lol, when he is back and if problems come back for me, I will test these rfi/pcie spread spectrum + ICC spread% settings to see if it actually make any difference for me)

but for example, if you make same import/export process again but with some other setting, some "normal" feature that is not hidden like maybe set ram speed to 3000 mhz instead of for example 3200 mhz (or whatever you currently use) and then you can see if it really does change ram speed etc?

for example I use 3600mhz normally on my ram :

but if I wanted to test if my export changes are really saved, I could put * on 3000mhz instead (just example) and export + import then see if ram speed actually change to 3000 mhz from 3600 mhz, etc etc.

I think a lot of features in motherboard is available and can be changed, but manufacturers decide for different reasons to hide/unhide some menus, for example on non-WIFI motherboard there is no reason to put WIFI settings, etc, and for some cheap motherboards they hide some features, but on higher price motherboards they unhide features, etc...

also probably is easier to have a general bios file for all models and then they just hide/unhide features instead of creating 100 bios versions for 100 different motherboards etc u know? at least this is my theory..

maybe some settings will have no effect, maybe some will, but I have feeling when it comes to things like pcie spread spectrum + rfi spread spectrum and ICC watchdog timer things, this is available in all motherboards because it is basic function of intel chipsets and cpu... also RFI spread spectrum setting I read is required by law in countries like USA to be enabled, for some compliance reasons with EMI emissions etc... so I think these spectrum settings + icc watchdog settings are supported by all intel chipsets/cpus as it probably is necessary functions,

just my theories... now is up to you to test different combinations of RFI/PCIE spread spectrum settings + also maybe this icc watchdog/spread % setting to see if it really helps your problems u know?

I would test myself but because I have no problems for last ~6 days with EMI and mouse feels great for me right now, I can not see if it will work or not right now...
Well it works to change settings like DRAM-FREQ from Windows and import the new value, its changed when I'm in the BIOS, so still I don't know if its working or not with the hidden settings. But changes are made at least?

well, I would lean towards that the changes are made and it is likely that it actually works, now the only question is, does the changed settings actually affect your problem or not?

in this thread alone there is several users saying conflicting information, some say for them spread spectrum settings did difference, some say it did no difference at all, like chief says EMI issues is complex and difficult scenario with many different causes and symptoms,

for example chiefs posts here:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8532&start=20#p66399

and here:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8532&start=30#p66426

are good to keep in mind about how complex this issue is..

so it is possible it will work in some scenarios and give better EMI resistance with manipulating these values, while for others it maybe doesnt really change anything noticeable, probably depends on nature of the EMI problem and how heavy it is etc..

probably the only way to test is if you have a day when the issue is really bad and the mouse is super heavy/floaty or whatever the symptoms may be in your case, and then start manipulating these values and try different combinations of settings of the rfi/pcie spread spectrum and icc spread% setting? to see if some combination of settings actually does any change for you...

the guy that started this thread, at least swears it worked for him to improve a lot, not 100% fixed but he said its something like 70% good now compared to very bad before the changes, so IDK, is only really you who can tell I guess..

another thing u could test maybe would be, instead of changing unhidden setting like DRAM speed, try finding some setting that is hidden , maybe like the HPET setting *if* that is hidden in your bios by default, change it with SCEWIN, then export+import and see if you can confirm the HPET setting is enabled/disabled with some program that checks timer performance/settings etc,

like for example TimerBench: https://matthias.zronek.at/projects/timerbench

( dl link for program: https://www.overclockers.at/downloads/p ... %201.5.exe )

so for example if you have HPET hidden in bios by default at enabled value, you could try disable with SCEWIN exported settings, then import with SCEWIN and then use TimerBench to compare before/after result to see if the timer actually changes,

although maybe this is bad example to test because I know HPET can also be controlled from windows via bcdedit /set useplatformclock yes/no or true/false for example, am not 100% sure but I think you should see a difference in TimerBench just from enabling/disabling HPET in BIOS without touching windows bcdedit settings...

could also try to figure out some other setting that is hidden in your bios that u could confirm afterwards if it is actually changed or not after you import with SCEWIN, etc...

only you can tell I guess how your mouse and system feels when its bad/good and if these settings can affect it or not..

but please update here with results/info if you find something you really think has changed and works for you, or if there really is no difference for you with any combination of settings, I guess nobody here can tell you anyway exactly what your problem is or what the cause is, but like I always say if your hardware like pc+monitor works perfect at other place , if you can test at friend/family place and it works 100% perfect there all of the time, then its safe to say something at your place is making it work bad, and thats the best way to test this EMI stuff I think...

at least that is how I confirmed I have this problem since it started about ~3years ago for me after a power blackout in my area, my pc+monitor works flawless and feels amazing when I tested at my fathers place for example many times, and here at home have issues with input lag coming and going, even if I disconnect *everything* in my apartment from power except pc+monitor,

only problem now like I said for me to test this settings is the past ~6-7 days have been perfect while my neigbhbour is on vacation xD so I suspect he uses something that affects me as well, as we live next door to eachother wall-to-wall so maybe we are sharing powerline or some shit, IDK.

But try some experimenting ! and report results when you have time+energy to test all this stuff IMO
I don't know if this is the actual problem but when I made everything default again from what "OP" Yonaxsangi told everyone to change

and only change this

Code: Select all

Setup Question	= PCIe Spread Spectrum Clocking
Token	=414	// Do NOT change this line
Offset	=9F3
Width	=01
BIOS Default	=[00]Enabled 
Options	=[00]Enabled	// Move "*" to the desired Option
         *[01]Disabled
to disabled instead of enabled, everything feels like it let me loose from the all the delays? :shock: :?

alexander1986

Post by alexander1986 » 26 Apr 2021, 06:56

Rallaz wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 06:50

I don't know if this is the actual problem but when I made everything default again from what "OP" Yonaxsangi told everyone to change

and only change this

Offset	=9F3
Width	=01
         *[01]Disabled
to disabled instead of enabled, everything feels like it let me loose from the all the delays? :shock: :?

hm! that is very very interesting info, so basically you have restored bios to default/as it was before you started making any changes, and *only* change now is pcie spread spectrum to disabled ? and default was enabled?

that is very interesting indeed, I would recommend if you can to really give it a good test, all day and different times of day/morning/night, just so u are sure it really helps u know ?

if this setting really did change for you, and it stays good during all times of day, then this is very interesting and useful information !

maybe will not help everyone like we already said, but very very interesting still and something good for me to know that I can test when/if my problems come back :mrgreen:

Rallaz

Post by Rallaz » 26 Apr 2021, 08:15

alexander1986 wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 06:56
Rallaz wrote:

and only change this

Offset	=9F3
Width	=01
         *[01]Disabled

hm! that is very very interesting info, so basically you have restored bios to default/as it was before you started making any changes, and *only* change now is pcie spread spectrum to disabled ? and default was enabled?

that is very interesting indeed, I would recommend if you can to really give it a good test, all day and different times of day/morning/night, just so u are sure it really helps u know ?

if this setting really did change for you, and it stays good during all times of day, then this is very interesting and useful information !

maybe will not help everyone like we already said, but very very interesting still and something good for me to know that I can test when/if my problems come back :mrgreen:
Yeah, thats correct all changes I'd done before reading this forum post but only changing what I mentioned there.

and its much better then before I feel like its almost as good as it is suppose to be. Only feels likes its these 5%-10% left.

I was really suprised but I will continue testing as you said! =]

alexander1986

Post by alexander1986 » 26 Apr 2021, 09:43

Rallaz wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 08:15
alexander1986 wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 06:56
Rallaz wrote:

and only change this

Offset	=9F3
Width	=01
         *[01]Disabled

Yeah, thats correct all changes I'd done before reading this forum post but only changing what I mentioned there.

and its much better then before I feel like its almost as good as it is suppose to be. Only feels likes its these 5%-10% left.

I was really suprised but I will continue testing as you said! =]

very interesting... I wonder if this means something like that the real important part of problem is the pci express/graphics card getting affected by EMI , more than the cpu or chipsets on motherboard that handles USB etc..

although may be different for different users and situations, but I will for sure test to only change this pcie spread spectrum setting to disabled and *no* other changes to begin with, when and if my problem comes back!

and please update how it feels for you after a full day or two of testing or even more, so u know it really really helped and u are not just lucky with the timing and that is just a "good state" of ur EMI problem right now and so on :d

also maybe when u have the time+energy, u could try like u said pcie spread spectrum disabled, but then with different combinations like + rfi spread spectrum at max 6% setting, or other % values there, and maybe also the icc spread % thing in combination with this pcie spread spectrum disabled!

can be annoying to test all this stuff, but if u can 100% fix ur problems permanently with this, is worth it I think :d

good luck anyway !

Wayzer

Post by Wayzer » 06 May 2021, 14:08

yonaxsangi wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 08:21
n1zoo wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 08:16
yonaxsangi wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 07:46
n1zoo wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 06:16
I have no clue how to import my BIOS into AMIBCP.. Could you enable those features for me please? I gonna PM you with my latest BIOS Link. I want to test it out.

Btw I have Spread Spectrum in my BIOS. Literally no effect when I'm enable it..
but this spread spectrum just enables it bro, when u edit your bios u can set the spread spectrum as high as possible so this is very good
Ok, so could you edit my bios? Im trying to make .rom file but sadly nothing works..
i will do it for u check pm after 30 min
Hey man. Could you edit my bios too? I would be so grateful brother

yonaxsangi

Post by yonaxsangi » 07 May 2021, 10:34

Wayzer wrote:
06 May 2021, 14:08
yonaxsangi wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 08:21
n1zoo wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 08:16
yonaxsangi wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 07:46

but this spread spectrum just enables it bro, when u edit your bios u can set the spread spectrum as high as possible so this is very good
Ok, so could you edit my bios? Im trying to make .rom file but sadly nothing works..
i will do it for u check pm after 30 min
Hey man. Could you edit my bios too? I would be so grateful brother
yes brother which bios u have

Wayzer

Post by Wayzer » 07 May 2021, 12:33

blackmagic wrote:
07 May 2021, 12:14
guys you dont need edit, flash bioses or to mod it for unlock and make this all options visible...

the scewin tool works and it does same but just all more simple.
with it you can export/import and then see and check that changes was made in bios.
that how you gonna know if this tool works for you bios or not...

a guy posted this tool here but it is not more available...
maybe someone has it and can share again ?

cause its very useful tool and many can try play around with it and all the hidden options...
Oh rly? Then it is a great news for me 'cause recently I almost brick my mobo by editing this stuff, although I did everything right. Is it difficult to use scewin tool tho?

Wayzer

Post by Wayzer » 08 May 2021, 07:11

blackmagic wrote:
07 May 2021, 12:40
Wayzer wrote:
07 May 2021, 12:33
blackmagic wrote:
07 May 2021, 12:14
guys you dont need edit, flash bioses or to mod it for unlock and make this all options visible...

the scewin tool works and it does same but just all more simple.
with it you can export/import and then see and check that changes was made in bios.
that how you gonna know if this tool works for you bios or not...

a guy posted this tool here but it is not more available...
maybe someone has it and can share again ?

cause its very useful tool and many can try play around with it and all the hidden options...
Oh rly? Then it is a great news for me 'cause recently I almost brick my mobo by editing this stuff, although I did everything right. Is it difficult to use scewin tool tho?
not rly difficult...

you just export per cmd and then you get all the bios settings as file.
open it with editor and move the * to the desired option you want.

example:
Setup Question = PCIe Spread Spectrum Clocking
Token =414 // Do NOT change this line
Offset =9F3
Width =01
BIOS Default =[00]Enabled
Options =[00]Enabled // Move "*" to the desired Option
*[01]Disabled

here it is set at disabled...

Options =*[00]Enabled // Move "*" to the desired Option
[01]Disabled

now you enabled it...

save in editor and then just type in cmd import.

done.
restart pc so this gets applied.

i think that the right tutorial and way but in case you can change the "BIOS Default =[00]Enabled" to "BIOS Default =[01]Disabled" or the other way around.

to make it sure.

i hope someone has this scewin tool to share because i dont have it more...
Yo, I found something. Is this it? Found on win-raid website
Attachments
f16t18p61322n2_osWaxiEy.rar
(3.08 MiB) Downloaded 154 times

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 08 May 2021, 21:15

Guys i have a bios feature called spread spectrum control in my b550, its set to auto, should i diSable it?