Strange input lag problems

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Wayzer

Strange input lag problems

Post by Wayzer » 25 Apr 2021, 19:37

Hey guys. I am having very strange input lag issues.

My monitor is - LG24GM77-B, 144 hz. Connected via DVI-D cable.

The deal is that I have an input lag, the mouse feels heavy, aim unconsistent (and so on, etc.). But recently, I noticed an extremely strange thing, the point is that when I unplug the monitor from the socket (or just power cable from the monitor) and then plug it back in (almost even at the same second, or after 10 minutes - it doesn't matter) - I have ABSOLUTELY no input lag by 15-30 seconds, the mouse feels light, like the sensitivity has been doubled, and I feel the mouse the way I SHOULD feel. And then, the input lag appears after 15-30 seconds, smoothly and imperceptibly. After a minute, the mouse already weighs like 2 kg or smthing idk.
I have tried changing the power wires and the input cable - no success.
What do you think could be the problem of this? What happens after 15-30 seconds after replugging? What should I try? Please help guys, I will be so grateful for any answer.

Blonekql

Re: Strange input lag problems

Post by Blonekql » 26 Apr 2021, 13:05

Welcome to family EMI problem or somethink like black magic ;s

Wayzer

Post by Wayzer » 27 Apr 2021, 12:48

alexander1986 wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 13:21
well, the classic method as always in this cases IMO is to test pc+monitor at other location when possible,

if the problem disappears there 100% and the mouse is normal and light+responsive as it should be, then you could pretty safely assume there is something affecting it at your home, either EMI from something inside your home or something outside your home...

troubleshooting it can be hard, but its good to always first confirm by testing at other location before proceeding..

if you can confirm that it indeed works as it should on other location(s) , then you could try reading both of these threads:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6498

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8532

many possible solutions / improvements available both with hardware like power filters, double conversion UPS, high grade power supplies, etc but also software stuff like bios settings/mods and spread spectrum settings that can, in some cases, improve EMI resistance and improve/fix the problem,

but again, u should first 100% confirm that the issue really doesnt happen at other places if possible, just my tip and good luck!
Yea, I tried my PC in friends house - there was some strange issue. I had like almost same issue in friends house. But I can't really say something confident. Should I try testing some new 240hz monitor?

Last bumped by Wayzer on 27 Apr 2021, 12:48.

alexander1986

Post by alexander1986 » 27 Apr 2021, 13:25

well, the classic method as always in this cases IMO is to test pc+monitor at other location when possible,

if the problem disappears there 100% and the mouse is normal and light+responsive as it should be, then you could pretty safely assume there is something affecting it at your home, either EMI from something inside your home or something outside your home...

troubleshooting it can be hard, but its good to always first confirm by testing at other location before proceeding..

if you can confirm that it indeed works as it should on other location(s) , then you could try reading both of these threads:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6498

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8532

many possible solutions / improvements available both with hardware like power filters, double conversion UPS, high grade power supplies, etc but also software stuff like bios settings/mods and spread spectrum settings that can, in some cases, improve EMI resistance and improve/fix the problem,

but again, u should first 100% confirm that the issue really doesnt happen at other places if possible, just my tip and good luck!