Csgo offline maps are way different than online gameplay

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Mugabi

Re: Csgo offline maps are way different than online gameplay

Post by Mugabi » 03 May 2021, 23:47

Tin1017 wrote:
03 May 2021, 21:00
My Valorant feels better when I turn coreboost off, turn off xmp, set pcie to gen3, all timings on auto, soc voltage 1.1( ive red it can be too high but it feels better for some reason), I also disabled cstates, precision boost overdrive. Now enemies dont prefire me like mad but it still feels weird because my mouse feel got abit worse but I rarely get flying enemies now.. still annoying and makes no sense how valorant can run better once I turn everhthing off and run my ram at 2800mhz. My specs are 5600X, 3060Ti, b550m mortar wifi and bad corsair ram lpx.
R u sure these fixes aren't placebo

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 04 May 2021, 00:41

Mugabi wrote:
03 May 2021, 23:46
MegaMelmek wrote:
03 May 2021, 16:44
Hello this helped me a lot hit reg is back and i don get prefired no delay. Can one tap again. What i did is new instal W10, instal all update for W10 then i delete in control panel/programs/program and functions/instaled update everything what is posible idk if w10 instal something back but dont worry it will. Can some one with same issue like me with crazy delay try this and confirm this?
Hope the road to the updates is translate well and you can find it.
What programs have u disabled
I do no disable any program simply delete some windows update. There is no options to delete them all but you can delete some of them. I need somebody with CS GO wierd delay and bad hit reg to try this. There is no impact on system. I dont do any registry or other stuf bit it make sense why in fresh instal of W10 is CS go work but after update its everthing bad. I hope when i came today home it will continue to work as it was in evening. It worth to try for everyone with new PC build and new W10 instalations. PLS let me know if it works for you.

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 04 May 2021, 00:47

Tin1017 wrote:
My Valorant feels better when I turn coreboost off, turn off xmp, set pcie to gen3, all timings on auto, soc voltage 1.1( ive red it can be too high but it feels better for some reason), I also disabled cstates, precision boost overdrive. Now enemies dont prefire me like mad but it still feels weird because my mouse feel got abit worse but I rarely get flying enemies now.. still annoying and makes no sense how valorant can run better once I turn everhthing off and run my ram at 2800mhz. My specs are 5600X, 3060Ti, b550m mortar wifi and bad corsair ram lpx.
I am pretty sure this is placebo mate. Before i have same PC build like you there is no reason to choke you new PC like that

elliott

Post by elliott » 04 May 2021, 12:01

Tin1017 wrote:
Interesting, I definitely found a noticeable difference with disabling cstates, and I’m in a happy spot now. Perhaps you really only need that and the rest of this stuff may just be hurting you.

I just want to add a small input lag anecdote. I often messed with BIOS and Windows settings, turning all sorts of stuff off and trying to find the optimal settings to give me an edge.

Almost everything I changed made some difference in “mouse feel” and I would often be ecstatic that it felt “so much better” and this was the missing step. I got pretty disciplined about actually isolating changes and testing them over more than a few days.

Almost all of them had a big negative impact.

I wanted to add this because my experience was often like what people are describing in this thread - feeling like I was 0.5 seconds behind my opponents and had to hide to kill anyone.

The actual fix was to keep everything near default. Don’t touch HPET or other timer settings. Only disable cstates and other low power stuff but don’t overdo your BIOS settings.

Finding a minimal set of good changes was really hard, but I’m never anxious about it anymore. I’m lucky to not deal with EMI issues and my advice might not magically fix your issues. But, do beware that some settings and advice out there might make things worse.

Even if you think something is a “better” setting. Isolate only that setting and test for a few days. You might be consistently configuring something “correctly” but just repeatedly reproducing your issues on different PCs.

Slender

Post by Slender » 04 May 2021, 12:30

do not disable hpet in bios if u not want to be a pro :)

pox02

Post by pox02 » 04 May 2021, 13:19

Slender wrote:
04 May 2021, 12:30
u wrong :)

as u can see more game timer calls with hpet off

monitors xg258q aw2518hf 27GK750F-B pg248q xg240r lg w2363d-pf xb270hu XL2546 XL2546K NXG252R

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 05 May 2021, 18:57

pox02 wrote:
04 May 2021, 13:19
Slender wrote:
04 May 2021, 12:30

You may have better fps performance with HPET OFF, but your hitreg gonna be completely off. It's same with all FPS shooters, tested many times.

Slender

Post by Slender » 06 May 2021, 21:14

pox02 wrote:
I dont care about this graphs, I trust my feelings and I clearly feel that hpet off bios gives me more responsiveness. What's the use of these graphs to me?
n1zoo wrote:
05 May 2021, 18:57
You may have better fps performance with HPET OFF, but your hitreg gonna be completely off. It's same with all FPS shooters, tested many times.
How can a timer affect hitreg? the fact that you do not "flies" on the off hpet does not mean anything yet.

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 07 May 2021, 06:24

Slender wrote:
06 May 2021, 21:14
pox02 wrote:
I dont care about this graphs, I trust my feelings and I clearly feel that hpet off bios gives me more responsiveness. What's the use of these graphs to me?
n1zoo wrote:
05 May 2021, 18:57
How can a timer affect hitreg? the fact that you do not "flies" on the off hpet does not mean anything yet.
I'm not gonna mess into the argue with max 1600elo player who believes that different usb ports can fix his lag problems. Keep grinding on hpet off, sensei.

Slender

Post by Slender » 07 May 2021, 15:18

n1zoo wrote:
07 May 2021, 06:24
I'm not gonna mess into the argue with max 1600elo player who believes that different usb ports can fix his lag problems. Keep grinding on hpet off, sensei.
You were wrong, I have 2500.
but still you didn't answer my question. I also don’t understand why there are usb ports, are you delusional?