Nvidia Reflex in Control Panel or ingame or both?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
iXActiveXi

Nvidia Reflex in Control Panel or ingame or both?

Post by iXActiveXi » 28 Apr 2021, 21:34

Hey guys, so my question is if the low latency option in the nvcp is the same as nvidia reflex in games like fortnite, warzone or Rainbow six siege? My other question is if i should use both at the same time or only one and which is better?
i currently use this
G-sync: On
V-sync: On
low latency in NVCP: On
low latency ingame: on+ boost
fps limiter: to a value my pc can always maintain and inside the variable refresh rate of my monitor.

i need some answers big time because i didnt find anything about this anywhere on the Internet.

TTT

Re: Nvidia Reflex in Control Panel or ingame or both?

Post by TTT » 29 Apr 2021, 13:26

Its not the same.

Nvidia reflex is better and having it on will override the NCP low latency mode anyway. So you can just turn low latency mode off.

Having the +boost is just the same as having your NCP settings to run max performance, its fine to leave on but if you already had max performance on its just the same.

Nvidia Reflex and low latency mode is only working when you are maxing out your GPU though.

So if you want to keep capping your fps to a constant number which then will not max your GPU then turn it all off, if your pc can handle you capping -3 of your max refresh, you are better getting the most performance from your system and put reflex on.

But... Having Reflex and Gsync+Vsync on it will auto cap a lot lower than -3 so you need to run with Vsync off.

iXActiveXi

Re: Nvidia Reflex in Control Panel or ingame or both?

Post by iXActiveXi » 18 May 2021, 10:56

thanks for your reply. so im a little bit confused now. should i go with this:
v-sync: off
fps limiter: -3 below my monitors refresh rate
Reflex: on
or

V-sync: On
Fps limiter: 3- below my monitors refresh rate
reflex: off

which one is better if i want to get the lowest and consistent Input lag?

i should add that my pc can always maintain the fps 3- below my monitors refresh rate.