I feel input lag but when I shutdown pc it feels better

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
ayeTop

I feel input lag but when I shutdown pc it feels better

Post by ayeTop » 08 May 2021, 03:58

When I shutdown my pc it feels smoother but after time it feels like there is inputlag building up

1080ti, i7-9700k, 16g ram, ssd 500g.
Not sure if its monitor input lag or mouse or something else. But when i shut down pc and start it back up. Everything feels smoother

TN_fun

Re: I feel input lag but when I shutdown pc it feels better

Post by TN_fun » 08 May 2021, 05:48

Ha ha, welcome. Tipical input lag simptome(bad/dirty electricity or high emi/rfi)

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 08 May 2021, 05:49

ayeTop wrote:
08 May 2021, 03:58
When I shutdown my pc it feels smoother but after time it feels like there is inputlag building up

1080ti, i7-9700k, 16g ram, ssd 500g.
Not sure if its monitor input lag or mouse or something else. But when i shut down pc and start it back up. Everything feels smoother
yeah now try this:

unplug monitor from power cord and push start button for 30secs for discharge power in monitor and then plug power cord and try. if you have UPS online you can try do the same but after discharge power from monitor plug it to ups on battery

ashrr

Post by ashrr » 08 May 2021, 12:24

TN_fun wrote:
08 May 2021, 05:48
Ha ha, welcome. Tipical input lag simptome(bad/dirty electricity or high emi/rfi)
I'm not saying these things can't cause issues but is there any evidence of it? We have tools like LDAT, monitors with reflex latency analyzer, and high speed cameras so it sure be easy to measure this problem. I see people in that other thread buying like $1000 power filters or whatever but nobody has the money for a 360hz monitor or high speed camera?

delve

Post by delve » 08 May 2021, 12:31

ashrr wrote:
08 May 2021, 12:24
TN_fun wrote:
I'm not saying these things can't cause issues but is there any evidence of it? We have tools like LDAT, monitors with reflex latency analyzer, and high speed cameras so it sure be easy to measure this problem. I see people in that other thread buying like $1000 power filters or whatever but nobody has the money for a 360hz monitor or high speed camera?
didn't you fix your problem with chemicals ground? What numbers do you get when you measure input lag?

ashrr

Post by ashrr » 08 May 2021, 14:17

delve wrote:
08 May 2021, 12:31
ashrr wrote:
08 May 2021, 12:24
TN_fun wrote:
didn't you fix your problem with chemicals ground? What numbers do you get when you measure input lag?
Not me, probably someone else with a similar username.

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 08 May 2021, 15:09

blackmagic wrote:
08 May 2021, 06:19
TN_fun wrote:
yes its crazy...

to say that this simptome has something to do with psycological is very unlikely...

there so many cases and experiences on this all and that from different people around the world...the experiences are so similar that i still find post and sometimes think that i could write 1:1 post and describe 1:1 same feelings on the bullshit happens here too.

i dont even believe more and doubt that this all has something to do with electricity or high emi rfi...that so crazy all.

like wtf...we all cursed with this ? so many with bad electricity ?

but its interesting that dont many give attention to this all cases in gaming industry and many just call it "placebo". very funny trolling from the developers...its way to easy to call it just "placebo" and then act like there no problem at all with this.

i can swear here that it is NEVER a placebo or some health issue. i would give away my right and left arm for that and feets, eyes included...
that just my opinion on that all.

lets see in future and i hope there will be guys who gonna seriously investigate and show real interest to all this weird "placebos" around the world.

we need guys that can replicate this all from 0 to full placebo and show details how it happen and what is get affecting inside pc that causes this bad changes in games and on peripherals.
there probably engineers out there and smart people that can fix this all and that without the need of buy 1000$ usp psp usb online...

i think one day there gonna be this guys who manage this and release everyone from this bullshit and enlighten everything.
and then even the unbelievers gonna start believe in all this "placebos" and there eyes gets opened...
its only a matter of time until it happen and then it gets more seriously with this all.
this all weird performance issues and bad changes in game mechanics cant be ignored forever by the gaming industry...
yeah, it was times when i thought its not electricity problem, but now i know for sure its electricity problem, after many bad decisions and ideas and after many years i can tell you its electricity problem for 100%, at least for me =/

Mr1991

Post by Mr1991 » 09 May 2021, 23:13

I’m not saying it’s not electricity, but have you weighed out other options, I noticed my computer felt the same, always felt best when I first turned it on, but then you have to realise you most likely have nothing opened, I always end up having discord open, google chrome, with music playing on youtube, and a desktop game I play, all these things, be it little, do slightly bog down cursor movement, even just having Steam open, also have you considered humidity on your mouse pad? My room usually slightly heats up the longer I play from my computer, making my mousepad & micro adjustments feel worse/slower

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 10 May 2021, 00:57

Mr1991 wrote:
09 May 2021, 23:13
I’m not saying it’s not electricity, but have you weighed out other options, I noticed my computer felt the same, always felt best when I first turned it on, but then you have to realise you most likely have nothing opened, I always end up having discord open, google chrome, with music playing on youtube, and a desktop game I play, all these things, be it little, do slightly bog down cursor movement, even just having Steam open, also have you considered humidity on your mouse pad? My room usually slightly heats up the longer I play from my computer, making my mousepad & micro adjustments feel worse/slower
this type of problems i solved 6 years ago =D

Mr1991

Post by Mr1991 » 10 May 2021, 04:40

f1ndus wrote:
10 May 2021, 00:57
Mr1991 wrote:
09 May 2021, 23:13
this type of problems i solved 6 years ago =D
Aimed at op