Inconsistent Input Lag and Sensitivity.

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
JonasFCB

Inconsistent Input Lag and Sensitivity.

Post by JonasFCB » 11 May 2021, 20:17

Im dealing with an inconsistency on my game sensitivity and input lag for a long time, dont know exactly how long, its happening especially in online games like CS GO, BF4 and Warzone, this made me think first of my internet being the guilty for this (because it is indeed a bad internet), but them I saw that this also happens on modes that are supposedly to be offline modes like BF4 Test Range and CS GO with bots, actually I dont really know if this modes uses some kind of internet conection to run, maybe someone here could know it and say.

I run these games with a 8700(non K) and 1060 6gb, also 16 gb of ram that its not in the QVL list of my motherboard but I dont think this to be the problem, the motherboard its a TUF H310m from asus, not a good one but I dont throttle anyway.

The stranger thing is that sometimes when I alt tab out of the game and them get back, the input delay its gone and the sensitivity feels very good for about 2/3 seconds, and them gets back to the heavy and high input lag, it also happens when I change something on game start menu ang get back in the game, very weird.

Ive already tried literaly everything like windows optimization, Bios settings, settings in game etc, nothing works, I've also tested my polling rate in mouse tester and its normal.

Ive read the posts here saying that input lag could be related to high EMI or even ground impedance something like that, but if this is the case the alt tabbing and game start menu change wouldnt happen righ ? and it would be bad every time.

I dont know what to do anymore, could it be my hardware, internet or maybe eletricity ? can anyone help ?
Thanks anyway :)

f1ndus

Re: Inconsistent Input Lag and Sensitivity.

Post by f1ndus » 12 May 2021, 03:50

hello bro, yeah you have typical symptoms of broken electricity in your home.
check for -

Loose Connections - in main circuit breaker, type of main circuit breaker, performance main circuit breaker.
- electricity in socket, check if its everything good and tightened.
Are you using home high power machines? electromotors or something like that.

are near your house some high voltage power lines, transformators or something like that?

JonasFCB

Post by JonasFCB » 12 May 2021, 10:46

f1ndus wrote:
12 May 2021, 03:50
check for -

Loose Connections - in main circuit breaker, type of main circuit breaker, performance main circuit breaker.

are near your house some high voltage power lines, transformators or something like that?
Hi thanks for the awnser,

I dont know how to check the main circuit breaker, but I can call an eletrician to see it, also I do know that my house have grounding, and my power supply cable its conected to the socket with the grounding pin, same for my 144hz monitor.

I dont really know if im using high power machines, does the fridge or maybe the washing machine count as that ?

Also im not close to any high voltage power line, but there is something, my house its high, like in a hilltop (dont know how to explain), does this leads to anything related to higher RFI/EMI ?

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 13 May 2021, 04:03

JonasFCB wrote:
12 May 2021, 10:46
f1ndus wrote:
12 May 2021, 03:50
check for -

Hi thanks for the awnser,

I dont know how to check the main circuit breaker, but I can call an eletrician to see it, also I do know that my house have grounding, and my power supply cable its conected to the socket with the grounding pin, same for my 144hz monitor.

I dont really know if im using high power machines, does the fridge or maybe the washing machine count as that ?

Also im not close to any high voltage power line, but there is something, my house its high, like in a hilltop (dont know how to explain), does this leads to anything related to higher RFI/EMI ?
i have the same problems like you for years, after years of troubleshooting now i still dont know what is causing it, i have double bad luck. I live in house where is very old and maybe faulty electricity, and near my house are high voltage power lines - maybe 10-15 meters. Still i dont know what is causing it, but when i tried shielding my PC, monitor and everything i didnt felt any improvement. But when i play with UPS and playing on battery and unpluging main apliance, breakers, i a everytime feel difference and improvement, thats why i think the main issue is electricity. We dont have so much hard appliances in house what can cause EMI or dirty electricity, but we have very old main circuit breaker, is there chance our braekers and stuff creating electric arc becouse of old or loose connectivity and this is causing our problems, i waiting for my electricity provider to change main breaker and everything around it and i will see..

JonasFCB

Post by JonasFCB » 15 May 2021, 00:28

f1ndus wrote:
13 May 2021, 04:03

i have the same problems like you for years, after years of troubleshooting now i still dont know what is causing it, i have double bad luck. I live in house where is very old and maybe faulty electricity, and near my house are high voltage power lines - maybe 10-15 meters. Still i dont know what is causing it, but when i tried shielding my PC, monitor and everything i didnt felt any improvement. But when i play with UPS and playing on battery and unpluging main apliance, breakers, i a everytime feel difference and improvement, thats why i think the main issue is electricity. We dont have so much hard appliances in house what can cause EMI or dirty electricity, but we have very old main circuit breaker, is there chance our braekers and stuff creating electric arc becouse of old or loose connectivity and this is causing our problems, i waiting for my electricity provider to change main breaker and everything around it and i will see..
Oh you told me to check the main circuit breaker, so I went to see it, and altought I dont know nothing about it and how to check for loose connections... something got my atention, the main circuit breaker on my house its literally less than 3 meters from my computer !! it is on my rooms wall, but on the oposite side, on the middle hall of the house, I dont know much about EMI sources and how it affects eletronics, but could this circuit breaker be emiting any kind of EMI ?? even through the wall ?? (its a masonry wall btw)

If so I will test my PC far from this circuit breaker, just need to make sure it can cause EMI because its a hole of a job getting my pc to another room since my monitor its on a piston monitor stand lol

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 15 May 2021, 02:24

can you make a photo of the main circuit breaker? , yes it can be source of EMF, but we dont know if its the main problem EMF, but you should go away from that

JonasFCB

Post by JonasFCB » 15 May 2021, 08:21

f1ndus wrote:
15 May 2021, 02:24
can you make a photo of the main circuit breaker? , yes it can be source of EMF, but we dont know if its the main problem EMF, but you should go away from that
Yes I made photos for you to see:

http://imgur.com/a/gI51rgn

Also what will be a safe distance for it, to minimize the effects of a possible EMF?

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 15 May 2021, 09:11

JonasFCB wrote:
15 May 2021, 08:21
f1ndus wrote:
15 May 2021, 02:24
Yes I made photos for you to see:

http://imgur.com/a/gI51rgn

Also what will be a safe distance for it, to minimize the effects of a possible EMF?
hard to say, there exist some meters for EMF how strong is it, but i can see on photo you have a metal shield front of this circuit breakers which is lowering a lot EMF