CS GO Input Lag

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
SKILLEN

Re: CS GO Input Lag

Post by SKILLEN » 13 Jan 2024, 16:13

randomguy331 wrote:
07 Jan 2024, 10:10
paddyhhh wrote:
07 Jan 2024, 09:34
randomguy331 wrote:
07 Jan 2024, 08:33
Sorry for bumping an old topic, but I'm not sure OP really has "Input lag" issues... I just can't believe that even after he changed his computer 7 times, his ISP, went to his friends etc...

He has 300+ comments on his Steam account claiming he is a cheater, not sure why.
I can't post his full Steam account URL, dunno why, it says I can't post images or url links external to this domaine but it's steamcommunity/profiles/76561198018996149)
+ a Global Elite player even made a video about him because he dropped 37 kills in a game in July 2023 in a GE lobby...
on YouTube : youtube/watch?v=Ke1HzJc1fcA
That's odd :D
1. Its not a GE lobby
2. Yes, 37 kills is nothing special for 4k elo against a average LEM? lobby
1. Yes you are right, it's not a full GE lobby, one GE, one Supreme, 2 LE and 1 LEM...
2. It doesn't change the fact that OP complains he can't play due to input lag (flick are impossible, getting killed by much lower elo players, etc), so dropping 37 kills doesn't correspond to a player with an input lag problem since 2018.

I just came back after 5 months free of cs. I bought cheap pc with i5 4th gen and 1030 ,just to kill some time in cs1.6
Again the same thing,mouse movement input lag online, 0 input lag offline.

About the comment above ,do you understand globals in csgo were 5-6 level in faceit ? I'm better than these guys even if i put my vertical sync to "on" and play only smgs.

And yes with this huge problem i was between 3000-4000 elo which in 2022-2023 is like 2000-3000 in 2017-2018,basically average player in my scale.
And i was above 3500 elo in top 100 solo Q back in 2017-2018.

Soo dont be so shocked,nothing strange.

joseph_from_pilsen

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 13 Jan 2024, 17:01

Its 2024. First thing good to see would be to see the issues in real time. Because im very curious.
There are 240fps recording cameras available today, every better iphone can do it too, what about making a recording by recording your gameplay with an iphone or an action camera behind you on a tripod?
Im personally thinking about buying a DJI Osmo Action 4 just for this purpose as side utilization (main: recording LANs and sightseeings with my scooter - i live in wonderful spa locality), and do a bit different recording than all the paltry streamers streaming their face and not their screen hiding their wallhax from others :lol:

I will do the same as soon as a cheap tripod comes from aliexpress as i rage broke my old one... Just to see and definitely decide who is suffering, who is just a noob with excuses, who has no issues aaaand who suffers from issues but thinks he has none and everything is "fine"...

SKILLEN

Post by SKILLEN » 13 Jan 2024, 18:46

joseph_from_pilsen wrote:
13 Jan 2024, 17:01
Its 2024. First thing good to see would be to see the issues in real time. Because im very curious.
There are 240fps recording cameras available today, every better iphone can do it too, what about making a recording by recording your gameplay with an iphone or an action camera behind you on a tripod?
Im personally thinking about buying a DJI Osmo Action 4 just for this purpose as side utilization (main: recording LANs and sightseeings with my scooter - i live in wonderful spa locality), and do a bit different recording than all the paltry streamers streaming their face and not their screen hiding their wallhax from others :lol:

I will do the same as soon as a cheap tripod comes from aliexpress as i rage broke my old one... Just to see and definitely decide who is suffering, who is just a noob with excuses, who has no issues aaaand who suffers from issues but thinks he has none and everything is "fine"...

I thought i need very expensive 1000fps camera for this test : D . I think my phone can record 480fps,but how to test ? Monitor and mouse should be visible and then how to measure ? I just dont understand how this works.

cursed-gamer

Post by cursed-gamer » 13 Jan 2024, 19:18

SKILLEN wrote:
13 Jan 2024, 18:46
joseph_from_pilsen wrote:
13 Jan 2024, 17:01

I thought i need very expensive 1000fps camera for this test : D . I think my phone can record 480fps,but how to test ? Monitor and mouse should be visible and then how to measure ? I just dont understand how this works.
For 1000 FPS camera each frame is made every 1 ms. For 480 FPS it's 2.08(3) ms. Analyze how many frames it takes from action to reaction and then you have your from click to display rensponse time.

joseph_from_pilsen

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 13 Jan 2024, 19:24

No measure needed, just record with 240fps and upload it to youtube as slow motion at 1/4 speed at 60fps (when replaying you and all other watchers will simply playback the video speeded up 4x to get back the 240hz 240fps original video - an easy trick how to get 240hz 240fps playback from 60fps limited uploads) Dont use 480hz as 1) most gamers dont have more than 240-360hz screens 2) the recording at more than 240fps is limited to some short time, so you wont make a longer record + i suppose your monitor runs around 240hz (i only hope you have something capable to run cs2 or csgo and not only 1.6 crap as cs 1.6 is 100fps max game and never runs smooth).
Iphones can record with 1080 at 240fps without limits (funny fact: the older ones are better than the newer models which suffer from terrible bugs when 240fps record is on), higher than 240 fps it is usually only possible to record short clips, no permanent recording.
You can make some clips in 480 or 960fps but i doubt you catch shots long enough to see anything obvious in such short time frame.

I can promise you if you manage to record us your gameplay in csgo/cs2 that i will share mine as soon as i get an equipment so players complaining here could see a recording with enough fps like if they visited all the blurbuster forum users physically and were looking over their shoulders how they play. Due to the fact that if you record mouse movement and keystrokes and monitor with high frequency recording, its also possible to make hard data based conclusions based on video analysis.
240fps recording is enough to compare results with a very acceptable margin of error and good resolution (same frequency of recording like the game runs). And without hogging CPU/GPU with recording + with clear seeing what the player sees, not what is rendered before displaying (disadvantage of OBS/shadowplay screen recording)

joseph_from_pilsen

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 13 Jan 2024, 19:45

cursed-gamer wrote:
13 Jan 2024, 19:18
For 1000 FPS camera each frame is made every 1 ms. For 480 FPS it's 2.08(3) ms. Analyze how many frames it takes from action to reaction and then you have your from click to display rensponse time.
Exactly, its only a pity that smartphones can record 960fps videos but they suck in saving the data so they are either limited by ridiculously short recordings (i point at you, samshitung with 960fps for a whole one second cough cough), or lower fps rate (but 240 at 1080p is still enough for our needs). AFAIK best phone brand for this usage (better said least sucking) was old Sony XPERIA but i didnt study it too deep. On the other hand, for one time measurement how fast your keyboard or mouse works, is the short second long 960fps phone made slowmo clip still usable. But its useless for desribing an issue "hey my game runs weird, and i cant say whether and why". Here must come at least 5 minutes long clip of playing with visible mouse movement, keyboard strokes, monitor and enough fps+details to see what happens (yes at 1080p@240fps it will still be a compromise but light years ahead from 30/60 "bandicams" without seeing anything).

dervu

Post by dervu » 14 Jan 2024, 05:53

First find a way to measure movement differences rather than just simple input to photon latency. Even with confirmed electricity issues I would not have increased click to photon latency. Measured with 1000fps camera and arduino.
As far as I know most people say things about lack of smoothness and weird game physics feel and sensitivity feeling different every time. Isn't simple input lag just constant for given fps and same scenario on both recordings?

Maybe someone like Chief Blur Buster could shine some light on how to measure differences in motion between two recordings, not to rely on feelings, when you already say to not rely on user feelings. Not like measuring latency between starting movement and stopping movement, but comparing frame by frame differences. Is it even possible?

Provided that there are ideal conditions and both recordings were done by simulating inputs using arduino, would each frame be the same? Of course there will be differences when performing actions like spraying, where it can be some randomness. In that case useful scenarios are limited to simple character movement, moving mouse and seeing some bot peek same way.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

SKILLEN

Post by SKILLEN » 14 Jan 2024, 06:08

I tried cs2 today and unfortunately with my pc i have 50-70fps 800x600 resolution (crt 160hz) ,so nothing i can do now ?

i5 3470
GT 1030
8gb ram

Not on topic, with locked 50fps cs1.6 have lower input lag than locked 50fps in cs2 on this PC,probably becaue its old.

dervu
Yes,in my case input lag is not constant all the time. But in offline its never there.

I was recording my gameplay online and offline with camera before ,but just montior to see the difference in skill and mouse movement.if someone had explained it to me how to test i would do it to prove there is lag. Now i dont think i will spend 2-3k$ for PC and monitor just to test without solution.

joseph_from_pilsen

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 14 Jan 2024, 08:24

Sadly, with this piece of garbo PC there is nothing to do.... Meanwhile im thinking about upgrading my Ryzen 7600 and 3060ti for something capable to run 480 or 540hz :oops:
I saw some (probably yours) video from csgo but it was in 30fps screen record and absolutelly unusable as the 30fps is barely watchable + missing observation at players input.

Future

Post by Future » 14 Jan 2024, 11:06

SKILLEN wrote:
14 Jan 2024, 06:08
I tried cs2 today and unfortunately with my pc i have 50-70fps 800x600 resolution (crt 160hz) ,so nothing i can do now ?

i5 3470
GT 1030
8gb ram

Not on topic, with locked 50fps cs1.6 have lower input lag than locked 50fps in cs2 on this PC,probably becaue its old.

dervu
Yes,in my case input lag is not constant all the time. But in offline its never there.

I was recording my gameplay online and offline with camera before ,but just montior to see the difference in skill and mouse movement.if someone had explained it to me how to test i would do it to prove there is lag. Now i dont think i will spend 2-3k$ for PC and monitor just to test without solution.
What are your rates in both CS2 and 1.6?
Which launch options are you using in both games if ofc you use any?
Do you have tick on Low video quality in CS 1.6?