CS GO Input Lag

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
SKILLEN

Re: CS GO Input Lag

Post by SKILLEN » 23 Mar 2023, 14:27

paddyhhh wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 11:21
Same problem. I think its internet.
Every night around 10-11pm pm it gets much better.
VPN helped me only few times. Problem does not change with power station/transformer.
Internet test results of obv. things like ping,loss etc. look the same at day and night. I dont know how to do advanced test.
Next step, wait one year until I can change ISP..

Internet is the last logical think left,because no problem in offline,but i tried 4-5-6isps +4g internet and its the same.I thought starlink is only 60$ montly without contract,but you have to buy hardware +600$ so i wont try it soon.

But in game menu, for example - i'm in game and press ESC mouse is perfect while changing settings or whatever ,when i press ESC again and return to game ,mouse is shit. But in dota2 mouse is the same in menu and in the game .

paddyhhh

Post by paddyhhh » 23 Mar 2023, 14:54

Only had 2 ISPs, but did not have it bad 20km away with 25k DSL (regional ISP)
I also do not understand how this can be Internet related, since the game,shots,mouse feel so much faster and light at night. My experience with 4g is even worse. Now I have VDSL250k with super vectoring, no bufferbloat, ping 10,No loss/choke.
I can start playing at 9pm flaming how shit cs is and after 1-2h suddenly in the game I think like wtf game completely changes.

Have you checked ways to further test internet with ping plotter or other tools?

SKILLEN

Post by SKILLEN » 23 Mar 2023, 15:18

paddyhhh wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 14:54
Only had 2 ISPs, but did not have it bad 20km away with 25k DSL (regional ISP)
I also do not understand how this can be Internet related, since the game,shots,mouse feel so much faster and light at night. My experience with 4g is even worse. Now I have VDSL250k with super vectoring, no bufferbloat, ping 10,No loss/choke.
I can start playing at 9pm flaming how shit cs is and after 1-2h suddenly in the game I think like wtf game completely changes.

Have you checked ways to further test internet with ping plotter or other tools?

No,never checked and all ISPs are from 1 city+2 of the isps control 80% of city .But there are pros from this city i think.. and for sure its impossible to be pro with this problem ,so i dont know what to say.

SKILLEN

Post by SKILLEN » 27 Mar 2023, 13:05

Bad english ,sorry.

Guys i understand that we dont know wtf is happening,but still i need to hear your thoughts.

Many of you ,if not all ,have been experienced lag free game (at night,solar,offgrid,played in different locations,played in friend house etc.)

Since 5 years i cant play normal online even for 1 minute,never.

Changing my mind 108348300 times between hardware,electricity,internet.

My thoughts -

1. Its not hardware problem ,because i tried 6-7 Pcs

2. Its not electricity or EMI ,because i tried these PCs (2 of them NEW) on different locations,gas generator,and most important i never have problems offline with all PCs and locations.

3.Only logical option left is the internet(because i dont have problems offline). But i changed 5-6-7 ISPs + fiber + mobile internet +cat8+wifi . And the worst thing,which i cant asnwer is - i think there are cs pros in my city ,and its impossible to be pro with this problem.

I think about starlink, its expensive,but if there is chance above 10% that internet is the problem, i think i shoud go for it ?

blackmagic

Post by blackmagic » 27 Mar 2023, 15:19

SKILLEN wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 13:05
Bad english ,sorry.

Guys i understand that we dont know wtf is happening,but still i need to hear your thoughts.

Many of you ,if not all ,have been experienced lag free game (at night,solar,offgrid,played in different locations,played in friend house etc.)

My thoughts -

2. Its not electricity or EMI ,because i tried these PCs (2 of them NEW) on different locations,gas generator,and most important i never have problems offline with all PCs and locations.

3.Only logical option left is the internet(because i dont have problems offline). But i changed 5-6-7 ISPs + fiber + mobile internet +cat8+wifi . And the worst thing,which i cant asnwer is - i think there are cs pros in my city ,and its impossible to be pro with this problem.

I think about starlink, its expensive,but if there is chance above 10% that internet is the problem, i think i shoud go for it ?

dude same here...same here...

every your word in gods ear and peoples mind...that still dont rly understand how huge and big all this problems are...and how many young people gonna get ruined by that...once they start to notice all this within the many wasted hours of there pro online gameplays and the good normal online gameplay feelings...

but i think im the guy who very close to the problem and the one who noticed the changes really bad here...in my location...where everything was playable and good and not so bad for some 1-2 years...

but one day the things changed hard...extremely hard and very noticeable...just in 1 week i drop rly hard in stats and every my online games and saw that something not more alright and going very very wrong...

then all the shitt began...all the changes...ups and downs...and after it stayed 24/7 full of bullshit random unexplainable shitt.

that why i registered on this forum and start to talk about all and search for help....

but sadly there is no help.

i read everything and in many languages about all this....many of experiences that talk about same and same...which are very similar and sounds similar....

and i come too the point that:

the issue must be LOCATION -> ISP -> NETWORK IN OUR AREA related.

nothing else comes in my mind more.

this are the people who really blame.

its not the game servers and not the ping differences and not the electricity bullshit....

its something else.

and it is very evil...that gonna cause much damage...:twisted:

SKILLEN

Post by SKILLEN » 27 Mar 2023, 15:39

blackmagic wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 15:19
SKILLEN wrote:
Bad english ,sorry.

My thoughts -

every your word in gods ear and peoples mind...that still dont rly understand how huge and big all this problems are...and how many young people gonna get ruined by that...once they start to notice all this within the many hours of there pro online gameplays and the good feelings...

but i think im the guy who very close to the problem and the one who noticed the changes really bad here...in my location...where everything was playable and good and not so bad for some 1-2 years...

but one day the things changed hard...extremely hard and very noticeable...just in 1 week i drop rly hard in stats and every my online games and saw that something not more alright and going very very wrong...

that why i registered on this forum and start to talk about all and search for help....

i read everything and in many languages about all this....many of experiences that talk about same and same...which are very similar and sounds similar....

this are the people who to really blame.

its not the servers and not the ping differences and not the electricity bullshit....

its something else.

Keep in mind many users here fix their problem by going off-grid or just playing from other location(like friend,work) so obviously me and you have a different problem than theirs. In our case should be something with the internet i cant think about other reason.

blackmagic

Post by blackmagic » 27 Mar 2023, 23:19

SKILLEN wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 15:39
blackmagic wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 15:19
SKILLEN wrote:
Bad english ,sorry.

My thoughts -

every your word in gods ear and peoples mind...that still dont rly understand how huge and big all this problems are...and how many young people gonna get ruined by that...once they start to notice all this within the many hours of there pro online gameplays and the good feelings...

this are the people who to really blame.

its not the servers and not the ping differences and not the electricity bullshit....

its something else.

Keep in mind many users here fix their problem by going off-grid or just playing from other location(like friend,work) so obviously me and you have a different problem than theirs. In our case should be something with the internet i cant think about other reason.

the only pattern i see and noticed...
that many players in my matchmaking are having same bad state like me...

i come to the point...

that this shit matches us up with people who have it similar bad weird shiit or even worse...

in my past i had some nice good matches and played much with people and talk with them much on teamspeak...

i meet an guy from germany who played always bad and was most of the time bottom fragger in my team...
(he was almost at same age like me by his voice)

back then i dont understand how that possible and i start ask him about his system, internet provider...and whats wrong ?

guess what ?

he had eveything 3x better than me...overall much better system and more fps, better display, smaller ping, much better up/down internet speeds, better router model etc...

but for some reasons he could just not perform better and i noticed that all just by spectate him ingame...that he has some weird shittt and just struggles hard to aim and hit and peek and kill properly...like completely stuck in that disadvantage...

like some shitt that just dont allows him to do that all and says STOP GERMAN GUY!...this 3-5 kills are enough for you useless tryhard bot...stay now at bottom pls and let others do the carry work and have all the fun. sounds funny or ? but it is not...

and now today (year 2023) i know exactly how it feels to be that one german guy... :lol:

only because all this shitt hit me one day too and i started to notice it very hard (like 5-6 years ago) and now today i am the bottom fragger most of the time and even worse tryhard and that in all online games here... =(

it feels like someone just decided one day to rly joke bad with you and are really evil with your logic and as human beings...

my online gaming suddenly and like from nowhere becomes horror of experience and my mind still cant explain what happened to it...why so unplayable ? why so much pain to my eyes and to my common sense ? why so hard and 90% of bad matches only with weird bullshit 24/7 moments ?

and the most worst on all this was...the moment to see and watch how all my ingame stats and achievements start to drop to bottom...in everything...

sadly i lost contact to him and cant talk more about all that with him...but would be very interesting to talk with him again. and just ask him what he thinks about all this and what changed for him in all that years and his online gaming experiences...

an true story.

SKILLEN

Post by SKILLEN » 11 Apr 2023, 09:25

Starlink didn't fix my issue.

loccomacco

Post by loccomacco » 12 Apr 2023, 02:52

SKILLEN wrote:
11 Apr 2023, 09:25
Another obvious thing, because when you see people are saying they tried different types of internet, it means this one will not change anything too, you just wasted your money, sad.
Btw you're just one of many evidences here that it's not internet related. Of course internet can mess things up but not in this particular purpose.
One known example:
Search Gunburten, watch his old videos when he was living in Australia, he had very high ping in those days, but he was still owning enemies.

SKILLEN

Post by SKILLEN » 12 Apr 2023, 07:02

loccomacco wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 02:52
SKILLEN wrote:
11 Apr 2023, 09:25
Another obvious thing, because when you see people are saying they tried different types of internet, it means this one will not change anything too, you just wasted your money, sad.
Btw you're just one of many evidences here that it's not internet related. Of course internet can mess things up but not in this particular purpose.
One known example:
Search Gunburten, watch his old videos when he was living in Australia, he had very high ping in those days, but he was still owning enemies.

I tried all types of internet no need to see others. I did it,because im desperate and need to try everything ,especially when i dont have problems offline,but you r right it seems its not the internet. I dont know what is it,but nothing left to try.