CS GO Input Lag

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
holiday

Re: CS GO Input Lag

Post by holiday » 09 Jun 2023, 15:01

joseph_from_pilsen wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 19:33
Did someone try to tweak client by sv_clockcorrection_msecs 0 instead of default 30ms?
I just did and it seems to help against low ping opponents but its a disaster against regular 50+ms laggers as they teleport even more and farther. On the other hand, with 0 correction it shows the game naked because thats what the game really is without buffers to smoothen. A clunky clumsy crap with huge buffering netcode to smoothen this crap causing huge peekers advantage by desyncing clients from each other.
Didn‘t try yet but sv stands for server commands so it should be only for server admins

joseph_from_pilsen

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 09 Jun 2023, 15:50

This sv is possible to change in client. As one of few ones only. Unfortunatelly, its only your side. Server side contains another 30ms (most servers have 30ms as a default value). So the peekers advantage still exists in some extent. I read many complaints about this thing from 2012-13 and... this thing still exists lol. And unfortunatelly, most servers will default 30ms even in cs2. So the cs2 netcode will be same crap like csgo and css, with absurd peekers advantage. Last fair play netcode was in... cs 1.6.

SKILLEN

Post by SKILLEN » 10 Jun 2023, 09:41

I tried this today ,didnt fix my specific problem with mouse lags so i wont test it more.Maybe i will after i fix my main problem.

KappaKaaNo

Post by KappaKaaNo » 10 Jun 2023, 21:23

Try this in regedit:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters

Make a new 32bit value called ''DisableTaskOffload'' 0 - then try the online

(i'm 3k elo and suffer from input delay/lag, i can't figure out to get 1 on 1 raw input on my log x pro i've got a very good pc and 240hz)

SKILLEN

Post by SKILLEN » 14 Jun 2023, 06:09

KappaKaaNo wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 21:23
Try this in regedit:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters

Make a new 32bit value called ''DisableTaskOffload'' 0 - then try the online

(i'm 3k elo and suffer from input delay/lag, i can't figure out to get 1 on 1 raw input on my log x pro i've got a very good pc and 240hz)

I tried this many times no fix : ( . And if i try this again should i bring to default all Network adapter settings like TCP offload and others.

Today 3rd ISP for my home (no fiber this time) same problem. What is happening why i cant play normal in online games...

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGJQgH9cR/ just watch some random matchmaking supreme girl what is doing. I can replay this round 10000 times and its impossible for me to repeat this kills and im 1 million times better ,how can i not be angry.

joseph_from_pilsen

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 20 Jun 2023, 13:23

my issues with mouse aim seem to be solved with W11 last update - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12157

The only remaining issue is unfair netcode where the game has too high discrepancy between client - server - client. I made some investigation and found out, that even with zero latency the "empty" diff is 60ms what is unbearable and inacceptable. 2x30ms by "sv_clockcorrection_msecs 30ms" set by server and client, and up to 200ms another peekers advantage by sv_maxunlag 0.2s I felt the game very favouring peekers and high pingers and its true, even with 138ms at humanbenchmark i cant win aim duel when peeked just by reacting faster because its physically impossible, the game has rigged parameters and the last fair netcode was in cs 1.6. I also looked for older topics and CS:Source was very unpopular due to his unfair netcode unlike 1.6 which announced all the lagcompensating (understand: laggers and peekers onesided advantage) sh..t which will prevail even in cs2. Looking to older 2012/2013 topics i found complaints about losing motivation to play as the game netcode simply awards aggro play... And they let it be in this state forever.
I thought its only sv_maxunlag which causes peekers advantage equal to the peekers ping but its not true, there is also the clockcorrection buffer on server which also adds another delay when sending information to other players causing even more desync to clients lagging behind server matrix so hard and behind peekers/high pingers matrix even harder.

KappaKaaNo

Post by KappaKaaNo » 21 Jun 2023, 03:21

Have you found some tweaks that somewhat work?

SKILLEN

Post by SKILLEN » 21 Jun 2023, 10:56

KappaKaaNo wrote:
21 Jun 2023, 03:21
Have you found some tweaks that somewhat work?

In these years i tried all tweaks i found on internet ,but i didnt test them for long time and didnt pay attention exactly which one improved my game somehow.I play 1 game I see the problem is there(i need 1 minute to realize that) and continue to next tweak,so its possible some tweaks to improve my game,but still its so bad that i dont care about tweaks.When i fix the main problem i will do all the tweaks again. Just for example yesterday i tried new windows 11 update and played 3 matchmaking games it was obvious for me that its better and i kill more,but still the main problem with mouse lag in heavy situation and especially when i interact with enemy is not fixed.

dougg0k

Post by dougg0k » 21 Jun 2023, 13:32

I have compiled these scripts, I no longer noticed any issues in MP games of any kind. After applying everything + doing what is in the docs.

I did noticed plently before from input lag to bad hitreg.

https://github.com/dougg0k/gaming_os_tweaker

I cant recommend to apply everything because this compilation has a gaming focus, but still, It's a choice.

SKILLEN

Post by SKILLEN » 22 Jun 2023, 11:48

dougg0k wrote:
21 Jun 2023, 13:32
I have compiled these scripts, I no longer noticed any issues in MP games of any kind. After applying everything + doing what is in the docs.

I did noticed plently before from input lag to bad hitreg.

https://github.com/dougg0k/gaming_os_tweaker

I cant recommend to apply everything because this compilation has a gaming focus, but still, It's a choice.

Tried ,no fix. Overall good scripts probably will improve gameplay in already lag free scenarios.