CS GO Input Lag

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
SKILLEN

Re: CS GO Input Lag

Post by SKILLEN » 29 May 2023, 14:50

blackmagic wrote:
29 May 2023, 10:20
SKILLEN wrote:
29 May 2023, 08:57
Went to my village(200km from city) , local ISP same problem .

Im the most confused man on earth.

Okay if its not ISP what is happening .. why i have problems only online.

10 days ago i changed my internet in my home(in city) and i said it was better,yes it was it still is even my stats on faceit went up, but right after the isp change i played again for the 29329392 time with network adapter settings and tcp optimizer ,probably because of these settings something is better and not because ISP change. I played with these settings many times yes ,but i join the server i see problem is there i left and continue with different settings and windows reinstalls. I saw 4 of my previous pcs have I219 , but 2-3 of them doesnt ,and i have same problem with usb tethering mobile internet , starlink and Realtek RTL8188EU Wireless USB 2.0 adapter

this world is just fucked up and we are just the unlucky lucky that wake up and realize it all...

i tried xbox s series here and played some games online and it feels like shit...just same like my pc.

and i even had quest 2 but now i have pico 4 and played some online games that run on that headset and where no pc need...like contactors, ultimechs, hyperdash and some other...guess what happen ?

same shitt feeling and bad performance in all online games...i just feel and see some weird disadvantage against other players and hitreg was same bad like on my pc and in valorant as example...

and doesnt matter if from my home (right now at vodafone) internet where i have low stable ping like 20ms or mobile which is around 40 and 50ms...

i even tried another apartment with other provider (1und1) and same shit there with all the stuff i have and had...

this world fucked up hard.

and no bullshit tweaks gonna fix that.

edit: i compared my vr experience with others on youtube...and its all damn different and looks and works way better than what i have with exact same headset and model quest 2 and pico 4...

some guys just lucky but what causes this shit and why it happened to me all here on this place...i still dont know till today.

I know we are frustrated, but for sure there is explanation. Pros playing LAN tournaments,then playing faceit from hotel room, and this is happening in many countries and no one is complaining about input lag online vs offline ,while im struggling from behind to get kills its huge difference.

But you r talking about hitreg only or ? Because i have something like input lag ,mouse acceleration in certain situations.I dont think i have problems with hitreg.

blackmagic

Post by blackmagic » 29 May 2023, 15:45

SKILLEN wrote:
29 May 2023, 14:50
blackmagic wrote:
29 May 2023, 10:20
SKILLEN wrote:
29 May 2023, 08:57
Went to my village(200km from city) , local ISP same problem .

Im the most confused man on earth.

Okay if its not ISP what is happening .. why i have problems only online.

10 days ago i changed my internet in my home(in city) and i said it was better,yes it was it still is even my stats on faceit went up, but right after the isp change i played again for the 29329392 time with network adapter settings and tcp optimizer ,probably because of these settings something is better and not because ISP change. I played with these settings many times yes ,but i join the server i see problem is there i left and continue with different settings and windows reinstalls. I saw 4 of my previous pcs have I219 , but 2-3 of them doesnt ,and i have same problem with usb tethering mobile internet , starlink and Realtek RTL8188EU Wireless USB 2.0 adapter

this world is just fucked up and we are just the unlucky lucky that wake up and realize it all...

i tried xbox s series here and played some games online and it feels like shit...just same like my pc.

and i even had quest 2 but now i have pico 4 and played some online games that run on that headset and where no pc need...like contactors, ultimechs, hyperdash and some other...guess what happen ?

same shitt feeling and bad performance in all online games...i just feel and see some weird disadvantage against other players and hitreg was same bad like on my pc and in valorant as example...

and doesnt matter if from my home (right now at vodafone) internet where i have low stable ping like 20ms or mobile which is around 40 and 50ms...

i even tried another apartment with other provider (1und1) and same shit there with all the stuff i have and had...

this world fucked up hard.

and no bullshit tweaks gonna fix that.

edit: i compared my vr experience with others on youtube...and its all damn different and looks and works way better than what i have with exact same headset and model quest 2 and pico 4...

some guys just lucky but what causes this shit and why it happened to me all here on this place...i still dont know till today.

I know we are frustrated, but for sure there is explanation. Pros playing LAN tournaments,then playing faceit from hotel room, and this is happening in many countries and no one is complaining about input lag online vs offline ,while im struggling from behind to get kills its huge difference.

But you r talking about hitreg only or ? Because i have something like input lag ,mouse acceleration in certain situations.I dont think i have problems with hitreg.
i dont would call it hitreg problems either...its just feel crazy different sometimes to kill any player and like he eating all the bullets in the whole match haha.

it all feels more like desync that starts to kick in at some point and messes up with all what you doing ingame and your enemy suddenly becomes a pro player against you because of that shit...

that how i would describe the issue which i experience here and it is very crazy noticeable all and stays like this for many matches if i continue to play with that bullshit.

then i notice often shit like the game runs like slow and then the next match it start to runs some faster and like smoother...like some speed kicked in :lol:

its hard fucked up and total random and total mess when this shit kicks in and nope...there no drugs that i use. :lol:

all this shit i start to notice at my first pc but then at my second and then at my third one...

then i buy xbox and tried quest 2 and pico 4 and same changes happens there too and that all fucked my brain rly hard.

i cant even imagine what shit this is but its all real here and with low stable ping and good fps and good specs...

and i know 100% that such shit dont happened to me in old days and i feel always same and stable when run my hardware and devices and any app in that old days when everything was somehow normal...

all the bad changes happened during 1 or 2 weeks and since that its here always where im living and from.

winkli

Post by winkli » 30 May 2023, 01:05

SKILLEN wrote:
19 May 2023, 11:11
winkli wrote:
18 May 2023, 20:25
Try running your ram in slots 1-2, changing room and power board, also changing your router or cable that you may be running from it to something better.

You can also try setting your ram timings dictacted by the cas latency in this order (which ever is doable first)
1-2-2-4
1-1.5-1.5-3.5
1-1-1-3
1-1-1-2

For example I use 3000MHz CL12-24-24-48[TRAS] and this ensures that my hitreg is close to perfect on Valorant.
If you have a slower kit it may only be capable of say, 3000CL 16-32-32-64 etc
Hi, tried all of this many times ,and played on many different pcs on different locations(in same city), for sure its not hardware problem in my case .

Yesterday i changed(again) to local ISP 300mbps fiber no router,they told me they have own infrastructure and i decide to try ,its still the same problem,but its much better (still very bad..) , this pretty much confirms its the internet in my case. I dont know what to do... should i buy expensive external lan card ? I played on 10+ different pcs and the problem is the same so its probably not lan card . it's so annoying how everything is ok in the beginning of every round and few seconds later something is happening.
Drop your specs down here and I'll see what you're looking at

SKILLEN

Post by SKILLEN » 30 May 2023, 02:01

PC:

CPU 12400f
Motherboard B660 Asus prime-A D4
Cooler Noctua NH-u14S
GPU 1080ti
SSD Samsung 980
PSU Seasonic 650 gold modular
RAM A-data 16gb 2x8 3200mhz

blackmagic ,but do you have input lag or mouse accel on certain situations when you start to shoot or when action is happening somewhere .I want to check if we have the same problems because I'm not sure.

eyesight

Post by eyesight » 30 May 2023, 13:29

Well I fixed my problem with Input lag, Heavy mouse feeling etc finally.
For me it was slight astigmatism with my eyes which was enough that I lost focus, which resulted in all those symptoms I felt while gaming.

Got glasses, put the monitor way back like "ELIGE" for example.
Bro...I frag like a kid again, its insane. Its been like this for 2 weeks now and I frequent this forum often but just read so I thought Ill make
an account and share it. Maybe its helpful for someone.

Check your eyes guys and put the monitor further away.

Cheers.

btw I have over 12k hrs in cs 1.6, source and go combined :)
It feels good.

espresso

Post by espresso » 31 May 2023, 00:27

eyesight wrote:
30 May 2023, 13:29
For me it was slight astigmatism with my eyes which was enough that I lost focus, which resulted in all those symptoms I felt while gaming.

Bro...I frag like a kid again, its insane. Its been like this for 2 weeks now and I frequent this forum often but just read so I thought Ill make

Cheers.

It feels good.
1. of April is already way past bro.

SKILLEN

Post by SKILLEN » 31 May 2023, 04:14

eyesight wrote:

Cheers.

It feels good.
:D :D glad for you,but offline i dont need glasses apparently.

just another example about aiming offline vs online

offline : https://youtu.be/HH5iaMFDKLQ

online : https://youtu.be/AFFpybPIfL4

Its just amazing how big is the difference :cry:

SKILLEN

Post by SKILLEN » 06 Jun 2023, 08:05

Today i had good deal, 45$ for Asus XG C100C and this is the biggest improvement i ever had since i have this problem.Played 1.6 and cs go -huge improvement. But why is not fixed ? Same thing ,when i interact with enemies or when action is happening my mouse(and probably not only mouse,probably everything in my side is delayed) have input lag without fps drops.

joseph_from_pilsen

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 08 Jun 2023, 19:33

Did someone try to tweak client by sv_clockcorrection_msecs 0 instead of default 30ms?
I just did and it seems to help against low ping opponents but its a disaster against regular 50+ms laggers as they teleport even more and farther. On the other hand, with 0 correction it shows the game naked because thats what the game really is without buffers to smoothen. A clunky clumsy crap with huge buffering netcode to smoothen this crap causing huge peekers advantage by desyncing clients from each other.

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 08 Jun 2023, 21:41

eyesight wrote:

Cheers.

It feels good.
Lol man named his account eye sight to prove his point