CS GO Input Lag

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
SKILLEN

Re: CS GO Input Lag

Post by SKILLEN » 14 Jan 2024, 14:33

Future wrote:
14 Jan 2024, 11:06
SKILLEN wrote:
14 Jan 2024, 06:08
I tried cs2 today and unfortunately with my pc i have 50-70fps 800x600 resolution (crt 160hz) ,so nothing i can do now ?

i5 3470
GT 1030
8gb ram

Not on topic, with locked 50fps cs1.6 have lower input lag than locked 50fps in cs2 on this PC,probably becaue its old.

dervu
Yes,in my case input lag is not constant all the time. But in offline its never there.

I was recording my gameplay online and offline with camera before ,but just montior to see the difference in skill and mouse movement.if someone had explained it to me how to test i would do it to prove there is lag. Now i dont think i will spend 2-3k$ for PC and monitor just to test without solution.
What are your rates in both CS2 and 1.6?
Which launch options are you using in both games if ofc you use any?
Do you have tick on Low video quality in CS 1.6?

I always played with rate 100k , cl_updaterate 102 ,cl_cmdrate 105 ,but i tried many different values like 20,60 ,70,90,same with csgo,i cant play cs2 now because PC is not good. I tried Low video quality ,no fix.

joseph_from_pilsen
I heard and saw in some youtube videos that cs2 have higher fps on x3d processors.

ahead

Post by ahead » 15 Jan 2024, 05:00

CS2 no longer has the cl_updaterate and cl_cmdrate commands available in the console, but who cares?

SKILLEN

Post by SKILLEN » 07 Apr 2024, 09:59

Just to update, i bought used pc ,because in cs 1.6 with i5 3470 and 1030GT even with 100fps input lag was very bad.

Used pc specs ; 5600x ,1080 gtx , 32gb ram 3600mhz cl 16

Its better than the i5 3470 an 1030gt PC even if both run cs 1.6 with 100fps , i dont understand the logic.

Overall its the same again for 5 years now. This is for the both games > Perfect game in offline , in dm is worse than offline,but better than mm,casual , in mm and casual its so bad that i dont want to play. In freezetime mouse is okay ,but when something happen on the map or i engage with enemy input lag start ,fps doesnt matter.

SKILLEN

Post by SKILLEN » 11 Apr 2024, 07:00

If i record my 144hz CRT screen while playing on 150fps with iphone 240fps camera can we tell if there is a problem ?

randomguy331

Post by randomguy331 » 11 Apr 2024, 09:19

You can try, yes...

SKILLEN

Post by SKILLEN » 17 Apr 2024, 13:01

I tried to record,but camera is bad when recording slowmo 240fps + crt is flickering so much ,nothing can be seen.

I run pingplotter to a local cs 1.6 server where i have 1-4 ping and 0 loss/choke

but the pingplotter is showing this:
pingplotter.jpg
pingplotter.jpg (173.32 KiB) Viewed 811 times

This is cs2 server again 1 ping 0 loss/choke
Pingplotter2.jpg
Pingplotter2.jpg (186.01 KiB) Viewed 799 times

i dont undestand pingplotter,but there maybe a problem ?

I saw that if interval is below 2.5s there is loss,but if it is 2.5s there is no loss.

joseph_from_pilsen

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 21 Apr 2024, 14:46

Hi, i was not there for some time and now i will start with the pingplotter - you are pinging server and infrastructure generally which is not responding to icmp requests (ping) and is set to drop all ping requests after first few responses. But looking at the other hops, they dont seem to be the issue.
What i may consider as a bit alarming is your router, it has some ralink chipset and this brand chipsets are not usually the best and are known for weird behavior and issues... Not all of them but its an usual suspect.

Unfortunatelly i dont see any video, yes, crt is flickering, thats normal, just give us some youtube link (record it as slowmo and we will speed it up back to 240fps by replaying it at x4 speed).
For blurriness you need to know how to use a camera generally, you need to manually focus + manually set ISO and shutter speed to fit it to the recorded screen (and white ballance if automatic is bad but this wouldnt cause blurrines, only yellowiness). Also some cameras have minimum focus lenght too long, you need to keep camera above the minimum distance (and zoom in if its too far away).

Your issue with sharpness and blur is fully solvable, also disable optical stabilisation so it doesnt try to stabilize your movement in game (causing permanent zoom-ins and zoom-outs), even if i forgot to do this, i managed few weeks ago to get relatively usable recording at my low end mobile phone (look here at this example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So-iiTrGiVs - maybe not the best but definitely usable, i was recording to find out why i undershoot permanently - then i realized that im sitting too low so the crosshair seems to be higher than it is in POV, blatant issue solved easy by recording off screen :lol: ) so its definitely possible. the flickering of CRT doesnt matter so much, at frame to frame analysis the flickering is visible only at some frames, not at all of them. Now im gonna to do the same with my 240fps dji action 4 which is a bit more tricky due to much wider FOV and relatively long minimum focus distance (great for recording keystrokes and mouse clicks, not so great to analyze what happens at monitor). EDIT: DJI action 4 definitely doable, the most tricky thing is to control its too wide FOV, narrowest mode FHD can make it (this is only 60fps test to test sharpness and visibility) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BDGKXtbKzs Another choice is to set camera far far away with 15x macro LENS which will allow 4K recording but for a terrible price :lol: