useplatformtick and/or disabledynamictick on mouse input lag

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
pox02

Re: useplatformtick and/or disabledynamictick on mouse input lag

Post by pox02 » 09 Jan 2022, 20:04

hpet disable in bios so its return to RTC which is the best

monitors xg258q aw2518hf 27GK750F-B pg248q xg240r lg w2363d-pf xb270hu XL2546 XL2546K NXG252R

akylen

Post by akylen » 10 Jan 2022, 12:45

Mine when i activate hpet , i can't even do anything on windows , every thing lags

akylen

Post by akylen » 11 Jan 2022, 07:27

For me , the problem is that this is just no fun when i play , i shot more bullets , shot first, shot the guy in the back , i always end up dying , if you're wondering about my level , im global elite and level 10 on faceit, this is just unplayable , my shots didnt register , its like i have to spent 30+ bullets on warzone to remove the armor , and on the killcam of the guy , with the pistol he two shots me .

I dont know what is causing this , but this is not playable at all on all games .
Last edited by akylen on 13 Jan 2022, 20:08, edited 1 time in total.

kriegor

Post by kriegor » 13 Jan 2022, 18:31

akylen wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 07:27
when i play , i shot more bullets , shot first, shot the guy in the back , i always end up dying
I dont know what is causing this , but this is not playable at all on all games .
I'd say poor skill is causing this

akylen

Post by akylen » 13 Jan 2022, 18:40

kriegor wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 18:31
akylen wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 07:27
when i play , i shot more bullets , shot first, shot the guy in the back , i always end up dying
I'd say poor skill is causing this
I dont know what i can tell you , im faceit player lvl 10 on cs , global , immortal on valorant , been playing since day one warzone

kriegor

Post by kriegor » 13 Jan 2022, 18:43

akylen wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 18:40
I dont know what i can tell you , im faceit player lvl 10 on cs , global , immortal on valorant , been playing since day one warzone
I dont know what i can tell you , none of that matters if you have a mental blockage or an off day. Get out of the house sometimes.

akylen

Post by akylen » 13 Jan 2022, 19:24

kriegor wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 18:43
akylen wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 18:40
I dont know what i can tell you , none of that matters if you have a mental blockage or an off day. Get out of the house sometimes.
"Get out of the house sometimes" What are you even talking about , you dont know anything about me , just talking shit on a forum while its your first answer to the post , what is wrong with you ?

You're talking about mental blockage or an off day , if it was only happening one day , its all the time not a SINGLE day.

kriegor

Post by kriegor » 13 Jan 2022, 19:54

akylen wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 19:24
"Get out of the house sometimes" What are you even talking about , you dont know anything about me , just talking shit on a forum while its your first answer to the post , what is wrong with you ?
Why are you so mad over a simple suggestion? Maybe it just means I am right and you should leave the house after all. Get some d3.
akylen wrote:
You're talking about mental blockage or an off day , if it was only happening one day , its all the time not a SINGLE day.
Sounds like a mental blockage to me

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 14 Jan 2022, 15:02

kriegor wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 18:43
akylen wrote:

kriegor wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 19:54
Why are you so mad over a simple suggestion? Maybe it just means I am right and you should leave the house after all. Get some d3.
Just a reminder to read the forum rules. The last two quotes starts violating forum rules (to each other) -- but first original statement by kriegor about an off day is somewhat ambigious because there's no voice tone associated -- so it may have been interpretable as a friendly tip or something offensive (depending on worldwide culture as well as mood, or context, etc), but it quickly escalated from there.

Back to original topic -- pretend the last few post did not exist -- this isn't Twitter/Facebook.

Appreciated, and thank you!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

kriegor

Post by kriegor » 02 Mar 2022, 00:50

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 15:02
The last two quotes starts violating forum rules (to each other) -- but first original statement by kriegor about an off day is somewhat ambigious because there's no voice tone associated -- so it may have been interpretable as a friendly tip or something offensive
I appreciate this sentiment. Opinions should not be considered offensive.

Threads like these have become far too common over the years, with strikingly similar patterns.

A user may experience a downphase, a decline in performance which may really have any reason you can think of, but most commonly: fading motivation, poor mindset, ageing, declining health, etc etc.
He then starts digging online and finds loose threads of people ambigously talking about input lag and fixing said input lag, usually with a lot of hear-say, placebo, misconception and "I want to believe in it therefore it is true" mixed in.
"Oh wow", he thinks to himself, "may this be what held me back all along? I think yes. This is it. After all, there is 2 users here who say this made their game feel a lot better, so it must be true."
So he then thinks he found his magic solution to all his problems and, after applying whatever tweak or fix he found, suddenly finds his skill "reignited". "Oh wow, this feels so good. This stuff is the real deal!" - confirmation bias at it's finest.

Of course, subconsciously, he knows he may be wrong. He then proceeds to let everyone else know with a forum thread about how doing this one thing magically fixed all his problems and turned him into a god. Secretly, he hopes that more people will apply the same "fix" he applied and come up with the same conclusion: "Wow, this really did something!" to reaffirm his beliefs.
He need to convince others to convince himself.
Otherwise, his newfound reality may shatter once more and he may realize that the problem was in his head all along. Should this happen, he may experience either mental rebirth or stagnation and decline once more.

Long story short, the human mind is an astonishingly powerful tool.
Much more powerful than changing things in your registry will ever be.