Enemy can shoot me while i cant see him (CSGO)

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Simon95

Enemy can shoot me while i cant see him (CSGO)

Post by Simon95 » 24 May 2021, 05:46

I always have some games in CSGO where i have the feeling that i die way to fast. I got no time to react because i already have a few bullets when i see the enemy. It feels like a desync, like i play with 200 ping while i have 40. I attach a screenshot with one of the scenes.
Attachments
desync.png
desync.png (4.81 MiB) Viewed 8154 times

Unixko

Re: Enemy can shoot me while i cant see him (CSGO)

Post by Unixko » 24 May 2021, 06:16

Simon95 wrote:
24 May 2021, 05:46
I always have some games in CSGO where i have the feeling that i die way to fast. I got no time to react because i already have a few bullets when i see the enemy. It feels like a desync, like i play with 200 ping while i have 40. I attach a screenshot with one of the scenes.

davidoo

Post by davidoo » 24 May 2021, 06:33

This has nothing to do with input lag. This is "right peak" advantage in csgo. Unfortunately this is the way csgo is.

Simon95

Post by Simon95 » 24 May 2021, 06:38

davidoo wrote:
24 May 2021, 06:33
This has nothing to do with input lag. This is "right peak" advantage in csgo. Unfortunately this is the way csgo is.
Yeah but the enemie would still be more visible. I never said that this is about input lag. The Problem must be in the synchronisation of client and server.

mello

Post by mello » 24 May 2021, 08:40

Simon95 wrote:
24 May 2021, 06:38
Yeah but the enemies would still be more visible. I never said that this is about input lag. The Problem must be in the synchronisation of client and server.
This has nothing to do with peekers advantage but is determined solely by players internet connection performance and UDP packet flow / packet processing. Some players simply have a connection good enough which essentially allows them to see other players sooner. This translates into having much more time to move, strafe, jump or to shoot once you see the enemy. This is packet loss, so a bad connection causes simulation accuracy issues and you are simply not participating in a game in a real time fashion. This issue most likely didn't existed in the early days (~2000 and before) but progressively started getting worse with more and more people having internet access at their homes worldwide. Not everyone is affected by this, but certain players gain an extreme advantage over majority of players in online FPS shooters thanks to that.

The most extreme examples of this i see in Apex Legends while watching many popular Twitch streamers, including the supposed "gods" / pro players / elite players. Some of these players have way too much time to shoot at the enemies (before you can see enemy reacting) and this is blatantly clear when watching their streams. It has nothing to do with skill or reflex, but with the advantage of seeing enemies faster then they can see you. And you know what happens when barely anyone is able to shoot at you in a timely fashion in FPS games ? You destroy the entire server and appear to be an elite player to others. But movement, situation awareness, aiming skills doesn't lie. Anyone can appear to be much better than he actually is when no is shooting at them. Many newbies, average but also good players are being lifted in game results & achievements thanks to this bizarre advantage. Also, none of the people who are playing on a pro level have these issues either. It is simply impossible to reach elite / pro status (in any FPS game) with bad connection which causes the significant delay in seeing other players while also introducing hit registration issues etc.

Simon95

Post by Simon95 » 24 May 2021, 11:00

I have not the best internet but atleast 30MBIT. Is it possible that the length of the copper line influences this behaviour? I live in a rural area and the distance between my house and the next Internet distributor is 980m. So nearly 1 km copper cable.

BTRY B 529th FA BN

Post by BTRY B 529th FA BN » 24 May 2021, 12:49

What does the replay look like? I think there's a 5 second limit before you can activate the replay then it's gone. Play that and see what your animated character looks like.

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 24 May 2021, 14:03

No one knows what causes this, and this is not internet. Don't read that crap above.

Simon95

Post by Simon95 » 24 May 2021, 18:12

BTRY B 529th FA BN wrote:
24 May 2021, 12:49
What does the replay look like? I think there's a 5 second limit before you can activate the replay then it's gone. Play that and see what your animated character looks like.
The video was made with background Recording (Saved Last 3min)

Bobo

Post by Bobo » 24 May 2021, 19:10

Don`t blame the internet, i have a gigabit connection, i intentionally play on low ping servers and this happens to me a lot, even though i have like 10-15 ping and the enemy has 60-80.