Every windows reinstall makes lag disappear in the first days

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Unreazz

Re: Every windows reinstall makes lag disappear in the first days

Post by Unreazz » 04 Jun 2021, 08:31

n1zoo wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 13:56
Unreazz wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 13:24
n1zoo wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 12:22
I have same thing. After OS Reinstall Pc super smooth, next day It's crap again. No idea tbh what's causing it
Are you on Windows 10 Pro ?
I'm on ReviOS 1709 right now. But It's doesn't matter, because on win 7, 8 and 10 same issue. First day everything ok, than everything becomes super bad.
Could you try to disconnect youre USB front panel from youre case to youre Motherboard and see if it made any diffrences ?

wadge

Post by wadge » 04 Jun 2021, 08:47

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 17:24
Mugabi wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 17:22
Interesting point regarding hardware temperature, i have 4 fans in my computer running full speed(using bios), two case fans, one cpu fan (noctua nh15s) and cpu stock fan (comes with cpu but weak) that i use for case fan as well, one of them is making noise. Is using all 4 fans at full speed constantly could cause some issues in pc after while?
I also fear that i installed the cpu cooler incorrectly in my cpu since it was my first pc build, I didn't install cooler on cpu at once after applying thermal paste, it took me 30 tries to successfully do it (first pc build and noctua coolers lol). I simply wish, i never built my pc in the beginning, i wish i made the shop i bought my pc from build it for me and also make them install windows for me.
Properly working high quality fans are no problem.
It's that 1 bad secretly-defective apple that ruins things for everybody.

Be noted -- it may not be temperature -- it may be item (A).

But it's possible for both item (A) and (B) to be simultaneously problems.

For me the issue is a little bit different, whether or not its a new install i randomly get good hit reg once i started the computer after few hours or days and the feeling of good hit reg is only during the first game.

So this led me to thing that maybe there is something throttling somewhere ? is it on the network side (isp) ? is it due to temps (there are fine)

Its pretty complex i have to admit but i have been noticing this for the past few years even when i was overseas with different setup/configuration/isp...

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 04 Jun 2021, 14:11

Unreazz wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 08:31
n1zoo wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 13:56
Unreazz wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 13:24
n1zoo wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 12:22
I have same thing. After OS Reinstall Pc super smooth, next day It's crap again. No idea tbh what's causing it
Are you on Windows 10 Pro ?
I'm on ReviOS 1709 right now. But It's doesn't matter, because on win 7, 8 and 10 same issue. First day everything ok, than everything becomes super bad.
Could you try to disconnect youre USB front panel from youre case to youre Motherboard and see if it made any diffrences ?
I did that many years ago. I was disconnected my front usb + front audio jack ports. No effect

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 04 Jun 2021, 21:32

wadge wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 08:47
Chief Blur Buster wrote:
Mugabi wrote:
Interesting point regarding hardware temperature, i have 4 fans in my computer running full speed(using bios), two case fans, one cpu fan (noctua nh15s) and cpu stock fan (comes with cpu but weak) that i use for case fan as well, one of them is making noise. Is using all 4 fans at full speed constantly could cause some issues in pc after while?
I also fear that i installed the cpu cooler incorrectly in my cpu since it was my first pc build, I didn't install cooler on cpu at once after applying thermal paste, it took me 30 tries to successfully do it (first pc build and noctua coolers lol). I simply wish, i never built my pc in the beginning, i wish i made the shop i bought my pc from build it for me and also make them install windows for me.

For me the issue is a little bit different, whether or not its a new install i randomly get good hit reg once i started the computer after few hours or days and the feeling of good hit reg is only during the first game.

So this led me to thing that maybe there is something throttling somewhere ? is it on the network side (isp) ? is it due to temps (there are fine)

Its pretty complex i have to admit but i have been noticing this for the past few years even when i was overseas with different setup/configuration/isp...
Im now using different partition for windows 10, the mouse control and hit reg is absolutely insane compared to my old used partition, this gona make me reinstall windows every 2-3 days i dont give a fuck, if i sense abit of heavy mouse feeling or input delay, im gona reinstall windows in the new windows partition i made. With that said, even after having it really smooth when it comes to input delay/mouse smoothness, i still suffer from lag in game, the enemy models stutter and die late when i kill, im gona record a video soon and show u guys what im facing, i believe its 100% isp issue because windows is smoother than a baby us,mouse input is fantastic. So i believe this lag in game issue has to do with two things, windows and isp, when u first reinstall and use, u will notice how the mouse control input delay is vastly improved compared tp before, but there will be still an issue with the network, i just wonder how much gaming would be so fun if i have top tier connection with no stutter/lag, it would be something magical

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 05 Jun 2021, 12:30

Mugabi wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 21:32
wadge wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 08:47
Chief Blur Buster wrote:
Mugabi wrote:

Im now using different partition for windows 10, the mouse control and hit reg is absolutely insane compared to my old used partition, this gona make me reinstall windows every 2-3 days i dont give a fuck, if i sense abit of heavy mouse feeling or input delay, im gona reinstall windows in the new windows partition i made. With that said, even after having it really smooth when it comes to input delay/mouse smoothness, i still suffer from lag in game, the enemy models stutter and die late when i kill, im gona record a video soon and show u guys what im facing, i believe its 100% isp issue because windows is smoother than a baby us,mouse input is fantastic. So i believe this lag in game issue has to do with two things, windows and isp, when u first reinstall and use, u will notice how the mouse control input delay is vastly improved compared tp before, but there will be still an issue with the network, i just wonder how much gaming would be so fun if i have top tier connection with no stutter/lag, it would be something magical
You reinstall windows 10 every 2-3 days on a new partition ? Why ? And how does that work ? Does that means that you have Windows multiplied installed on youre drives ?

howcani

Post by howcani » 02 May 2022, 13:27

I have the same thing actually I have alot of friends who have the same thing that first day and maybe second day csgo is incredibly smooth crazy hit reg and enemy says that i prefire them even im not just normall peek, this mystery will never be solved.

PiCKiN

Post by PiCKiN » 05 May 2022, 03:37

JDoe wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 13:57
Easy fix. Make a partition backup right after installation. Restore it the next day. No lag each day.
Does this actually work? lol

Slender

Post by Slender » 06 May 2022, 19:17

just install revios.
and use platformtick no with 0.5ms timer