Input lag is deceptive

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Mugabi

Input lag is deceptive

Post by Mugabi » 10 Jun 2021, 21:20

Since i started reinstalling windows every 3 days 2 weeks ago, i have noticed how easy it is to forget that you have more input lag as days go on. After a fresh windows reinstall i immediately notice keyboard+mouse keys react faster when i push them, my movement in game is faster and smoother but as days keep goin, the input lag and slowness keep building up, i don't notice the difference and i think its similar to after i reinstall but since i have a 3 day reinstall schedule, i reinstall anyways, and i notice how its much better compared to before reinstall. This is why im gona keep reinstalling windows every 3 days without giving a fuck from now on. Until i find a permanent proven solution.

deama

Re: Input lag is deceptive

Post by deama » 10 Jun 2021, 22:40

What if you do it every day? Might be easier to get into a pattern with that.

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 11 Jun 2021, 01:30

deama wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 22:40
What if you do it every day? Might be easier to get into a pattern with that.
Idk about full day tbh, it takes a good 20 minutes to setup the os, cuz i then go to group policy editor and disable features as well as do many windows settings, doing that everyday needs no lazyness and im a lazy ass bastard

Bobo

Post by Bobo » 11 Jun 2021, 08:39

how about, you reinstall windows, then after you`re done with all the drivers and stuff, you create a system image and use that every 3 days.

slaver01

Post by slaver01 » 11 Jun 2021, 10:17

You've tried Revi OS?

wadge

Post by wadge » 11 Jun 2021, 11:39

I'm curious to test Ntlite to strip windows 10 pro but you need a license in order to disable the drivers.

My goal would be to have a bare bone windows 10 without pre installed drivers, disable all telemetry, fully disable windows update and install just the required drivers for my specific hardware.

But this will need a lot of time to figure out what can be disable and what can't. But i'm sure like this the latency would be very minimal.

One think i noticed that (on my personnal setup) has a noticeable impact on input lag is gaming mode in windows parameters.

deama

Post by deama » 11 Jun 2021, 16:48

blackmagic wrote:
11 Jun 2021, 03:25
im too one of guys who reinstall windows many many times...

i know for sure and can tell that its not only windows install that makes difference.
you can even notice difference in input between the windows versions and games behave slightly better or worse with responsiveness...

its all fk up but that still not full fix for me.

reinstall windows dont works for me more or it works random...

in early days i prefed win7 much but today win10 just pushes it way and forces you to upgrade to it...
if you want every driver and directx12 games to work normal without headache...

i rly hate mircrosoft for that. why not make atleast win 7+8 compatible with all and everything ? those was good windowses...what a waste....
the worst is that todays hardware and even some new games just dont more support these wins...gpus, cpu, usb...

and that all is just sad.
You could probably write a script to do all that for you so you won't even have to spend 20 minutes setting it up, just a minute.

slaver01

Post by slaver01 » 12 Jun 2021, 01:47

wadge wrote:
11 Jun 2021, 11:39
I'm curious to test Ntlite to strip windows 10 pro but you need a license in order to disable the drivers.

My goal would be to have a bare bone windows 10 without pre installed drivers, disable all telemetry, fully disable windows update and install just the required drivers for my specific hardware.

But this will need a lot of time to figure out what can be disable and what can't. But i'm sure like this the latency would be very minimal.

One think i noticed that (on my personnal setup) has a noticeable impact on input lag is gaming mode in windows parameters.
You try Revi OS.

FPSMaster

Post by FPSMaster » 09 Sep 2021, 13:16

Just put your games on a second drive.

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 09 Sep 2021, 20:02

Not all latency is perceptually the same. Also reinstalling windows isn't going to fix anything. Windows is a bad operating system for gaming imo. You'll get better results/latency by optimizing your bios.