something interesting aboute input lag issue

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
f1ndus

something interesting aboute input lag issue

Post by f1ndus » 13 Jun 2021, 05:27

Recapitulation

I am same guy as you with problem with input lag.
Syptoms like : inconsistent mouse feel and heavy movement with keyboard, games feel like out of sync, hit reg issues, and games look like 60hz when you using 144hz, problem sometimes goes away but everytime come back stronger and longer.

I am guy who suffer by 3 options of source this problem..
- I live in house where is very old electricity wiring, maybe some parts faulty and older. Build in 1950+-
- I live near High Voltage transmission lines [22kV] - You can see on screen 2. its maybe 10-15meters from my room..
- My ethernet goes throught radio line, becouse i live in village and dig it underground is expensive for our ISP provider. Its optical cable but from radio tower to my house is going only twisted unshielded cat5. [screen 1.]

1.https://prnt.sc/159001l
2. https://prnt.sc/159012x

Aboute possible source of high voltage transsimison llines
Years i tried troubleshoot this options without any longer improve, i tried buil faraday cage, thick metal PC case, shielded every cable, wireless mouse and many of this tips for shield. - Without any improve, maybe sometimes with small placebo..

Aboute possible source of mayby faulty electricity system in our house

I tried do completly diagnostics of our electricity system in house, everything was fine, good connected, sometimes i got placebo effect when i did something, bought online ups, some filters, ferrite cores, and one time i turned off every phase and electrical circuit except for that one where i using my PC setup, it was for 3 days and problem was still active, and time to time it was worse and worse, so i decided to not believe to this possible source..

And there is it...

Aboute possible source of overloaded, unwanted frequencies in ethernet lines, or noise..

As you can see on screen 1. my ISP provider he didn't care about the right way for ethernet cable and everything aboute that, he twisted ethernet cable together with power cable and cherry on the cake ON RADIO LINE TOWER...

With ethernet possible source of this problem and throubleshooting i get the best effect on smooth gameplay i every had..
The theory something unwanted is going throught ethernet line and affecting my gameplay and setup has become a reality for me.
I dont know how is it possible when i moove when my setup to other place where other people are smooth without any issue, and i have still problem, even on stranger PC, i used only monitor, idk if steam client is saveing something in my account but this issue i have on most places where other guys are fixed without any issue..

Just i want give you info what brings me the best results to my gameplay and effect on my setup, you can test if works for you or not, I'm not saying it will definitely help you, its individual i think..

Go to your admin router and check for BANDWITCH..
[https://ctrlv.sk/shots/2021/06/13/1Tni.png ] screen..

And try to enable bandwitch, it will limit your ethernet speed and frequencies going throught. Then reboot your router by option in it..

you can restart PC and start playing, it will give you instant effect on input lag and stutter with desync, maybe on start when you joing server you will have high ping, but after few secods, minutes it will stabilize and you can focus on play, after few minutes i easly saw how my gameplay going be better and better, my ethernet speed before this was 60/40 and i limted to 1/1 but ping was better on servers where i use to play.. I know for me its not placebo, becouse this happened many times when me or isp something did with ethernet.. Yes when i needed my speed back to 60/40 i switched and my game was still smooth but time to time it was going worse and worse..

Just look into your problem like me and try this and give me your results.
gradually i will adding more infos which i have, but but suddenly it's hard..

I also want to thank mello for inspiration.
And his post on this page.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3641&start=10

yonaxsangi

Re: something interesting aboute input lag issue

Post by yonaxsangi » 13 Jun 2021, 08:37

i tried this things with the bandwith but its no difference for me. maybe your problem was bufferbloat

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 13 Jun 2021, 08:51

but you said that you have these problems in offline.

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 13 Jun 2021, 10:11

I truly think the only to fix dis is by moving to a different new place and using different isp and pray to god, there is no bad electricity or bad isp cable work.

Nice place you live in btw, nature looks soo good

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 13 Jun 2021, 10:24

n1zoo wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 08:51
but you said that you have these problems in offline.
yes thats true, but i have this problems also on battery only without turning on electricity

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 13 Jun 2021, 10:29

i dont know guys, there is no logically explanation.
Every theory and facts can be refuted..

I also changed apartmen, but problem was still there, same problem in the same range

pox02

Post by pox02 » 13 Jun 2021, 14:33

nvm its for audio :lol:
monitors xg258q aw2518hf 27GK750F-B pg248q xg240r lg w2363d-pf xb270hu XL2546 XL2546K NXG252R