Does Geforce Experience overlay add input lag?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Randomizer23

Does Geforce Experience overlay add input lag?

Post by Randomizer23 » 13 Jun 2021, 21:57

Hello, I mainly currently play Valorant pretty competitively and I also like RPG's such as The Witcher 3. Because of this I downloaded Geforce Experience to take advantage of Ansel to take screenshots in The Witcher 3. Though, because it adds an overlay which is acitvated by pressing Alt + Z, I am worried that it will be adding input lag for games I do not need it on such as Valorant. Keep in mind im talking about when the overlay is NOT on the screen. Even if it is NOT on the screen does it still add any input lag?

deama

Re: Does Geforce Experience overlay add input lag?

Post by deama » 14 Jun 2021, 09:13

Fr33thy did a chart on this and apparently he got better fps and better input lag on his valorant tests, about 20% improvement, but that's comparing it to a fresh windows install, doesn't seem to make much of a difference if you do some basic tweaks, which you may or may not have done.

Here's the link to the chart: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
The first part is him measuring fps, if you go further down he measures the input lag.