Temporary fix for having network issues in online games (csgo etc)

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Mugabi

Temporary fix for having network issues in online games (csgo etc)

Post by Mugabi » 21 Jun 2021, 23:29

Switch resolution to 60-90hz if you have 144hz+ hz monitor, the reason for this is, when you have lag in game, you will constantly see the models stuttering and behaving differently when get killed while you are shooting them, with high hz/fps, this odd movement will appear vividly and due to this, your reaction twards that movement will be bigger than that if you are playing with low fps. When you see this movement, it's really hard to control spray, track enemies and its tilting. But if u do play in low fps (60 might be the way to go) , this stuttery back and forth moving model won't be seen amd displayed fully and I truly think the pro of having low fps in this case outweigh thr benefits of having high fps. Try it, see how it goes

slaver01

Re: Temporary fix for having network issues in online games (csgo etc)

Post by slaver01 » 22 Jun 2021, 04:44

My eyes have become very sensitive and i cannot play at less than 100 fps

Tin1017

Re: Temporary fix for having network issues in online games (csgo etc)

Post by Tin1017 » 22 Jun 2021, 15:19

The problem is that im playing valorant and if i cap my fps at 144hz i can feel terrible input lag, my screen starts tearing so bad u can literally see a line in the middle of the screen that doesn’t go away unless i stop moving my mouse.. ive seen pro players in valorant trying 60/75 fps and still being able to frag.
Im on 3060ti and 5600x.
Im tempted to just sell my pc and buy a cheaper one with i5/i7 and a cheaper gpu because my game is pumping 500 fps on my shitty 144hz and terrible internet meanwhile streamers on 120 fps are able to spray down 5 ppl without lagging
I managed to get radiant in my first act and then got top 3000 due to inactivity and toxicity (too much frustration)