Possible drivers that cause input lag (turning off windows updates doesn't work)

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
empleat

Re: Possible drivers that cause input lag (turning off windows updates doesn't work)

Post by empleat » 21 Jul 2021, 05:33

n1zoo wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 19:05
this WUMT not working or me. maybe because I'm on costum edited 1709 build with all windows update features disabled? I also noticed that drivers can cause crazy lag, especially realtek audio. Also believe it or not, but audio drivers can affect hitreg in fps shooters. I was searching on 2009 steam forum thread on waybackmachine, one guy installed modified realtek+soundblaster drivers and said that hitreg was completely different. I did same and he was right, it really affects hitreg. I wonder why audio drivers can cause such a problems
Yeah if Window Updates are disabled, it won't allow you to update drivers as they are get through Windows Update! You could download them from Microsoft Catalogue: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/home.aspx You will have to first identify devices in your device manager. Although I Am not sure, if they will show with yellow warning. Since Windows offline install already includes some generic drivers! But not fresh ones... Maybe you can see available drivers in WUMT, but can't download them...

Yeah audio drivers cause immense lag, but not installing them can cause stutters in some games. Tho I never had problem not installing them!

You can check my guide in link below for some drivers, there are names on a picture!

victor910

Re: Possible drivers that cause input lag (turning off windows updates doesn't work)

Post by victor910 » 28 Jul 2021, 05:34

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 16:31
victor910 wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 20:34
Stop being retarded, try to use your low IQ brain in a critical and analyze way. I understand this in 2002, I believe someone understands this in 2021.
Forum rule violation of "Be Nice To Newbies".

You've been warned. Next violation results in a forum tempban. No response needed, no excuses. Sorry.

These are moderated forums, and not Twitter or Facebook.

If there's somebody else violating rules, please report them instead of responding in kind.
special for you my friend:
nyxo100 wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 23:06
stops talking like a clown
if this was appropriate in my address, I believed this must be accepted in your address too.

wadge

Post by wadge » 28 Jul 2021, 09:36

For me the hit reg issue is linked to the drivers pretty sure.

I tried this https://pastebin.com/eKSpmVZ7 and it worked perfect until i restarted my pc and then the hit reg where back to crap...

Is it possible to make your own windows 10 iso with ntlite or something else to delete all the drivers and install only the one you want ?

empleat

Post by empleat » 28 Jul 2021, 09:55

wadge wrote:
28 Jul 2021, 09:36

I tried this https://pastebin.com/eKSpmVZ7 and it worked perfect until i restarted my pc and then the hit reg where back to crap...

Is it possible to make your own windows 10 iso with ntlite or something else to delete all the drivers and install only the one you want ?
First I recommend installing Windows offline, disabling driver updates, check my link below... And installing them manually using (WUMT). Try InstalledDrierList to show installed drivers, then you can disable them using DeviceManager, or CMD. But careful! Windows install (even offline) already includes most of generic drivers - not all. Windows 10 doesn't have any custom install, not any I heard of at least!

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 28 Jul 2021, 16:10

wadge wrote:

wait wait wait wait ! this worked for you ?!?! you had intel 200 chipset drivers ?

wadge

Post by wadge » 29 Jul 2021, 12:24

Unreazz wrote:
28 Jul 2021, 16:10
wadge wrote:

wait wait wait wait ! this worked for you ?!?! you had intel 200 chipset drivers ?
I did replied to your mp but u never replied back... ^^

It did work on my z490 setup but just once after i installed windows, as soon as you restart the pc it wont work again...

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 29 Jul 2021, 18:24

wadge wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 12:24
Unreazz wrote:
28 Jul 2021, 16:10
wadge wrote:

I did replied to your mp but u never replied back... ^^

It did work on my z490 setup but just once after i installed windows, as soon as you restart the pc it wont work again...
i know that you messaged me, but youre message got for what ever reason deleted, so in that case i never received it. i thought you deleted it so i didnt bothered anymore