Possible drivers that cause input lag (turning off windows updates doesn't work)

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Mugabi

Possible drivers that cause input lag (turning off windows updates doesn't work)

Post by Mugabi » 13 Jul 2021, 19:29

So i have noticed my windows keep updating the graphics card automatically everytime i reinstall windows. I disabled window update by group policy editor then restart the pc (while the pc isn't connected to internet). After the restart, i connect my pc to internet and boom the drivers get downloaded. I have created a restore point immediately after windows reinstall , and after the restart+connecting pc to internet, i have checked the restore point and it showed me the drivers that were downloaded after the restart .
https://imgur.com/a/HPIJa8g
Are these drivers important? How to completely turn off windows updates? How to delete these drivers

Unreazz

Re: Possible drivers that cause input lag (turning off windows updates doesn't work)

Post by Unreazz » 13 Jul 2021, 21:01

i just turning off windows Updates threw the "Windows Services" but the problem is that it gets re-enabled after few weeks.

deama

Re: Possible drivers that cause input lag (turning off windows updates doesn't work)

Post by deama » 14 Jul 2021, 14:24

I think you'll have to go with the windows server version as that one doesn't seem to force updates I hear.

Mr1991

Post by Mr1991 » 14 Jul 2021, 16:05

Control Panel > System & Security > System > Advanced System Settings > Hardware > Device Installation Settings. Then choose "No (your device might not work as expected)."

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 14 Jul 2021, 19:42

Mr1991 wrote:
14 Jul 2021, 16:05
Control Panel > System & Security > System > Advanced System Settings > Hardware > Device Installation Settings. Then choose "No (your device might not work as expected)."
This doesnt doo anything, youre drivers will still updated from windows updates, that option is just a meme

empleat

Post by empleat » 14 Jul 2021, 20:16

Mugabi wrote:
13 Jul 2021, 19:29
So i have noticed my windows keep updating the graphics card automatically everytime i reinstall windows. I disabled window update by group policy editor then restart the pc (while the pc isn't connected to internet). After the restart, i connect my pc to internet and boom the drivers get downloaded. I have created a restore point immediately after windows reinstall , and after the restart+connecting pc to internet, i have checked the restore point and it showed me the drivers that were downloaded after the restart .
https://imgur.com/a/HPIJa8g
Are these drivers important? How to completely turn off windows updates? How to delete these drivers
Set connection to metered (prevents automatic Windows updates).

These 2 things should stop auto driver updates but I Am not 100% sure:
KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
dword:ExcludeWUDriversInQualityUpdate 1
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DriverSearching
dword:SearchOrderConfig 0

Indeed garbage drivers can slow down system responsiveness and cause lag!

Check also this thing out, it shows installed drivers can be reordered by date! https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/installed ... _list.html

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 16 Jul 2021, 09:58

I've tried the above reply as well as a number of other stuff and they worked, windows didn't download anything. Using latest windows 10 version. Input lag is similar to when I install windows again this time it lasts much longer with no changes after restarting or shutting down

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 16 Jul 2021, 14:35

this has nothing to do with drivers. I'm on costum windows build which has all updating features disabled. but something is wrong with nvidia for sure. almost every time after gpu driver reinstall windows and games becomes way more smoothier, no idea whats causing it.

victor910

Post by victor910 » 16 Jul 2021, 20:34

I write this to no one and everyones.

I will say more, a problem not in windows, if the problem was in Windows, everyone will use Linux or Mac os, but "problem" present in another operating system as well. What is mean? problem not in the operating system.

What next,
So many reports a problem present in offline mode, what is mean "problem", not in internet connection.

Power? It's funny try to use a battery, will be the same.

Interference? do you watch any real championships, how much hardware presents in one place, and of course interference is 10000000 bigger than in your house? And what? No one "professional" has any problem.

Stop being retarded, try to use your low IQ brain in a critical and analyze way. I understand this in 2002, I believe someone understands this in 2021.

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 16 Jul 2021, 21:43

Indeed, this input lag is a shit show, i thought it was windows updates of drivers was the cause of it, after stopping all windows updates, deleting every app pit there, disabling all firewall features, the input lag cameback aday after. I would say this either has to do with the gpu or some hidden windows feature that changes over time.

I want to calrify that, im only talking about input lag issue here, im not talking about hit reg+stutter issue which is related to internet connection. I would say all people have the above input lag issue, some have it like us and some are affected abit less but all have it to a certain degree, the thing that make these people not care about it is because they dont have the internet connection issue, which all of us in this forum has, this issue i would say only affect 20% of gamers or myb less and it has bigger impact than input lag issue