Possible drivers that cause input lag (turning off windows updates doesn't work)

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
nyxo100

Re: Possible drivers that cause input lag (turning off windows updates doesn't work)

Post by nyxo100 » 16 Jul 2021, 23:06

victor910 wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 20:34
I write this to no one and everyones.

I will say more, a problem not in windows, if the problem was in Windows, everyone will use Linux or Mac os, but "problem" present in another operating system as well. What is mean? problem not in the operating system.

What next,
So many reports a problem present in offline mode, what is mean "problem", not in internet connection.

Power? It's funny try to use a battery, will be the same.

Interference? do you watch any real championships, how much hardware presents in one place, and of course interference is 10000000 bigger than in your house? And what? No one "professional" has any problem.

Stop being retarded, try to use your low IQ brain in a critical and analyze way. I understand this in 2002, I believe someone understands this in 2021.
man your problem is not the same as the other stops talking like a clown maybe ur problem are related to internet does not mean that everyone has the same problem...

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Possible drivers that cause input lag (turning off windows updates doesn't work)

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 17 Jul 2021, 16:31

victor910 wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 20:34
Stop being retarded, try to use your low IQ brain in a critical and analyze way. I understand this in 2002, I believe someone understands this in 2021.
Forum rule violation of "Be Nice To Newbies".

You've been warned. Next violation results in a forum tempban. No response needed, no excuses. Sorry.

These are moderated forums, and not Twitter or Facebook.

If there's somebody else violating rules, please report them instead of responding in kind.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 17 Jul 2021, 20:04

As far as i know from my own expierences is that drivers has a BIG impact on inputlag, specially chipset drivers. i tested this on my own when i deleted my chipset drivers and windows replaced them with there own. i felt immidiately that my whole system became more snappier and felt that on every game. before i was trying that, i never expected that my system could run like this and i was shocked, how crap my timings was before, so when something on youre OS has a impact, than its drivers

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 18 Jul 2021, 05:07

i was dealing with inputlag 6-7 months. For players who are playing cs go on AMD rig an if you have inputlag delete (uninstal) AMD chipset SDK driver and run the game. Enjoy onetaps again.

nyxo100

Post by nyxo100 » 18 Jul 2021, 10:49

Unreazz wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 20:04
As far as i know from my own expierences is that drivers has a BIG impact on inputlag, specially chipset drivers. i tested this on my own when i deleted my chipset drivers and windows replaced them with there own. i felt immidiately that my whole system became more snappier and felt that on every game. before i was trying that, i never expected that my system could run like this and i was shocked, how crap my timings was before, so when something on youre OS has a impact, than its drivers
you mean unninstall chipset drivers and let windows install the automatic drivers ?¿ can you give me more details pls
I will be grateful

empleat

Post by empleat » 18 Jul 2021, 19:53

I concur, chipset drivers cause huge lag, although make mouse more precise for some reason. Install windows offline, block driver updates, install drivers manually using Windows Update Minitool (WUMT)! Check my tweakguide for tutorial... Unfortunately only way to uninstall chipset drivers is by reinstalling OS. Also not installing PCI-E controller driver cause huge input lag and checking/unchecking "turn off this device to save power" for INTEL MEI does something to the mouse! Also people said SM Bus cause lag maybe, but then sensors on mobo may not work.

Do you know what is funny? I talked to INTEL support and they said chipset drivers don't cause lag! But I consistently read about opposite on tweak forums and myself had same experience on multiple computers. They very clearly do for some reason!

Tip: also install chipset drivers first, before any other drivers, if you decide to do so...

Also there is difference between OEM chipset drivers and from your mobo manufacturer, you don't need newest in this case. I found Microsoft's better, but that is probably relative! And realtek audio drivers and sata driver cause insane lag! But not installing audio drivers may cause stuttering in some games!

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 20 Jul 2021, 17:25

nyxo100 wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 10:49
Unreazz wrote:
you mean unninstall chipset drivers and let windows install the automatic drivers ?¿ can you give me more details pls
I will be grateful
in my case i uninstalled them from the device manager and turned off windows updates on Windows serviced to prevent an automatic updates. i also enabled the rule to not allow windows updates to update devides in the group policy.

this fix worked out for me just one time and i sadly reinstalled windows again. since that its not working out anymore for me and the performance stays the same. maybe windows found a way to not deleted them fully, i dont know but i can guarantee you that my system was much more snappier and it feelt like that i was able to play competitvly if my network was not that shit to play online games.

i just simply followed this guide if you google "200 series intel chipset pastebin"

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 20 Jul 2021, 17:31

empleat wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 19:53
I concur, chipset drivers cause huge lag, although make mouse more precise for some reason. Install windows offline, block driver updates, install drivers manually using Windows Update Minitool (WUMT)! Check my tweakguide for tutorial... Unfortunately only way to uninstall chipset drivers is by reinstalling OS. Also not installing PCI-E controller driver cause huge input lag and checking/unchecking "turn off this device to save power" for INTEL MEI does something to the mouse! Also people said SM Bus cause lag maybe, but then sensors on mobo may not work.

Do you know what is funny? I talked to INTEL support and they said chipset drivers don't cause lag! But I consistently read about opposite on tweak forums and myself had same experience on multiple computers. They very clearly do for some reason!

Tip: also install chipset drivers first, before any other drivers, if you decide to do so...

Also there is difference between OEM chipset drivers and from your mobo manufacturer, you don't need newest in this case. I found Microsoft's better, but that is probably relative! And realtek audio drivers and sata driver cause insane lag! But not installing audio drivers may cause stuttering in some games!
from my researches on google i found a thread from you about the same thing about those drivers in the asus forum. is this fix still working out for you ? for me not anymore and i dont know why. i was dumb enough to reinstall windows but never achieved the same results as before when i tried the fix

empleat

Post by empleat » 20 Jul 2021, 18:46

Unreazz wrote:
I believe you removed just INF files, then windows re-installed its own. But you can't uninstall chipsets drivers, except by reinstalling OS. These chipset drivers you download from INTEL site, or your manufacturer's are just INI files to update new information to the system about: how configure devices.
Unreazz wrote:
from my researches on google i found a thread from you about the same thing about those drivers in the asus forum. is this fix still working out for you ? for me not anymore and i dont know why. i was dumb enough to reinstall windows but never achieved the same results as before when i tried the fix
I Am not sure what happened after reinstall, but again you need to install offline and then use Windows Update Minitool (WUMT) to update drivers individually. E.g. if you don't install PCI-E controller holly lag! Even with enabled updates, you should have Microsoft's OEM chipset drivers installed automatically (because Windows install already includes these, these are installed even offline) so nothing should differ, so I am not sure what is the problem here! Also I don't remember what exactly you are talking about, what fix?

Also after reinstall are sure you didn't forget to tweak something, there are hundreds things which are needed to setup... Could be something else perhaps?

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 20 Jul 2021, 19:05

empleat wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 18:46
Unreazz wrote:
I believe you removed just INF files, then windows re-installed its own. But you can't uninstall chipsets drivers, except by reinstalling OS. These chipset drivers you download from INTEL site, or your manufacturer's are just INI files to update new information to the system about: how configure devices.
Unreazz wrote:
I Am not sure what happened after reinstall, but again you need to install offline and then use Windows Update Minitool (WUMT) to update drivers individually. E.g. if you don't install PCI-E controller holly lag! Even with enabled updates, you should have Microsoft's OEM chipset drivers installed automatically (because Windows install already includes these, these are installed even offline) so nothing should differ, so I am not sure what is the problem here! Also I don't remember what exactly you are talking about, what fix?

Also after reinstall are sure you didn't forget to tweak something, there are hundreds things which are needed to setup... Could be something else perhaps?
this WUMT not working or me. maybe because I'm on costum edited 1709 build with all windows update features disabled? I also noticed that drivers can cause crazy lag, especially realtek audio. Also believe it or not, but audio drivers can affect hitreg in fps shooters. I was searching on 2009 steam forum thread on waybackmachine, one guy installed modified realtek+soundblaster drivers and said that hitreg was completely different. I did same and he was right, it really affects hitreg. I wonder why audio drivers can cause such a problems