I have decided to quit fps competitive gaming and focus on other stuff

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Mugabi

I have decided to quit fps competitive gaming and focus on other stuff

Post by Mugabi » 17 Jul 2021, 09:44

That's it, its been more than 3 years ive been experiencing this lag stutter heavy mouse feeling with no fix but to do million windows reinstall which make things fine for one day.
Ill try to beat single player games. Im gona graduate in 6 months, so i might give it one more try if i get Job, im gona move and try 6 isps but I don't think ill have energy for that. Thank you guys for your help in this forum. Goodluck

Palacko

Re: I have decided to quit fps competitive gaming and focus on other stuff

Post by Palacko » 17 Jul 2021, 11:40

Same for me Mate, its so annoying and doesnt make any sense at all. Still unfixable - doesnt matter how much money you have.

I tried at least 6 new locations 3 with brand new device and even new steam account - problem always came back, like i am a magnet or something like that.

This problem can only make you more and more frustrated.

nyxo100

Post by nyxo100 » 17 Jul 2021, 14:40

be careful the trolls gonna say this is placeboo and you are unskilled

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 17 Jul 2021, 15:25

don't give up bro!! I believe u can find the real fix.

Sparky

Post by Sparky » 17 Jul 2021, 16:06

The real fix for network lag is moving wherever the servers are. Beyond that, make sure there's always some headroom on your network connection.

For non-network lag, the big thing is using an in-game framerate cap, with either variable refresh rate, or vsync off.

To make improvements beyond that, you need to actually measure latency in smaller increments than you can perceive. Latency is cumulative, so several imperceptible improvements can add up to a noticeable result.

deama

Post by deama » 18 Jul 2021, 11:58

Palacko wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 11:40
Same for me Mate, its so annoying and doesnt make any sense at all. Still unfixable - doesnt matter how much money you have.

I tried at least 6 new locations 3 with brand new device and even new steam account - problem always came back, like i am a magnet or something like that.

This problem can only make you more and more frustrated.
How far apart were these 6 different locations?

Palacko

Post by Palacko » 18 Jul 2021, 12:16

Like 60Km from my House - even in Switzerland it didnt work better for me.

losxer

Post by losxer » 19 Jul 2021, 01:37

You find the only Way for fix It, Is stop playing videogames like i do 🏆

Tin1017

Post by Tin1017 » 20 Jul 2021, 02:50

I tested my PC at my friends house (brand new building with few apartments in it and FTTH)
I forgot to bring my headphones with me and in my first Valorant game, zero warmup,sound coming from my monitor(aids) and I did 28-5 with basically no sound on immortal elo.
Went back home and couldn’t get above 15 kills again. I am only playing Valorant at this point and at my place i’ve tried 3 isps, 2 major companies and 1 local. My friend at his apartment has FTTH by the same provider I have at my place but the game felt completely different and I could once again run trough smokes with no sound and headshot people.
I am fairly decent at this game and played csgo at pro level 2 years ago. I know placebos are strong but I did 3 games just incase and everything felt different. My mouse was sharper, people no longer had retarded movements, I could even take 2v1 duels and win. Just amazing
Gotta save 250 euros and move there.

empleat

Post by empleat » 20 Jul 2021, 03:14

Mugabi wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 09:44
That's it, its been more than 3 years ive been experiencing this lag stutter heavy mouse feeling with no fix but to do million windows reinstall which make things fine for one day.
Ill try to beat single player games. Im gona graduate in 6 months, so i might give it one more try if i get Job, im gona move and try 6 isps but I don't think ill have energy for that. Thank you guys for your help in this forum. Goodluck
If you play CS GO try server picker, it blocks other servers in firewall so you can play on servers closest to you!!!