Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Unixko

Re: behaviors and bugs that i observed here.

Post by Unixko » 23 Jul 2021, 13:04

blackmagic wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 11:40
while fight my problem here with hitreg, disadvantage, unexplainable bullshit...
i noticed some weird behaviors that happened on different systems and devices.

maybe this could be interesting for some and maybe you experienced same in some way.

- gpu driver crash.

i dont rly experienced it much and it happened rare randomly on my amd rx580 which was used in 2 different systems and on both i could notice the same.

this crash causes off/on blackscreen and after i get message "amd bug report tool" and the amd driver just restarts itself.

the interesting part: i could feel after this crash immediately an improvement in mouse resposivness on my desktop and jumped right after that into valorant and it was almost normal gameplay without much weird bullshit happen.

that all makes me believe that this driver crash maybe somehow caused this improvement and cleared something up but i still dont find a way to replicate that all and test. this good feeling and improvement dont last for long and everything degraded again to the bad state where i was before that driver crash...

but same improvements i already had many times and noticed them when reboot/shutdown or fresh windows installs. but that behavior is hard to replicate too because that not always works and happens too like randomly.

in the end...this good state always degrades to bad and no matter how it happened or what caused it.

- stuck left and right mouse button

idk how to call this behavior the right way but it happened in different online games to me and on different systems, mouse.

when i press and hold left mouse button to fire and release it then my character keeps fire and in this moment i think wtf is going on...

my mouse or buttons cant be the problem but it gives me always the feel that my left mouse button stuck for some moment and it keeps just fire when in fact im already released it.

that happened on different wired and unwired mouse here.

someone experience that weird bug or whatever this bullshit is ?

same story happened with right mouse button for aim and my character just starts zoom in and out on repeat.

very funny to observe this kind of weirdness where you believe for a moment that your mouse buttons are broken.

- very slow movement w,s,a,d keyboard.

same feeling if when some button is stuck or broken but that cant be the issue because happened on different keyboards and system here.

this slow down movement feels like someone press and hold shift or crouch all the time for slower moving but in fact im dont press anything of that.

and that kind of weird bug happened too in different online games here.

i think that all but gonna add probably more weird behaviors to this.
gonna keep this on edit.
need some time to remember what of bullshit and patterns happened to me in last time, years.
you didnt know that same way how is mouse unresponsive sluggish is a keyboard also ? :D

Mugabi

Re: behaviors and bugs that i observed here.

Post by Mugabi » 23 Jul 2021, 20:35

I have all these issues u mentioned. That mouse thingy happens to me alot after i keep using a certain windows partition for a long time, i feel like my mouse click is stuck. Heavy keyboard movements is also a big thing, it makes my movement in csgo trash, can't make easy jumns, feels to hard yo