Mouse Input Lag Fortnite

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
CreakFFM

Mouse Input Lag Fortnite

Post by CreakFFM » 28 Jul 2021, 17:02

Hello Guys,
first up i really like Blurbusters best community about Optimizing on the Net thats the reason i need to ask you for my Problem.

i have Input Lag or Delay from my mouse and keyboard in Fortnite. i using Windows 10 Enterprise v 20H2
my Pc getting optimized by Felipe and Melody.

My Pc Specs are:
ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING Mainboard.
Intel Core i9 10850K 10x 3.6 GHz
32 GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR 4 CL 14
11 GB Asus GeForce GTX 1080 TI ROG Strix
Alienware AW2518H 240HZ Monitor with Displayport.
DGG ST-M5 Mouse Pollingrate is 1000 .
Keyboard is MK 308 with Gateron Yellow Switches

Im using in Device-Manager devmgmt.msc from win-Raid canonkong Intel USB 3.1 Drivers for my Z490 Mainboard. Because the microsoft ones was really bad.

i have Stable 240 FPS without really Drops and my Ping is also 0 - 12 MS in Fortnite European Servers.

Win32PrioritySeparation is ( 38 decimal ) under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\PriorityControl
Mousedataquesize is deleted under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\mouclass\Parameters

same by Keyboard dataquesize under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\kbdclass\Parameters

ive tested this already make no difference.

I have good ISP Provider my location is Frankfurt Germany i have Latency 5 MS~ to most europe Servers.
bufferbloast from DSLreports is also A+ so really good.

Monitor Settings reactiontime is "Normal" not fast or superfast
Nvidia settings are: ( see picture )
nvidia2.png
nvidia2.png (16.82 KiB) Viewed 11807 times
nvidia1.png
nvidia1.png (44.25 KiB) Viewed 11807 times

if you guys need more Information i can put it in.

i cant post any Twitch links here for showing it in a video :(

Preciate you im really done.
Last edited by CreakFFM on 28 Jul 2021, 19:39, edited 2 times in total.

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Mouse Input Lag Fortnite

Post by RealNC » 28 Jul 2021, 19:07

When using g-sync + vsync, "ultra" low latency mode will cap the FPS using the nvidia FPS limiter. Either disable that (so set low latency mode to "on", not "ultra") and then cap FPS using the game's limiter. Or, if you don't want to disable ULL, use an in-game FPS cap that is lower than the nvidia cap.

This should lower latency a bit when using g-sync.

Also, as a general recommendation, do not use these nvidia panel settings in the global profile. Revert the settings to default, and instead tweak these settings in the game's nvidia panel profile.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

deama

Post by deama » 28 Jul 2021, 22:17

Install a fresh windows and test out if fortnite plays better on the fresh copy. If it does then there's something wrong with your current windows install.

slaver01

Post by slaver01 » 29 Jul 2021, 03:38

Try turning off g-sync and v-sync.

Try this:

CreakFFM

Post by CreakFFM » 29 Jul 2021, 08:57

ill tested already fresh windows installation with normal Installed NVIDIA Drivers. Windows Updates all clean. really bad performance.
I know a lot of Gamer can play with Standart Windows without any Tweak but i cant.

So let me Write Something its really hard to find a begin. i try to split in following Topics:

- Story
- TCP IP/Ethernet/Router/Bufferbloat
- Graphic Settings
- MSI and Affinity
- Registry

Story: I start Gaming Quake3, Unreal Tournament, Counter-Strike ( Half Life Betas when i was 12 years old in the Year 1998/1999
2003 i was Pro Gamer in Counter-Strike on ESL. I know in the Old times we tried Tweeking TCP IP Settings for getting better hit reg and also for 20 years people Say it makes no difference because most games using UDP Protocoll... we tried something like make QoS

i searching since years for any Optimizations and i tried a lot of things so im on a Points i thing less optimization is better than more ( i mean u finding a lot of Stuff)
Tweaking
Reservable Bandwidth in Windows abouit gpedit.msc i dont use it

Graphic Settings:
graphics settings.png
graphics settings.png (27.24 KiB) Viewed 11667 times
ill using this because Melody and Felipe mean its good.
I dont use FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe with High performance Option because i dont feel any difference and my FPS are Stable no drops.

about Nvidia Inspector Settings i found these Settings here and try i cant say is the Game smoother or not so i dont use any Nvidia Inspector Settings right now also not P2-State Off
on 2nd Site from user ffs_ he copied intresting Settings ill try this in the Past: viewtopic.php?t=7323

About Display Scaling i didnt have it on my Nvidia control Panel Settings only GPU and i post settings in the Top of thread.
ill tried FoxOs windows 7 on my 2nd SSD Drive and intresting that there was the Display Scaling option under a older Nvidia Driver but i also feel no different.

TCP IP About Congestion Prodiver Protocoll TCP i read a lot of PDF Files from Harvard university and other stuff some mean for a Low Latency Connection use DCTCP and Hystart off with tcp set global hystart=disabled

but at the moment i play with Standart CUBIC Congestion its in Linus and under Windows 10 never versions the Standart.
netsh.png
netsh.png (19.46 KiB) Viewed 11667 times
dont change anything.

USB Drivers: my Z490 E Asus Mainboard dont have own usb Drivers only the Microsoft ones and i have really high DPC Latency with it. so i tested 12 Hours to install the Custom USB 3.1 Intel Drivers from Canonkong on Win-Raid forum.

I have Hyper Threading Disabled in Bios getting more Stable FPS with this have it since over 1 Year.
with my old i7 8700k and now with my 10850K i9 10th gen CPU.

i dont know what i can write more i read all the Tweaks from, Calypto, Melody, R0ach, Djdallmann, etc etc etc and tried think most of them. Yesterday ill tried the custom Color Management Profile was posted here in Blurbuster forum " sRGB_v4_ICC_Preference.icc" but dont find time for testing it.

i dont use any Affinity like PCIE and GPU on a Core and the USB on a Core and Ethernet on another.. because feel no big different with it.

timer Resolution i also dont using same like bcdeit
bcdedit enum.png
bcdedit enum.png (22.65 KiB) Viewed 11667 times
settings

but when i checkes now bcdedit enum some settings in. Maybe Felipe make this for me its a Guy he have good Tweaking reviews and i ask him for Tweak my clean windows installation. overall all feel good but i have in Fortnite some Mouse and Keyboard input delay.. i try post Videos but forum dont let me :(

also ive tested in the Past most TCP IP Registry settings but also not dat big different maybe placebo.

BTRY B 529th FA BN

Post by BTRY B 529th FA BN » 29 Jul 2021, 11:55

If you are not pushing 90-100% GPU usage under game load turn off Low Latency Mode while keeping G-Sync on, and turn off VSync. Use an ingame fps cap not RTSS.

EDIT: going back over the photos you posted OP, it's the Low Latency Mode Ultra setting. Use Off.

CreakFFM

Post by CreakFFM » 29 Jul 2021, 15:37

i dont get 90-100% GPU Usage inGame. I make Ultra latency to Off now and display Scaling no scale option.
i capped FPS in gameusersettings.ini to 237 FPS.

i dont have this option:
To allow access to GPU performance counters to all users
Launch the NVIDIA Control Panel as an administrator.
If the Developer module is not visible, then click Desktop from the menu bar and check Enable Developer settings.
From the NVIDIA Control Panel, navigate to Developer->Manage GPU Performance Counters.

Game Feel faster now but need to test it more hours now. little bit laggy now

Unixko

Post by Unixko » 29 Jul 2021, 16:03

CreakFFM wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 15:37
i dont get 90-100% GPU Usage inGame. I make Ultra latency to Off now and display Scaling no scale option.
i capped FPS in gameusersettings.ini to 237 FPS.

i dont have this option:
To allow access to GPU performance counters to all users
Launch the NVIDIA Control Panel as an administrator.
If the Developer module is not visible, then click Desktop from the menu bar and check Enable Developer settings.
From the NVIDIA Control Panel, navigate to Developer->Manage GPU Performance Counters.

Game Feel faster now but need to test it more hours now. little bit laggy now
man you arldy know what kinda problem you have we have a lot topic there
test your pc gear + monitor + mouse/keyboard on some friend location which you 100% know he doesnt have your problem
then you will know what is going on
or at least you will know how bad your problem is :D

CreakFFM

Post by CreakFFM » 29 Jul 2021, 16:13

If you cant help than please dont write. I already read a lot of Threads here and in the whole internet. I wanna discuss and need help. Only thing i cant posting a videos to show exactly my ingame Problem isnt allowed. so for me is a forum to giving tipps each other its not helpful what u writing but i respect u as person but it helped me absolute 0 :!:

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 29 Jul 2021, 21:20

CreakFFM wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 16:13
If you cant help than please dont write. I already read a lot of Threads here and in the whole internet. I wanna discuss and need help. Only thing i cant posting a videos to show exactly my ingame Problem isnt allowed. so for me is a forum to giving tipps each other its not helpful what u writing but i respect u as person but it helped me absolute 0 :!:
CreakFFM and Unixko, please be nice to each other, at least they tried;

You can post links and videos after having a few posts. Only new members get (Moderation Queue, Link Prevent, Video Prevent), but now that you have 5 posts your privileges were already automatically upgraded by the forum system to let you post videos / links instantly. That system is designed to prevent spammers and when the forum system automatically decides you’re not a spammer, you can post videos and links like you can now. That might be more helpful.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!