Input lag Rainbow Six Siege

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
SnIpEz

Input lag Rainbow Six Siege

Post by SnIpEz » 02 Aug 2021, 12:07

Hello Guys,
I have a problem in rainbow six siege and only in that game. My mouse and keyboard are not really responsive they have delay.
In Apex for example i have no problems. 3 Months ago my game was really smooth and i really had control over my mouse and keyboard.
Since then I tried so many things to fix and optimize it. I tried 3 different Cpus and mainboards reinstalled windows several times and i even tried windows server 2019.
And my temperatures are in the normal range and my gpu and cpu are not over 90% usage. I capped my fps on 310 in R6. and sorry for my english it's not my main language.
- I tried different mouse and keyboard.
- Followed FR33THY his videos.
- optimized windows, bios settings and nvidia settings and so on.

My specs

i7 10700k
Rtx 2060 super
750 Watt be quiet Straight Power 11 Modular 80+ Platinum
16GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-4400 DIMM CL19 Dual Kit
MEG Z490 UNIFY
dark rock pro 4
benq xl2540 240hz

deama

Re: Input lag Rainbow Six Siege

Post by deama » 02 Aug 2021, 20:43

It could be due to that came using some special instructions that other games don't and those special instructions are pushing the GPU/CPU in certain areas too much and are causing error handling algorithms to compensate, which results in your mouse/keyboard delay problem.

I have the same GPU as you, an rtx 2060 super and a while back I started playing dark souls 3 and for some reason after about an hour it would crash. It would normally be able to run fine at 120fps but for some reason kept crashing. I decided to cap the fps to 60 and that seemd to kinda fix it, the game still crashed though, just took several hours now. But after I entered a certain area, it started crashing more often.
After googling and looking around I found out other people with that issue. Turns out dark souls 3 used some special instructions for the GPU to compute (or maybe it just needed the GPU to do those special instructions a lot), and even though my GPU could do them, for some reason it kept crashing. After fiddling around I found out that if I underclocked my GPU by 100mhz it didn't crash anymore at all.

So maybe your issue is similar? Try underclocking your GPU and CPU by 100mhz, see if that fixes it.

MatrixQW

Post by MatrixQW » 02 Aug 2021, 21:36

Instead of underclocking the GPU, enable Debug mode in NVCP Help menu.
That will force NV clock standards.

SnIpEz

Post by SnIpEz » 03 Aug 2021, 06:04

deama wrote:
02 Aug 2021, 20:43
It could be due to that came using some special instructions that other games don't and those special instructions are pushing the GPU/CPU in certain areas too much and are causing error handling algorithms to compensate, which results in your mouse/keyboard delay problem.

I have the same GPU as you, an rtx 2060 super and a while back I started playing dark souls 3 and for some reason after about an hour it would crash. It would normally be able to run fine at 120fps but for some reason kept crashing. I decided to cap the fps to 60 and that seemd to kinda fix it, the game still crashed though, just took several hours now. But after I entered a certain area, it started crashing more often.
After googling and looking around I found out other people with that issue. Turns out dark souls 3 used some special instructions for the GPU to compute (or maybe it just needed the GPU to do those special instructions a lot), and even though my GPU could do them, for some reason it kept crashing. After fiddling around I found out that if I underclocked my GPU by 100mhz it didn't crash anymore at all.

So maybe your issue is similar? Try underclocking your GPU and CPU by 100mhz, see if that fixes it.
Thx for your help but it doesnt worked. And my game never crashed before. Its just feels like I am dragging it on ice ist difficult to describe or if i had mouse acceleration on.

SnIpEz

Post by SnIpEz » 03 Aug 2021, 06:08

Oh and btw i am not using any bcd edits at the moment and my timer is not on 0.5 i dont know if they would change anything because i heard you dont need to use them any more.

empleat

Post by empleat » 03 Aug 2021, 23:19

Try borderless for MPO overlay, if you have Nvidia card. It is broken on 471.11 tho!!! Also if you GPU is maxed 99% ~, try Ultra Low latency mode.

SnIpEz

Post by SnIpEz » 04 Aug 2021, 11:13

I tried borderless but nothing has changed and i capped my fps my gpu is most of the time around 80% usage and cpu 40-50%, after that i tried uncapped with ultra low latency also no change either.

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 10 Aug 2021, 14:49

Do you have those delays also on a bot game/offline ?

SnIpEz

Post by SnIpEz » 10 Aug 2021, 19:02

yes i have the problem offline to :/
I also tested different ram speed and I have tested my system for stability with TestMeM5 and OCCT. Felipe (a good tweaker) helped me also with teamviewer but he couldnt fix it to. I really dont know what to do. How can the problem even persist if I have already tried different Mainboards and cpus and upgraded everything.

delve

Post by delve » 11 Aug 2021, 13:03

you should try older versions of the game.