Theory input Lag problem

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
losxer

Theory input Lag problem

Post by losxer » 05 Aug 2021, 10:51

No one has ever talked about the bridged tap. this type of technology is used in 90% of copper lines. so whether it is adsl or vdsl. in your home you will have two possible technologies, bridged tap or direct. you can search for bridged tap technology to get an idea, this type of shared technology creates dead spots in the copper which probably increases input lag. while the other possibility is the direct one, which is clearly the best, since the copper cable will be unique and not shared, it will go directly from the dslam to your home.

The only way to know if your line is bridged tap technology is to generate hlogs with a fritz box. after doing it post the screen of the hlog, I will read it for you and I will tell you if your line is direct (only 10% in the world) or bridged tap (90%).

losxer

Re: Theory input Lag problem

Post by losxer » 05 Aug 2021, 11:50

blackmagic wrote:
05 Aug 2021, 11:42
has LTE this bridged tap too ?

or internet/dsl per satellite ?
No LTE use different tecnology, only copper (adsl/vdsl) use Bridged tap.

If this were the solution (I'm pretty sure) the problem would be electrical as many think, but on the isp side. Why do they use ol bridged tap? for convenience.
Last edited by losxer on 05 Aug 2021, 11:57, edited 1 time in total.

losxer

Post by losxer » 05 Aug 2021, 11:58

blackmagic wrote:
05 Aug 2021, 11:57
losxer wrote:
05 Aug 2021, 11:50
blackmagic wrote:

If this were the solution (I'm pretty sure) the problem would be electrical as many think, but on the isp side. Why do they use ol bridged tap? for convenience.

guys the solution is near...
i really recommned to try startlink if you can afford it and it is aviable in your country...
that gonna give final answer to everyone.

if you experience same bad desync, bad hitreg, low dmg, slow mouse, slow movement and more bullshit still in online games with starlink too...

you can be then 100% sure that your dsl,lte,mobile and whatever is not the issue that cause all this bad things.
Just search on YouTube, star link Is not good for gaming.

losxer

Post by losxer » 05 Aug 2021, 12:02

blackmagic wrote:
05 Aug 2021, 11:59
losxer wrote:
05 Aug 2021, 11:58
blackmagic wrote:
losxer wrote:

i really recommned to try startlink if you can afford it and it is aviable in your country...

if you experience same bad desync, bad hitreg, low dmg, slow mouse, slow movement and more bullshit still in online games with starlink too...

you can be then 100% sure that your dsl,lte,mobile and whatever is not the issue that cause all this bad things.
i already searched.

and it looks better than what i experience here. so ye...

its good to test and you can compare and finally get answers if internet is rly the cause of all your problems.
I wrote this post to help you guys to find a solution, I honestly don't care anymore.

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 05 Aug 2021, 13:06

losxer wrote:
05 Aug 2021, 12:02
blackmagic wrote:
losxer wrote:
blackmagic wrote:

i already searched.

its good to test and you can compare and finally get answers if internet is rly the cause of all your problems.
I wrote this post to help you guys to find a solution, I honestly don't care anymore.
"I honestly don't care anymore", but still posting crap and creating random threads about net bridges, etc. You literally said that major fix was 4G mobile network connected to PC, why you still here? People even have this problem in LAN's where everyone connected to the same ISP, but still someone has this problem and other people don't. Can you understand this thing, that no one ever literally said that they fixed this problem by changing ISP provider?? You changed your ISP connection 5 times, and you still think that this is internet related problem? Do honestly think that when tier 1 pros moves to live in other apartments they actually consult with their ISP providers about NAT, Net bridges and other pointless crap to perform better in online games, or they just get lucky with their "ideal perfect" ISP connection, and you and others are the ones who lost in "PeRfEcT ISP" lottery? This is above my imagination.

losxer

Post by losxer » 05 Aug 2021, 15:44

n1zoo wrote:
05 Aug 2021, 13:06
losxer wrote:
05 Aug 2021, 12:02
blackmagic wrote:
losxer wrote:

i already searched.

"I honestly don't care anymore", but still posting crap and creating random threads about net bridges, etc. You literally said that major fix was 4G mobile network connected to PC, why you still here? People even have this problem in LAN's where everyone connected to the same ISP, but still someone has this problem and other people don't. Can you understand this thing, that no one ever literally said that they fixed this problem by changing ISP provider?? You changed your ISP connection 5 times, and you still think that this is internet related problem? Do honestly think that when tier 1 pros moves to live in other apartments they actually consult with their ISP providers about NAT, Net bridges and other pointless crap to perform better in online games, or they just get lucky with their "ideal perfect" ISP connection, and you and others are the ones who lost in "PeRfEcT ISP" lottery? This is above my imagination.
I never Say that about 4G mobile connection. LTE Is shit that's what i think about.
But for someone can be Better than cable maybie, for me no.
I Also Say in other post, change ISP will never fix your problem, because they use the same line, maybie you have less ping but input Will be the same. Is true, i dont care anymore, but im also sure that the fix Will be this.

The nat has nothing to do with it. If you are unaware of this, please avoid commenting, thank you.

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 12 Aug 2021, 12:28

losxer wrote:
blackmagic wrote:
losxer wrote:
blackmagic wrote:

Actually Elon Musk tweeted about the latency and what he's doing to improve it. He said that the average latency will be below 20ms on average this year.

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 12 Aug 2021, 12:43

Eonds wrote:
12 Aug 2021, 12:28
losxer wrote:
blackmagic wrote:
losxer wrote:

Actually Elon Musk tweeted about the latency and what he's doing to improve it. He said that the average latency will be below 20ms on average this year.
It's awesome! But sadly this is not internet related problem.

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 13 Aug 2021, 12:09

n1zoo wrote:
12 Aug 2021, 12:43
Eonds wrote:
losxer wrote:
blackmagic wrote:

Just buy good hardware and optimize your operating system, bios & hardware. The 390hz monitor looks promising....

nyxo100

Post by nyxo100 » 13 Aug 2021, 17:25

Eonds wrote:
13 Aug 2021, 12:09
n1zoo wrote:
12 Aug 2021, 12:43
Eonds wrote:
losxer wrote:

Just buy good hardware and optimize your operating system, bios & hardware. The 390hz monitor looks promising....
bruh is not that easy xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD