Nvidia users use NVIDIA driver slimming to remove all bloatware and telmentry

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
3xil3

Nvidia users use NVIDIA driver slimming to remove all bloatware and telmentry

Post by 3xil3 » 08 Sep 2021, 09:03

Another big find really seem helps wierd lag with network

Nvidia users use Use NVIDIA driver slimming remove all junk from driver you dont need. Big issue seem to be telmentry hammering network traffic. Really all this crap seem to be all containers telimetry constantly online putting even more overhead on system.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/te ... leanstall/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR1XkjtylCM

another option NVIDIA driver slimming utility

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nv ... lFr33thy's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1ie1wLeLnA

seriouse im finding all my wierd lag is network traffic idk why. And not all traffic like watching video or web browsing i dont have lag itl ike backgroud processes connecting online maybe they set to very high priorty or contantly poling system to retrieve system info.

EDIT
Also ive extracted nvidia drivers in past just deleted temlenty and other junk folders before this work much better maybe editing config files rather than just deleting folders.

Refrence post
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8993

BTRY B 529th FA BN

Re: Nvidia users use NVIDIA driver slimming to remove all bloatware and telmentry

Post by BTRY B 529th FA BN » 08 Sep 2021, 15:06

Thanks for the post!

How is this different than just selecting Custom Install and only selecting the driver and PhysX driver?

disq

Re: Nvidia users use NVIDIA driver slimming to remove all bloatware and telmentry

Post by disq » 08 Sep 2021, 17:39

You can just extract the package yourself (with WinRAR, 7-Zip, etc) and only keep the folders you need

There are only two mandatory ones which are "Display.Driver" & "NVI2"

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 08 Sep 2021, 22:08

okgoogle wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 22:06
if you do not have a problem with console games, we must make a decision: is the problem not in electricity and network? correct guys?
It can be either way. One device may be affected by marginally imperfect electricity (harmonics, bad waveforms, EMI/EMF effects, etc), and another may be immune to it. Device B unfortunately is not always able to be used to disprove Device A's sensitivity to marginal electricity.

Consoles are usually built somewhat more immune to bad electricity due to the sheer number of units running in sheer number of locales. Sufficiently terrible electricity (flickery brownout type) can still crash consoles, but when things are only borderline/marginal, sometimes a console keeps running while a computer lags/crashes/etc. It's crapshoot luck of the drawl when some premises is so unfortunately afflicted.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 07 Oct 2021, 07:06

blackmagic wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 15:12
i had experience in the past with nvidia drivers but today no drivers makes more a difference here like it was in the past...

i already give up on pc and online gaming here and dont see hope that all the weird input lag, hitreg and all the disadvantage get fixed by just some drivers here...

already tried anything possible in this and more...

some offtopic...

right now i switched to consoles and i have some fun again when it comes to gaming.
but switch from pc to consoles is not that easy for an guy who was used to mouse/keyboard and the online competitive feels way different with an controller.
but atleast i find again fun at gaming on this way...

so yeah...that can be a fix for these who are tired of the pc master race and all the bad input headache and weird issues that ruins the spirit of just gaming.

i know its not best fix and some tell that they experience bad things even on consoles but for a guy like me who was never interested into consoles with almost zero experience...
that not so bad solution for me right now and i can finally focus on other things in life.

all that hitreg, input lag topics can be really bad for the health and especially for guys who are competitive addicted and with ego...

after so many years sitting behind my pc...
i first time really realized what people mean when they say that many pro gamers are sad people in reality and cant really enjoy life...
i am not pro player but my life become sad very fast and i start search for useless fixes and that all only makes me even more sad...especially in such moments when nothing seems to help.

that was just some offtopic about how weird issues can ruin your life and you end up with even more issues...where u cant just stop and chill for a sec.

life dont cares about bad network, input lags or bad hitreg or any other weird shit that bother us...

stay healthy guys and good luck.
This hits home brother, ur not the only one whos going through with this, trust and believe that im going through with the same shit, i already have alot of bad luck irl and i do have it with a fuckin video game, like I can't catch a break, why me and why us. Sadly i dont think ill leave csgo anytime soon perhaps gona try other games but it hurts to simply leave a game u enjoy playing and seeing input lag stutter ruin it. I hope u fix this issue somehow and get back to it

FPSMaster

Post by FPSMaster » 07 Oct 2021, 09:16

BTRY B 529th FA BN wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 15:06
Thanks for the post!

How is this different than just selecting Custom Install and only selecting the driver and PhysX driver?
There is alot of other stuff you can't check in the usual costum install. When slimming, your on the better side.

MT_

Post by MT_ » 12 Oct 2021, 16:35

"Big issue seem to be telmentry hammering network traffic"

Unless you have a 56K modem, I'm doubtful its 'hammering' network traffic.

It does increase OS jitter in general, but obvious. But how much? Probably 0.001%

As for NVSlimmer and installing only the 'core essentials': NVDisplayContainer still accesses the web even without telemetry module, as I've enabled firewall reports in event viewer that shows exactly what is being blocked.

So if you care about privacy you should probably close down your windows firewall and only let through whatever you want it to go through ;)

I'm actually sceptical about not installing the additional junk having much effect on a high-end rig, but I personally do these things because the less junk the less potential bugs and interference. That is just statistical knowledge really. More runtime code is more prone to bugs.

Same reason I run LTSC and run a post-install powershell script of 1000+ lines to get Windows to behave exactly how I want it to.
LTSC 21H2 Post-install Script
https://github.com/Marctraider/LiveScript-LTSC-21H2

System: MSI Z390 MEG Ace - 2080 Super (300W mod) - 9900K 5GHz Fixed Core (De-lid) - 32GB DDR3-3733-CL18 - Xonar Essence STX II

kokkatc

Post by kokkatc » 15 Oct 2021, 12:20

3xil3 wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 09:03
Another big find really seem helps wierd lag with network

Nvidia users use Use NVIDIA driver slimming remove all junk from driver you don't need. Big issue seem to be telmentry hammering network traffic. Really all this crap seem to be all containers telimetry constantly online putting even more overhead on system.
For starters, I 100% agree w/ using NVSlimmer on all nvidia drivers. All the telemetry bullshit added to these drivers has gotten out of control and have shown to increase DPC latency and spikes because of it. Slimming your nvidia driver will ultimately lower overall render and input lag. However, 'telemetry hammering network traffic' is not one of the reasons. This should have virtually zero impact on network performance. There's just not enough data being pushed through to make any discernible difference....

If you're having network issues, it's likely due to other factors, which are plentiful. Make sure you're using QOS to prioritize specific traffic. This is the fastest way to resolve network related gaming performance.