Internet related issue and possible fix

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Gumichan

Re: Internet related issue and possible fix

Post by Gumichan » 16 Sep 2021, 09:31

Unixko wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 09:02
Gumichan wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 08:37
*UPDATE*
I'm getting myself a dedicated fibre link to the big local data center. The installation will take about 2-3 weeks, the cost will be 1400$ as a one-time payment and 500$/month for a 1gbps+ connection.
just warning dont do that
Why?

nick4567

Post by nick4567 » 16 Sep 2021, 12:47

Gumichan wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 08:31
Like I said, I personally don't think that my issue has to do anything with electricity:
First of all, there must be some other "symptoms" non-gaming related, right?
Second of all, my electricity stats are perfect, grounding is very good as well + I have UPS with every gaming related device plugged in it(no difference if i play with it/without it) and the most important part is I tried to play offline, game feels way much better and smoother when the Internet is out of equation.
And even If we assume that it is power related issue after all, how do you imagine me getting myself a bloody generator when I live in the flat on the 15th floor LMAO.
Moreover, I exclude anything hardware related as well, I like i mentioned before, I mostly play on a gaming console(PS4/5), you can't change any components that can possibly improve ur gaming experience, so everyone I play against are in the same conditions hardware wise as me.
P.S. I'm not trying to say that electricity can't impact gaming or that I'm smarter than everyone here. I appreciate everyone who is trying to help BUT like I mentioned many times before, I'm certain that my issue is only Internet related and the goal of this post was not to start another debate but to hear some real user experience about 2 options that I've described(with some sort of proof preferably).
and the land lord of the 15+ floor complex you live in allowed you to build out a dedicated line ehh, go try ahead and try it but make sure u come back in 3 months after theyre done permitting and building out and let me know how it works so i can add to my list of people for whom internet was not a solution so far were 0 for 3 but those are rookie numbers lets get one more failure in

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 16 Sep 2021, 13:02

Gumichan wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 09:31
Unixko wrote:
Gumichan wrote:
*UPDATE*
I'm getting myself a dedicated fibre link to the big local data center. The installation will take about 2-3 weeks, the cost will be 1400$ as a one-time payment and 500$/month for a 1gbps+ connection.
Why?
Blur Busters Forums members come from three quarters of the world's countries around the globe. I know some countries are unlucky to have bad residential Internet and sometimes you just want to pay extra. Some people do have the money and others of us do not.

I know people who fixed their problem this way by getting business-quality non-residential FTTH.

I know people who were unable to fix their problem this way too (problem was another cause), to the point where even an LTE connection worked better than FTTH.

It could go either way, it may or may not fix things. Nontheless, the person may have other reasons such as running a home business too. Gaming might just simply be one of the many checkboxes to justify a $500/month FTTH connection.

I pay for FTTH connections in two locations -- in Canada (Bell Canada) and in Mexico (TotalPlay), since I often have to operate Blur Busters (a Canadian business) remotely whenever I am elsewhere, managing some things from telecommute, especially in a pandemic. I am lucky that I pay only about ~$200/month combined for both of the two FTTH connections in two countries.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

nick4567

Post by nick4567 » 21 Oct 2021, 12:50

Gumichan wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 09:31
Unixko wrote:
Gumichan wrote:
*UPDATE*
Why?
So how did it go