Input lag/heavy mouse persist on windows 11

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Mugabi

Input lag/heavy mouse persist on windows 11

Post by Mugabi » 09 Sep 2021, 14:15

If you think this issue can be resolved by upgrading the os,then you are wrong. Yesterday i download a win 11 dev version and the input lag crawled back and it was even much heavier than win10.
Troubleshooting this issue is so hard as it keeps changing everytime you do something, i read many posts where people said they fixed it by changing os version, by changiy bios, by getting different hardware parts (ram, mobo,psu), by changing location, by fixing electricity and there are many who attributeed it to their steam account,they said they have this lag stutter on their accounts only and that they have tried these accounts on different computers even on lan.
If you are planning to fix this issue,,you need to find away to test different computers in different locations using different steam accounts :|

FPSMaster

Re: Input lag/heavy mouse persist on windows 11

Post by FPSMaster » 09 Sep 2021, 14:39

How do you know that? Did you actually test it with a tool or 1000 camera?

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 09 Sep 2021, 16:11

Linus did talk about the performance of 11 vs 10 in titles like csgo when you're cpu limited. Not knowing your PC specs, may I assume that this is related to his benchmarks? And what you experienced were actual lower frames induced lag rather than "emi lag or whatever you want to call it?". He also mentioned that it was not the final version of the released copy of windows 11.
Rog Strix Z790i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

nyxo100

Post by nyxo100 » 09 Sep 2021, 17:15

Mugabi wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 14:15
If you think this issue can be resolved by upgrading the os,then you are wrong. Yesterday i download a win 11 dev version and the input lag crawled back and it was even much heavier than win10.
Troubleshooting this issue is so hard as it keeps changing everytime you do something, i read many posts where people said they fixed it by changing os version, by changiy bios, by getting different hardware parts (ram, mobo,psu), by changing location, by fixing electricity and there are many who attributeed it to their steam account,they said they have this lag stutter on their accounts only and that they have tried these accounts on different computers even on lan.
If you are planning to fix this issue,,you need to find away to test different computers in different locations using different steam accounts :|
when windows 20 come out the mouse lag will continue to be because this problem is totally externnal this is not a software-hardware related problem this is electrical issue.

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 09 Sep 2021, 19:11

FPSMaster wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 14:39
How do you know that? Did you actually test it with a tool or 1000 camera?
u just have to take my ward for it, i spend 70hours on csgo a week, i uninstall windows almost daily and i test and i know when theres no lag and when there is. if u wanna try it go ahead

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 09 Sep 2021, 19:12

nyxo100 wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 17:15
Mugabi wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 14:15
when windows 20 come out the mouse lag will continue to be because this problem is totally externnal this is not a software-hardware related problem this is electrical issue.
yeah i agree, its external than os/hardware .i think its electricty/interference as well as some issue with steam accounts being "bad'

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 10 Sep 2021, 14:49

blackmagic wrote:
10 Sep 2021, 14:07
i had same hope and same experience here with a leaked windows 11.

windows versions does nothing really on my issue but i could notice better overall responsiveness like with win 8.1 or better stability like with win 7 in early days.

but same good mouse feel like in win 8.1 i manage to achieve with tools like usb mouse rate adjuster.

almost same effect..

but all this does nothing on my main problem where the online games seems to degrading in anything by time...

the only pattern which worked from time to time was just a windows reinstall. and in such moments i just could not understand how in hell that magic possible. what changed ? is that all just conicidence ? if yes...then this conicidence happened alot to me and many times i could notice same 1:1 improvement that affected my online performance and i become almost pro for just 2-3 matches. lol. it was easy and almost no tryharding and almost no bullshit happen with hitreg in this lucky 2-3 duration matches.
i could play and enjoy like normal human but only for a limited time max 30min-1hour. and then it all turns to the worst shit and gets only bad with every minute ingame. in simple words..i become the noob of the noobs...very quick and very noticeable for my eye. i start see and feel the power of unfairness disadvantage due to this bullshit issue or whatever it is...

a guy here said that a reinstall cleans or resets something...

but that all is just crazy mindfuck because the windows reinstall trick dont works always here for me...

but something makes me hard believe that the reinstall has an affect on this issue that i suffer. and i still believe in that..

crazy shit that makes till today no logic and sense to me. that ruined me completely.
Im exactly in the same shoes as you, most of windows reinstalls do infact make my game for first 1-2 games smooth then input lag comes back and i play like shit,its been more than once where i did a windows reinstall and i go 20-2 snd people accuse me of buying/smurfing my accounts (im level 6-7 faceit) after these games that have no lag, lag comes back and i always bottom frag and have to use my brain and tactics to barely win, you cantt run around and one tap people, you can't spray long range, you can't switch too fast between weapons, movement is so sluggish, really hard to clutch. Playing with lag is so fucking boring and depressing, its like playing a different game and you feel like you are competing vs semi pros. I don't know what to do tbh, im always tryna find some fix cuz if i do, I'll be the happiest man alive