Apex legends, Gameplay feels awful/choppy

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Stimpy7314

Re: Apex legends, Gameplay feels awful/choppy

Post by Stimpy7314 » 28 Sep 2021, 10:29

Cant explain why it would improve performance, sorry. But i benchmarked it. On my pc i didnt lose fps also no performance improvements. 22=Smoothest gameplay. then 40 But 40 will reduce input latency/Snappier movement. Try it yourself your cursor on windows 10 will be much snappier. And it also kinda fixed my issue in apex. Or it could be that the servers where better because it was night time in my country when i tested that. So less players connected.

I'm going to benchmark it again and also play again with the values, in this case i'm going for 40 decimal if it isnt placebo. I will keep this post updated 😊 if anything happens.

FPSMaster

Post by FPSMaster » 28 Sep 2021, 11:12

I heared increase that number will decrease input lag, but also the FPS/Smootheness of the game play. I have it on "dezimal 40", for the lowest input lag. But setting it to 22 wont help for the lags either... you cant do anything about it, because this is server related and not client related!
Last edited by FPSMaster on 28 Sep 2021, 13:32, edited 1 time in total.

Stimpy7314

Post by Stimpy7314 » 28 Sep 2021, 11:19

Placebo then :( When i tested it yesterday it felt soo smooth even my cursor was snappy in win10 not sluggish, but imma try it again today see if it really works. Or the servers were not overloaded in the night when i tested it. I will keep u guys up to date

Stimpy7314

Post by Stimpy7314 » 28 Sep 2021, 11:26

FPSMaster wrote:
28 Sep 2021, 11:12
I heared lowering that number will decrease input lag, but also the FPS/Smootheness of the game play. I have it on "dezimal 40", for the lowest input lag. But setting it to 22 wont help for the lags either... you cant do anything about it, because this is server related and not client related!
U might consider checking this https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/ ... obilebasic maybe that will help.

Try these values. Possible options: decimal 21, 24, 37, 38 open regedit while running apex and try them, no restart required. If 21 isnt smooth then enter 24 decimal etc.

Also my dpc latency is very low.

Stimpy7314

Post by Stimpy7314 » 28 Sep 2021, 11:58

Update 3: Yep it feels kinda sluggish again but i keep it 40 decimal anyways. Cursor feels smoother on 40

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 28 Sep 2021, 18:38

MT_ wrote:
28 Sep 2021, 07:53
So you changed scheduler CPU to Fixed Length on a short interval length versus the default (Assuming non-server Windows edition) of Variable/Foreground triple length intervals with short interval length.

Can you explain why this would improve performance? Or was this setting totally wrong in the first place?

Logic would dictate that a long interval length would actually achieve most stable frametimes as there is minimal amount of context switching. Either way I have never seen such dramatic behavior in any game, on any Windows edition after changing this option though.
A longer fixed boost on a properly tweaked system can and will increase FPS. That doesn't mean input lag drops exactly. FPS isn't the only variable that affects system latency. It's actually not even that big in the real world.

Stimpy7314

Post by Stimpy7314 » 29 Sep 2021, 09:15

Update 4: I give up, uninstalled apex legends, waiting for windows 11 now. Wont help either but u never know.

Devs dont care, they posted a blog few months ago about server optimizations. Now we're in september and we still got nothing. Only adding fucking legends is what they care. I hope they will get their lesson soon. Like savetitanfall.com did, ddos the server to get their attention.

If anyone has any NEW suggestions please let me know.

agendarsky

Post by agendarsky » 29 Sep 2021, 13:02

command rate 1t ;) legacy input

kyube

Post by kyube » 29 Sep 2021, 13:12

Invest in a better GPU, the 1080 is not strong enough to run Apex properly at anything near 1080p (think your main culprit lies here tbh)
Invest in CPU overclocking and better RAM modules, stronger RAM will yield better 1% and 0.1% (and "much better feeling" mouse input, which very likely comes from the better frames anyways, w/e)
Try playing around with RTSS cap or in-game caps after doing steps above. Or perhaps use the new Reflex capping that fellow Blurbusters user tested out, as it seems to yield low input lag as well. (Use Reflex, it's a must in Apex)
If you are using a wireless mouse, try sorting out any kind of interference you have around your mouse or perhaps try wired see if it's better. Play at the maximum polling rate possible and the highest DPI your mouse tracks well on (~1600dpi or 3200dpi if the sensor is better)
Both of these yield to lower input lag, as shown by Chris from Battle(non)sense. Just adjust sens accordingly.
Install latest NVidia drivers with NVCleanstall and W10 21H1 and you're done.
Don't tweak around Windows with these placebo guides like Calypto's one thinking it'll solve anything whatsoever. There are no magical tweaks for input lag. Raw FPS, proper frame times, a good monitor and that's it. There's no secret formula, stop the tinfoil hat theories already.
If you REALLY want to follow a guide, use Fr33thy's guide (he's also very close to borderline placebo but still does things much better than Calypto) or utilities like Sophiascript or CTT's toolbox and that's it. That's as much as Windows can be tweaked.

Stimpy7314

Post by Stimpy7314 » 29 Sep 2021, 13:31

1. That setup isn't mine, i reposted that from guru3d. See here:https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/unsmo ... ge.437939/

2. My specs are a 2080ti Paired with a ryzen 5 3600x Ram:Fury beast 16gb 3600mhz xmp on. Gpu & cpu overclocked.

3.Fr33ty which guide, The final optimization pack? Did that already! No improvements, atleast in apex.

4. Used rtss, no luck, debloating nvidia drivers, no improvements at all.

5. my mouse is a logitech x superlight, used wired. No improvements. Tried 1600/3200

6. Reflex on/off/on+boost No improvements too, Yeah its a bit more responsive but still fucking choppy.

7. Tweaked bios & windows. Windows itself feels alot snappier but again, apex fucking choppy as always.