Microstutter, Hitching on new PC

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
VenomLolo

Re: Microstutter, Hitching on new PC

Post by VenomLolo » 06 Oct 2021, 14:49

deama wrote:
05 Oct 2021, 14:14
You could try using linux, maybe it would work better?
If you do, make sure to install the low latency kernel, like liquinox.
I dont know how to do that unfortunately i just know how to use windows :C

VenomLolo

Post by VenomLolo » 06 Oct 2021, 14:51

MegaMelmek wrote:
05 Oct 2021, 12:06
Are these games online games? Because i dont know them…
all games are offline games. league of legends, valorant are online games. This happens mostly on single player games

VenomLolo

Post by VenomLolo » 06 Oct 2021, 15:22

jorimt wrote:
05 Oct 2021, 11:24
VenomLolo wrote:
04 Oct 2021, 09:51
Even if the drop is around a couple of frames its still visible for example if the drop is around 141 to 135 it still stutters,
If i lock the game at 60fps it will drop to 55 and it will be visible, if i locked the game to 120 it will drop to 110 or 100 and visible as well... might as well play at 30fps at this rate.

That said, a couple instances depicted in your videos, where the screen pauses for more than a second (GTA and Little Nightmares in particular), do appear more extreme than expected. Deducing the exact cause remotely, through text, without hands-on your computer in-person is always the hard (usually impossible) part.
Yes this has been incredibly hard for me but im positive that something can be done, I have been battling this for around 8 months already and im not being able to fully enjoy my rig, With little nightmares and gta 5 videos both were recorded with my RX 6800, I since deleted little nightmares and gta 5 (well not deleted i havent downloaded them yet because fresh windows install) But yes it feels really extreme and for the setup that I have and for the graphic settings that I use (mostly High/Mid low shadows no anti aliasiing) I really really think I shouldnt be experiencing this, And worst now that I have changed almost my entire setup to intel.. Man im having the biggest depression ever.

VenomLolo

Post by VenomLolo » 06 Oct 2021, 22:02

readtext wrote:
05 Oct 2021, 11:57
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... e-analyzer

download and install windows performance analyzer and run it while playing the game for 5mins where the stutter happens and stop it and save the file. Tell me if you did that
Ran and saved the ETL file, size its around 16gbs for only a couple of seconds., Tried to open it on the viewer but for some reason it takes forever, ram is all up to 100% and windows performance analyzer crashes. (twice)

tlp

Post by tlp » 08 Oct 2021, 04:56

I might not have read your post too closely, but I can't see you listing any audio devices nor any tests without usb devices plugged in?

I had a persistent stutter issue that would arise on every reboot, and I fixed it temporarily by unplugging and replugging in all my USB devices into the same ports they were originally in, I unplugged ALL of them, waited a couple seconds, and plugged them all in.

While scouring google in an attempt to fix this permanently i stumbled upon a thread where someone claimed that this stutter was a "known issue" when running more than 1 audio devices on a single USB hub. So I plugged my audio interface into a USB port as far away as possible from the other USB audio device on my motherboards I/O panel, and the stutters on boot disappeared! Haven't had the issue since.

Just something to throw at the wall and see if it sticks!

Otherwise I've also seen mentioned many times that "bad" SATA cables can introduce persistent freezing issues, so try different cables and or ports if you haven't already.

Best of luck to you.

VenomLolo

Post by VenomLolo » 08 Oct 2021, 08:49

tlp wrote:
08 Oct 2021, 04:56
I might not have read your post too closely, but I can't see you listing any audio devices nor any tests without usb devices plugged in?

I had a persistent stutter issue that would arise on every reboot, and I fixed it temporarily by unplugging and replugging in all my USB devices into the same ports they were originally in, I unplugged ALL of them, waited a couple seconds, and plugged them all in.

While scouring google in an attempt to fix this permanently i stumbled upon a thread where someone claimed that this stutter was a "known issue" when running more than 1 audio devices on a single USB hub. So I plugged my audio interface into a USB port as far away as possible from the other USB audio device on my motherboards I/O panel, and the stutters on boot disappeared! Haven't had the issue since.

Just something to throw at the wall and see if it sticks!

Otherwise I've also seen mentioned many times that "bad" SATA cables can introduce persistent freezing issues, so try different cables and or ports if you haven't already.

Best of luck to you.d
Come to think of it, Currently I have disabled the USB 3.0 front panel from my Cougar Blazer case, Unfortunately this doesnt help at all actually this kinda helped a little bit while playing KENA and SPLITGATE on an specific map but in other games still same stutter I got to admit I have tweaked so much my system that Im kinda unsure if im stable but i have my cpu running at 4.9mhz and high performance profile on power options, In my front panel i only had connected a PS4 controller to play some offline games, but because I unplugged the cable it is currently plugged at the back on the motherboard with a lot of other cables including the :

*Corsair keyboard K70 Mk2 which has a USB passthrough the keyboard itself come with 2 usb cables one for the keyboard itself and the other for the passthrough

*I have my Logitech USB blutetooth dongle for my headset also connected to the motherboard

* I have some cheap maxell speakers if im correct also connected to the motherboard (usb and audio cable green)

* Mouse charging cable connected to the motherboard, and mouse bluetooth dongle connected to keyboard pusb passthrough

*I have a headset stand with RGB lights that also haves usb port and a cable. And it was connected to the motherboard but I have it currently unplugged and plugged directly to the wall RGB for some reason not working but the usb ports are charging my headsets.

*PS4 controller

I need to go back and check it to see if im missing something else, but i have already tried running the pc with only mouse and keyboard to no avail, But it wont kill me to try one more time, as for now im being able to play some of the games i was having problems with with minor stutter . I tried using rivatuner to maintain stable FRAMETIME but for some reason it only lets me to change global settings and not specific profiles for the games, the situation is that i enjoy my competitive games as much as single player games and I cannot 141 lock frames and hop on valorant or splitgate. I got raped yesterday with 8.0 MS instead of 3.0. (gotta admit it looks really fluid tho) and with no fps lock and RTSS off game runs really good too, Anywho. Rivatuner doesnt let me set a specific profile like I set my frames and all and when launching the game RTSS doesnt like show the fps or something like if it doesnt get applied, and when changing the global options it does get applied if you can tell me how to apply custom profiles on my game with RTSS that would be rad!

Yes I selected ADD and searched for the .EXE but upon launching the game nothing happens, only with global option frames are set and on screen display appears.

tlp

Post by tlp » 08 Oct 2021, 09:30

I forgot to mention that a similarity between the issue I was suffering from and yours is that I also tried to use Latencymon in hopes of finding out what was causing this stutter, as it has helped me in the past with other similar issues, usually some driver that latencymon will scream about.

But in this case Latencymon told me everything was fine, even though I could obviously tell that everything was infact NOT fine. Just like what you are describing in your original post. Also, don't Dualshock controllers have an audio output and show up as an audio device?

I also have my doubts about limiting your framerates in hopes of alleviating the stutter, seeing how it seems to halt the entire system for the duration of it. It's not simply a "framedrop" by the looks of things.

VenomLolo

Post by VenomLolo » 08 Oct 2021, 10:10

tlp wrote:
08 Oct 2021, 09:30
I forgot to mention that a similarity between the issue I was suffering from and yours is that I also tried to use Latencymon in hopes of finding out what was causing this stutter, as it has helped me in the past with other similar issues, usually some driver that latencymon will scream about.

But in this case Latencymon told me everything was fine, even though I could obviously tell that everything was infact NOT fine. Just like what you are describing in your original post. Also, don't Dualshock controllers have an audio output and show up as an audio device?

I also have my doubts about limiting your framerates in hopes of alleviating the stutter, seeing how it seems to halt the entire system for the duration of it. It's not simply a "framedrop" by the looks of things.
I'm kinda of adamant myself of what is going to be the outcome of limiting my fps with rtss currently I'm using Nvidia limiter and I can play world war z and aragami but for example succubus (random game I downloaded to try) in explosions or entering to another room gives me the stutter sometimes even just by walking around. The Sims 4 is unpayable it stutters even if I set it to low graphics and 1080p please keep in mind that I play at 1440p. Alien fire strike team is kinda playable but having some frame Time spikes. The frametime spikes comes with a fps drop as well for example 141 drops to 135 or 125 and it stutters. I was having this issues with splitgate on a map but well I believe that changing the Nvidia control panel to ultra low latency and no frame lock profile helped a lot with that game. Im afraid to download little nightmares and watch how my brand new 3080 sucks at running the game. When I unplug the DualShock 4 it mutes the speakers for a split second. Then audio comes back again, I have tried using latencymon like 5 times already but i get some hd audio something sometimes and Nvidiakernel sometimes I also get storage port as the highest but i gotta admit that the readings are better here than with the amd build I used to have. Im unaware if my Asus bios are set correctly but i believe they are. Yesterday while changing from valorant to battlefront2 PC crashed. It was loading the game and then the image appeared to go dim and then oc restarted maybe it's because j was running a lot of stuff. Also I recently changed my page file for 8000min and 12000 max if I remember correctly. Crap I have done a lot of stuff I even removed my cablemods from PSU to GPU. Some games stutter even while setting potato graphics. Again I don't have this issues with eSports (valorant. League or overwatch) technicians that have seen my PC and charged me without finding a solution states that game engines are not optimized..... Come on man xd

jorimt

Post by jorimt » 08 Oct 2021, 10:34

VenomLolo wrote:
08 Oct 2021, 10:10
It's a bit involved, but here's another program you can look into to try and diagnose any particular causes of stutter in those games:
https://developer.nvidia.com/blog/using ... -in-games/
(jorimt: /jor-uhm-tee/)
Author: Blur Busters "G-SYNC 101" Series

Displays: ASUS PG27AQN, LG 48CX VR: Beyond, Quest 3, Reverb G2, Index OS: Windows 11 Pro Case: Fractal Design Torrent PSU: Seasonic PRIME TX-1000 MB: ASUS Z790 Hero CPU: Intel i9-13900k w/Noctua NH-U12A GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5 6400MHz CL32 SSDs: 2TB WD_BLACK SN850 (OS), 4TB WD_BLACK SN850X (Games) Keyboards: Wooting 60HE, Logitech G915 TKL Mice: Razer Viper Mini SE, Razer Viper 8kHz Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Katana V2 (speakers/amp/DAC), AFUL Performer 8 (IEMs)

VenomLolo

Post by VenomLolo » 08 Oct 2021, 10:44

jorimt wrote:
08 Oct 2021, 10:34
VenomLolo wrote:
08 Oct 2021, 10:10
It's a bit involved, but here's another program you can look into to try and diagnose any particular causes of stutter in those games:
https://developer.nvidia.com/blog/using ... -in-games/
I tried using windows performance analyzer and using windows performance recorder saving an ELT file recorded only for around 20 seconds and that file was about 16gbs and never opened, changed some settings before recording and it opened but i wasnt able to interpret the graph. Im currently at work but I will be downloading this nvidia program you are providing me and run some test please help me :c I have been trying to solve this situation for a long time its really sad and i feel exhausted, whenever i download a new game im always at the expectative of a stutter to occur and it sucks cus im actually not playing games since february. It has been an endless troubleshooting since that date, i download games (single player games) but never fully beat them because im always troubleshooting them, I basically just play league or valorant because my friends have mid end pc and only play those, but for me that i enjoy single player games im greeted with this stutters that im 85% depressed because of this. Again please dont let this post die i have been trying really hard to fix this to the point my gf tells me im obssesed.