Dpc latency spikes

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Stimpy7314

Re: Dpc latency spikes

Post by Stimpy7314 » 05 Oct 2021, 16:40

FPSMaster wrote:
05 Oct 2021, 16:35
if you dont want to play on low settings, because of the graphical picture quality but you get high GPU utilization, you can try out "nvidia Reflex" if the game supports it. Its in the game settings. It will greatly reduce input delay in heavily GPU bound scenarious (when your GPU is at 90-100%).
I always turn it on, even on low settings. Sometimes my usage still goes to 90%, and then reflex will compensate alot of lag.
Also when opening task manager, apex will crash apparently 🤷🏻

I dont care about high graphics especially in competitive games.

All low, texturestreaming to none and reflex on+boost

FPSMaster

Post by FPSMaster » 05 Oct 2021, 16:48

Stimpy7314 wrote:
05 Oct 2021, 16:40
FPSMaster wrote:
if you dont want to play on low settings, because of the graphical picture quality but you get high GPU utilization, you can try out "nvidia Reflex" if the game supports it. Its in the game settings. It will greatly reduce input delay in heavily GPU bound scenarious (when your GPU is at 90-100%).
I always turn it on, even on low settings. Sometimes my usage still goes to 90%, and then reflex will compensate alot of lag.

hmmm, thats strange! Input delay wise, you should be fine tho... the last thing you can do is checking out "fr33thy" on youtube. He made many optimization videos, to decrease stutters/input lag.

Its wierd it crashes when going to task manager. It only crashes for me sometimes in the loading menus, where you choose your legend right before the start of a round. Actually, thats because of one of the last updates. Many people had the same issue as me...

In your case, verify your game files trough steam/origin. You can normally do this in your game library and then under Apex game properties. It will scan your game files, and check if something is broken. If it detectes corrupted files, the launcher will download new files and repair the game.

Btw, broken game files can cause any type of issue. Performance issues, bugs, glitches, crashes etc.
Maybe that will help!

Stimpy7314

Post by Stimpy7314 » 05 Oct 2021, 17:01

FPSMaster wrote:
05 Oct 2021, 16:48
Stimpy7314 wrote:
FPSMaster wrote:

hmmm, thats strange! Input delay wise, you should be fine tho... the last thing you can do is checking out "fr33thy" on youtube. He made many optimization videos, to decrease stutters/input lag.

Its wierd it crashes when going to task manager. It only crashes for me sometimes in the loading menus, where you choose your legend right before the start of a round. Actually, thats because of one of the last updates. Many people had the same issue as me...

In your case, verify your game files trough steam/origin. You can normally do this in your game library and then under Apex game properties. It will scan your game files, and check if something is broken. If it detectes corrupted files, the launcher will download new files and repair the game.

Btw, broken game files can cause any type of issue. Performance issues, bugs, glitches, crashes etc.
Maybe that will help!
Just downloaded the game 20min ago 🙂 still need to verify then?

I always watch fr33thy after a clean install. They help in other games but apex just wont

Stimpy7314

Post by Stimpy7314 » 05 Oct 2021, 17:03

Stimpy7314 wrote:
05 Oct 2021, 17:01
FPSMaster wrote:
05 Oct 2021, 16:48
Stimpy7314 wrote:
FPSMaster wrote:

Maybe that will help!
Just downloaded the game 20min ago 🙂 still need to verify then?

I always watch fr33thy after a clean install. They help in other games but apex just wont
Another strange thing is that pbo is enabled but doesnt do a thing even with chipsets installed

Stimpy7314

Post by Stimpy7314 » 05 Oct 2021, 20:28

I have noticed when my pc runs for a long time, let say 8 hours it becomes smoother/snappier also performance seems to be improving over time compared if the pc was on for 20min

FPSMaster

Post by FPSMaster » 05 Oct 2021, 20:42

Tbh, I don't think something like that can happen. Your PC can't get better over time, normally it's the opposite. Your PC parts get hot over time, and some people are unlucky and their GPUs get really hot. After a certain temp limit, the GPU will reduce its clock speeds, in order to get colder. That will reduce the FPS and increase lag.
Same goes for the CPU too.
But, if your GPU doesn't go over 90°c, you are just fine.
Your CPU shouldn't go over 85°c.

At the end of the line, I guess you have to deal with those stutters like anyone do.
Input lag wise, the last thing I suggest you is to try out a lower res.
I played alot on 1680x1050p, it will give you much better frames, it will take some load off your GPU and enemy hitboxes will become bigger.
Many people play on this res actually!

Of you want to play on a low res, turn on Display scaling in the Nvidia control panel. It will make low res less blurry, and 1680x1050 won't be as bad as you think :)
Last edited by FPSMaster on 05 Oct 2021, 20:45, edited 3 times in total.

FPSMaster

Post by FPSMaster » 05 Oct 2021, 20:43

I think it's maybe just you that gets better.

Stimpy7314

Post by Stimpy7314 » 05 Oct 2021, 20:53

I'm not joking, when i startup apex i always go with beng throw some smoke and her ult and always get 130/140 fps. but 8 hours later i get 141/150 maybe more (example)And the game feels more responsive, i feel the difference between 20min on vs 8 hours on, its so strange. It can be that the server is not "overloaded" because its currently 3:57 for me night time so alot of people are
Sleeping

Gpu and cpu temps never higher then 63c

I have my fans at 100% speed + its cold in my room.

1650x1080 feels the same as 1920x1080 for me. No improvements in fps too.

I do have to say, windows 11 did improve things ngl. Much better then windows 10, for apex then.

diakou

Post by diakou » 06 Oct 2021, 16:19

It's guaranteed to be MPO related.

Try putting your monitor to 10BPC mode through Nvidia Control Panel and check ur latency again. Alternatively, use nvidia's regedits provided & restart your PC. It can be undone easily.

Nvidia claimed they improved it drastically in 471.41 and "fixed" it in 471.98, but this isn't entirely true. It is however very improved. I can't really disable MPOs on my system anymore due to losing access to HW: iFlip whenever I do that with the latest updates, something broke for me personally on my system. (Most likely not widespread.)

MPOs aren't really evil either, they're very helpful if utilized and significantly reduce delay if anything overlays on top of your game, but ultimately most competitive gamers still prefer running true exclusive full screen (Legacy Flip.)

But yeah, just try 10BPC mode or https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers ... /a_id/5157

It does not surprise me that you're having anecdotal experience of W11 helping out with the issue however as there are some more significant improvements there most likely for low level driver & DWM communication. (Well, as long as you've disabled VBS/HVCI on W11.)

Stimpy7314

Post by Stimpy7314 » 06 Oct 2021, 18:22

Already tried mpo disabled. Thanks