Does "Pulse Width Modulation usage" cause Input Delay?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
FPSMaster

Does "Pulse Width Modulation usage" cause Input Delay?

Post by FPSMaster » 07 Oct 2021, 10:16

Hello, I heared about the "Pulse Width Modulation usage" many 120hz+ monitors have. I saw mine has it too (asus vg248qe).
I heared PWM flickers the monitor backround light very rapidly to achieve a given brightness. I tested this on TestUfo.com to see if it has an impact on motion blur...
It seems like It changes the "clarity" of an moving object, but not really the blur trail. If it does change the blur trail or response times, correct me if im wrong!
When I set my brightness to 0, the PWM will change the whole moving image. For example the outlines of an moving object are duplicated.
When I look at a moving white line then I actually see multiple lines.
It looks like this: https://www.google.com/search?q=Monitor ... Y6Dh2CeJgM

When I set the brightness to 100, its fully gone.

Now my question is, will this maybe affect the monitors response times, or the human reaction times?
Will it also affect the input lag similar to "Black Frame Insersion"? If it does then how much?

If you can see, im pretty new into monitors and I barely scratch the surface with a needle, but thats why I ask you guys!