valorant shorty hitreg

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
dervu

Re: valorant shorty hitreg

Post by dervu » 14 Oct 2021, 12:18

People need to understand how to differentiate between issues coming from internet/game/interference.
Usually you will find more problems than hitreg when having EMI issues.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

greenenemy

Post by greenenemy » 14 Oct 2021, 12:19

In your first valorant link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KT-KiS ... ShortyMain most of the clips show that he doesn't really understand how it works and there is no hit registration problem(in these instances). Notice that he is dying within few milliseconds after "bad hitreg" and that's because on the server he was already dead thus couldn't have made the shot, he's only seeing that he made it locally.

greenenemy

Post by greenenemy » 14 Oct 2021, 13:05

Alternative approach is to delay visible shots by your ping + server processing time + other delays caused by the netcode design and that would lead to even greater amount of confusion when your shots would appear for example 10 cm from where you're aiming at, where your crosshair was 200ms ago.
How would you solve this?

afflo2

Post by afflo2 » 20 Mar 2022, 17:30

blackmagic did you manage to solve the problem, if so, how?

i'm facing the same problem.

mybad

Post by mybad » 21 Mar 2022, 01:22

sad to hear this.

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 21 Mar 2022, 12:24

blackmagic wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 12:43
greenenemy wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 12:19
In your first valorant link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KT-KiS ... ShortyMain most of the clips show that he doesn't really understand how it works and there is no hit registration problem(in these instances). Notice that he is dying within few milliseconds after "bad hitreg" and that's because on the server he was already dead thus couldn't have made the shot, he's only seeing that he made it locally.
and that what hitreg or desync is...lol. its hitreg problem because he make a full hit locally which not counted on server.
that should not happen in normal gaming world. in normal fair game world he should not able see his full shot locally happen like that if already rekt on server. but the opposite happen in this trash game...
players are able to see that they make first shot and hit on there side but on server they already rekt...that so bullshit and just sick what developers do and create these days...how that fair ? why the visuals lie to player like this ?

why a player able to see his full shot and even a hit locally/visual close before get rekt ? u dont think that this moments are very stupid for a esports game like this ?

but that how many start to believe in electric and power or hardware issues on there side...or im wrong ? or is that all still internet and pings for you ? because that how many fanboys still defend all this shit this days...

every game is bullshit in these days. i saw already many clips from very low pings to high pings and that hitregs are what makes players sick about all this problem that many talk about on many forums.

battlefield 2042 just another game that proofs that all.
developers should burn in hell because they still not manage make fair good visual hitreg games even in year 2021. they should get sued for this because they harm many players with that bullshit and players wasting even money for that shit...its unbelieveable stupid what happen to online gaming these days.

I don't mean to be rude or condescending but you don't understand how multiplayer games operate. Client side mechanics don't happen on the server first. They happen locally. The information which you are being visually updated with is technically a delayed version of the games actual state. That's just how the game works. If you're ping is 25ms and below you won't have much problems in the realm of those hitreg instances. This is not a developer problem. This is just the reality of network latency & video games. Please don't use these semi rare instances of bad networking as an excuse for your poor gameplay & input latency. Input latency is not network latency. Complaining on blurbusters will not fix your issues. The best thing you can do is to be healthy in real life, purchase high end hardware, overclock it, tweak it (disabling power savings/other things) and play in 1080p low settings. Some people have network issues (unrelated to the games netcode/network). Use newest drivers, play in FSE, & make sure all of your PC's components are sub 60c at all times. If you still have problems, you either are delusional, network problems, faulty hardware, EMI (highly unlikely), bad temps, corrupted OS, bad driver(s), and or a bad display.

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 21 Mar 2022, 13:08

Eonds wrote:
21 Mar 2022, 12:24
blackmagic wrote:
greenenemy wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 12:19
and that what hitreg or desync is...lol. its hitreg problem because he make a full hit locally which not counted on server.
that should not happen in normal gaming world. in normal fair game world he should not able see his full shot locally happen like that if already rekt on server. but the opposite happen in this trash game...
players are able to see that they make first shot and hit on there side but on server they already rekt...that so bullshit and just sick what developers do and create these days...how that fair ? why the visuals lie to player like this ?

why a player able to see his full shot and even a hit locally/visual close before get rekt ? u dont think that this moments are very stupid for a esports game like this ?

but that how many start to believe in electric and power or hardware issues on there side...or im wrong ? or is that all still internet and pings for you ? because that how many fanboys still defend all this shit this days...

every game is bullshit in these days. i saw already many clips from very low pings to high pings and that hitregs are what makes players sick about all this problem that many talk about on many forums.

developers should burn in hell because they still not manage make fair good visual hitreg games even in year 2021. they should get sued for this because they harm many players with that bullshit and players wasting even money for that shit...its unbelieveable stupid what happen to online gaming these days.

I don't mean to be rude or condescending but you don't understand how multiplayer games operate. Client side mechanics don't happen on the server first. They happen locally. The information which you are being visually updated with is technically a delayed version of the games actual state. That's just how the game works. If you're ping is 25ms and below you won't have much problems in the realm of those hitreg instances. This is not a developer problem. This is just the reality of network latency & video games. Please don't use these semi rare instances of bad networking as an excuse for your poor gameplay & input latency. Input latency is not network latency. Complaining on blurbusters will not fix your issues. The best thing you can do is to be healthy in real life, purchase high end hardware, overclock it, tweak it (disabling power savings/other things) and play in 1080p low settings. Some people have network issues (unrelated to the games netcode/network). Use newest drivers, play in FSE, & make sure all of your PC's components are sub 60c at all times. If you still have problems, you either are delusional, network problems, faulty hardware, EMI (highly unlikely), bad temps, corrupted OS, bad driver(s), and or a bad display.
It’s electricity that is causing him to get these issues, hardware won’t fix, software won’t fix , nothing will fix but moving location

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 21 Mar 2022, 13:42

You cant fix that since its out of youre control and ISPs either dont have any knowledge about that. The only thing what you can do is to move to dortmund since every good german player came from there.

To all others, the quality of gameplay is also internet related and differs from the place where you life. Goo compare on twitch how snappy and smooth the radiant players play and how slow the enemies react there. Its not about hardware or lack in skill, just no ones know actually how much impact youre connection has on gameplay. Mello made so many posts about that and its a real thing. You can goo and google and you will see how many peeps confirmed that theyre mouse and everything became smoother at the mornings and became shit at night again. Some of them are f4ked forever and there is no time where it became better

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 22 Mar 2022, 08:00

blackmagic wrote:
21 Mar 2022, 13:25
Mugabi wrote:
21 Mar 2022, 13:08
Eonds wrote:
21 Mar 2022, 12:24
blackmagic wrote:

It’s electricity that is causing him to get these issues, hardware won’t fix, software won’t fix , nothing will fix but moving location
i dont rly care more what causes the issue here but i know that Eonds has no fucking clue at all about this issue...

i tried everything possible and nothing helped. nothing gets better or worse. its still same bullshit...

i understand how multiplayers games operate because i start played these when i was 11-12 years old and now im 29years who suddenly forget how multiplayer operates and start suddenly feel disadvantage in all my multiplayer...one day...out of nowhere...for 3-4 years...which turns into permanent unplayable state...haha...

dude fuck off. pls.

go tell your knowledge about multiplayer to someone else.

you guys discuss for how long issues about bad hitreg on this forum ? 10 years and more already ? and still no idea...but only bullshit without some point and real data or atleast some facts...

"If you still have problems, you either are delusional"

no its you who delusional and who believes that everyone has same experience as you in multiplayers.
go move your ass finally and move to the guys who report each day unexplainable degrading issues on this and other forums that appear out of nowhere...

but experts like you dont do this. its better to talk bullshit and call others delusional...that what experts do.

useless forum this. waste of time.
i should better stay banned by such experts and knowledge about latency and pings...thanks for teaching me how multiplayers works.
Your response to anything logical or sound is "Trust me". I don't care how long you've played video games for, that doesn't make you an expert in the conversation. If that was the case, you'd be able to code a multiplayer game perfectly with the best netcode & develop the most latency efficient infrastructure. You're talking shit about game developers and telling them to fix things outside of their control. You're ignorant & quite frankly wrong. I gave you a list of things you should fix/check. Even on the worst of setups I could still play pretty well. So if you're truly willing to die on this metaphorical hill of "ThE eMi" is making me bad then it's time to give the hobby up. Even if it was "EMI" you'd still benefit infinitely more by fixing your actual mistakes in-game & practicing to become better. Instead you probably spend more time complaining on forums about a seemingly unsolvable issue. What type of logic is that? Then people tell you what the issue is possibly, and then you complain even more telling them they're wrong and you know more. Nevertheless I'm willing to still give you the benefit of the doubt I have. I'm friends with many top players in valorant (radiants,immortals, pros) etc. I invite you to join us in a discord and we will review your actual gameplay, setup and many other things. Maybe we can give you a real answer so you know how to proceed. This is free, my discord is open. If you're not willing to at least show us or prove us wrong, then how can we possibly help you? My discord is Eonds#7693

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 22 Mar 2022, 12:33

@blackmagic

Take whatever I'm about to say with a grain of salt.. You need to take a break from Valorant dude, either try another game or find an outdoor hobby to fill your free time with. The reason I'm saying this is because I've been where you are, and it was ugly. Do yourself and your mental health a favor by taking a break or start playing a variety of games. Playing Valorant everyday with all the problems that you've been having will only make things worse for your, trust me :).
Rog Strix Z79i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini