CSGO - player models feels like sliding on ice

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
tayzedd

CSGO - player models feels like sliding on ice

Post by tayzedd » 11 Nov 2021, 11:01

Sorry this is kind of a longer write up. Earlier this year I moved from a house built in the 90s with ATT fiber internet to an apartment that was originally built in the 50s or 60s and now i have Spectrum 400/20 plan ("Internet Ultra"). I'm in the US on the east coast. I played CSGO often while living in the house from Aug 2018, to Jan 2021. The only issues I ever had with the game were micro-stutters from CPU/GPU bottleneck. I would usually have FPS around upper 100s and low 200s, depending on the map. I had the same PC when i moved out and moved to the apartment this year. I only wanted to note all of this because I can't figure out if my issue is related to internet issues or electrical issues.

So, after moving into the apartment, I started to game again. If you've played CSGO you know its common to 'jiggle peak' around corners/walls/etc to try and spot your enemy and shoot at them. It usually involves alternating the A and D keys quickly. I noticed that while playing CSGO my player model was doing something it had NEVER done before. When alternating the keys quickly, every now and then my player, or 'character', would slide (either left or right, respectively) long after i had let the A or D key up. I've had 3 different keyboards in this time and I've had this happen on all of them.

Initially when this started I thought right away it was the downgrade in internet quality so I investigated into my router/modem. I turned on QoS on my router and that helped with a LOT of things, not just gaming. But I still have these issues to this day. In a way it has improved my play because i don't mash the movement keys as much as i used to for risk of sliding out of position randomly.

I dove down the Home Networking rabbit hole on reddit and tried to determine if my modem was a crummy 'puma chip' modem after learning about this issue. Apparently it is not, it's a Spectrum brand modem but according to people on Reddit it is one of the newer ones and shouldn't be an issue. (granted one person said it may still cause issues). I still want to replace it at some point soon but it's a hefty price tag just for a hope that it helps the issue. But I want to do it soon because it should future proof me as far as networking hardware goes for a while. Wanting to get this motorola modem.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/motorola-3 ... Id=6451964

After a CSGO game you can open the console and see your packet loss. I started looking at this often and noticed the game reported 0% loss on almost all of my matches. A few packets might not have made it but it seemed to be less than 1%. I really don't think I'm facing an internet quality issue, but i could be wrong.

After giving up and just dealing with it, i started googling to see if others had the same issue. Finally, I found one post on the CSGO subreddit which described a similar issue and led me down this input lag/EMI rabbit hole and then led me to blurbusters. I don't think my issue is as great as some peoples (like the guy who puts a generator outside to play valorant better), but it is frustrating nonetheless. I talked to a friend who works on powerlines and he said that it is highly unlikely that my apartment has 'dirty electricity' but I'm not sure he knows enough about it to really speak to this issue.

I've considered buying a UPS like this one maybe, https://www.apc.com/shop/us/en/products ... P-BGM1500B

But from what I've read it seems like a UPS won't help or fix the issue. I figured it couldn't hurt and at the least would protect my expensive gaming PC from crashing unexpectedly, but again like the modem, I don't always have the cash around for these things. Maybe after Christmas.

And that's my story. I have been wanting to post here for a while but just haven't taken the time to. I'm just posting to get my issue out there and see if others have had a similar issue and see if there is a fix or solution. Or just gather more knowledge on the situation. I'm renting and my lease will be up in 3-4 months, so if it is an electrical issue, a move isn't entirely out of the question. I may edit this post to add more things i may have forgotten.

Also, the house I moved away from isn't that far, only 10 minutes away. I could potentially go back there and take my PC to see if the issue goes away, but just haven't had time to do this and also don't want to lug my PC over and possibly drop it or have something go wrong. But it might be a worthwhile test. Thanks for reading.

Mugabi

Re: CSGO - player models feels like sliding on ice

Post by Mugabi » 12 Nov 2021, 19:47

Yeah i dont think internet is the issue here although i would want you TO try playing alot of offline maps and try to see if you get similar issues in there, this will 100% confirm that this issue isn't due to internet.

What other symptoms you feel apart from
MODELS sliding on ice ? What about your mouse, do you feel it getting really heavy during playing? Like you drag it really hard? What about hit registration?

The issue with fixing EMI is that it can be due to thousand reasons, it could be due to living in an area with high EMI, it could be due to bad wiring, it could be due to your neighbors using old tvs and it could be due to all of those reasons combined.

A simple UPS wouldn't help, many ppl tried those and it didn't do anything.

Therefore i would suggest that you move out to a new far location than the one you're living at now but here's the magic trick, you need to change all your equipments, im talking about pc hardware/case/cables as well as pc peripherals (mouse keyboard headphones).

the theory that i and many users here noticed is that any equipment that got affectsd by emi or been in an emi environment gets corrupted for good, we don't have any proof of this but i myself and other users tried 3-4 locations that are far away from each, lag didn't go and if it did, it goes for 4-5 days then it comes back so simply take my word for it and for the love of god do what i tell you, move to a location with no bad electricity+ change all your hardware/pc peripherals including cables usb cables ANYTHANG.

Start fresh and start clean and god bless you

Anonymous768119

Post by Anonymous768119 » 12 Nov 2021, 20:24

I have the same issue for years but it's not only about keyboard but inconsistent mouse movement aswell. Find reddit thread about clockdrift in CS:GO. Most likely electricity is messing up clocks in our PCs and that can be the reason, why you experience slugishness and no possibility to react on time. It's like your PC is continuously chasing what already happened on a server and it cannot sync in any way. If your friend has appropriate measuring equipment I would start digging into finding harmonic distortion.

Don't listen to the guy in the post above and don't spend your money for new equipment because it's not said you need to change your PC completely. I would rather call this last resort.

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 12 Nov 2021, 21:26

Mugabi wrote:
12 Nov 2021, 19:47
Yeah i dont think internet is the issue here although i would want you TO try playing alot of offline maps and try to see if you get similar issues in there, this will 100% confirm that this issue isn't due to internet.

What other symptoms you feel apart from
MODELS sliding on ice ? What about your mouse, do you feel it getting really heavy during playing? Like you drag it really hard? What about hit registration?

The issue with fixing EMI is that it can be due to thousand reasons, it could be due to living in an area with high EMI, it could be due to bad wiring, it could be due to your neighbors using old tvs and it could be due to all of those reasons combined.

A simple UPS wouldn't help, many ppl tried those and it didn't do anything.

Therefore i would suggest that you move out to a new far location than the one you're living at now but here's the magic trick, you need to change all your equipments, im talking about pc hardware/case/cables as well as pc peripherals (mouse keyboard headphones).

the theory that i and many users here noticed is that any equipment that got affectsd by emi or been in an emi environment gets corrupted for good, we don't have any proof of this but i myself and other users tried 3-4 locations that are far away from each, lag didn't go and if it did, it goes for 4-5 days then it comes back so simply take my word for it and for the love of god do what i tell you, move to a location with no bad electricity+ change all your hardware/pc peripherals including cables usb cables ANYTHANG.

Start fresh and start clean and god bless you
I actually fixed it for him already shortly after he posted that. So far so good. My guy had like 8000 programs running. Again you guys are so ridiculous using windows 10 stock and even windows 11 stock claiming your mouse feels floaty and your network feels laggy. No shit, that’s why you tweak your systems. Smh, I’m literally done trying to help most of you guys. This guy who posted this was super honest and he was saying like he didn’t know really anything and I cleaned his windows up, I did some minor registry related tweaking, msi priorities, data queue sizes, some network tweaks, checked his router, closed up all of his useless programs mostly, set some affinities and what do you know... it’s fixed, and the game was running “smooth” according to him. If the issue persists for him, I’ll gladly try to fix it. But seriously you guys are giving me cult vibes swearing up and down you have emi issues. I’m not saying it’s even uncommon, it’s just most people who have those issues probably don’t even know lol.

Anonymous768119

Post by Anonymous768119 » 12 Nov 2021, 21:58

Ah you're the guy who came here to make money for magic windows tweaks but doesn't want to admit it straightforwardly, otherwise it wouldn't meet the purpose of this forum and would be kind of advertisement I guess? Do a tutorial how to tweak everything or just admit it outright. This thread looks like a bait and I hope mods will look deeper into it.

viewtopic.php?p=73914#p73914
Like ask me if I care. I do it for free and people pay me because they like me. Outside of blurbusters I get paid by people to optimize their system. It builds my reputation and it’s doing something good for people. Apparently if you get paid for doing something that makes you bad & you clearly don’t do your job right. Like no buddy, If I’m paid I’m more likely to do the job better than not

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 13 Nov 2021, 06:16

a_c_r_e_a_l wrote:
12 Nov 2021, 21:58
Ah you're the guy who came here to make money for magic windows tweaks but doesn't want to admit it straightforwardly, otherwise it wouldn't meet the purpose of this forum and would be kind of advertisement I guess? Do a tutorial how to tweak everything or just admit it outright. This thread looks like a bait and I hope mods will look deeper into it.

Like ask me if I care. I do it for free and people pay me because they like me. Outside of blurbusters I get paid by people to optimize their system. It builds my reputation and it’s doing something good for people. Apparently if you get paid for doing something that makes you bad & you clearly don’t do your job right. Like no buddy, If I’m paid I’m more likely to do the job better than not
ahahahhaha we found his alt account. man tryna make some bucks....even if its true, doesnt mean our issue is the same as him, im a windows tweaking guru and i have yet to fix it lol.

TN_fun

Post by TN_fun » 13 Nov 2021, 06:25

My latest theory for today is the electricity problem, which affects the internet as well. Even if you make clean power for your pc, buy a new computer, the power supply of your isp equipment will remain just as poor. Some people try mobile internet (4g and 5g) and this same is so bad. The answer is simple - these towers are powered by the same shitty energy that all around your house.
The only way out is to find an area without this problem.

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 13 Nov 2021, 12:40

Mugabi wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 06:16
a_c_r_e_a_l wrote:
12 Nov 2021, 21:58

ahahahhaha we found his alt account. man tryna make some bucks....even if its true, doesnt mean our issue is the same as him, im a windows tweaking guru and i have yet to fix it lol.

Yeah dude that’s totally my alt account. Please dm the chief and ask him. It’s not my alt lol. You’re not a windows tweaking guru lol. You use stock windows and reinstall it every 3 hours.

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 13 Nov 2021, 12:44

a_c_r_e_a_l wrote:
12 Nov 2021, 20:24
I have the same issue for years but it's not only about keyboard but inconsistent mouse movement aswell. Find reddit thread about clockdrift in CS:GO. Most likely electricity is messing up clocks in our PCs and that can be the reason, why you experience slugishness and no possibility to react on time. It's like your PC is continuously chasing what already happened on a server and it cannot sync in any way. If your friend has appropriate measuring equipment I would start digging into finding harmonic distortion.

Don't listen to the guy in the post above and don't spend your money for new equipment because it's not said you need to change your PC completely. I would rather call this last resort.
He didn’t pay me any money, I didn’t ask for money, and he’ll tell you himself. As for the validity of your post about clocks, clocks do change due to spread spectrum clocking. Disabling the spread spectrum clocking reduces the frequency modulation and have somewhat more consistent performance. This can be done in bios. I’ve been saying this but you guys are weird cultists 😂😂😂. You can adjust spread spectrum in bios to your liking and test it all you want. Scewin can be used to to tinker with hidden bios settings. Not every board has many spread spectrum settings. I know rog strix boards have much more spread spectrum related settings than other boards.

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 13 Nov 2021, 12:47

TN_fun wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 06:25
My latest theory for today is the electricity problem, which affects the internet as well. Even if you make clean power for your pc, buy a new computer, the power supply of your isp equipment will remain just as poor. Some people try mobile internet (4g and 5g) and this same is so bad. The answer is simple - these towers are powered by the same shitty energy that all around your house.
The only way out is to find an area without this problem.

You guys are ridiculous