Inputlag

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Inputlag

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 25 Nov 2021, 12:58

Thatweirdinputlag wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 06:03
Did anyone ever try to contact Microsoft about error correction algos?
It's not as simple as that.

All the suppliers have independently created error correction systems for different parts of a computer that don't talk to each other.

It's like a million public transit agencies operating a million different bus routes, each which requires a different bus fare, there's no bus transfer between the buses, and there's no reporting of passenger count between them.

Likewise, a USB chip vendor may only be concerned about algorithms on both ends of the USB connection, and none of that information is reported to Microsoft Windows, as an example... The vendors responsible for two ends of a circuit route (A to B) doesn't worry about the two ends of a different circuit route (C to D).

You know what I am saying?
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

       To support Blur Busters:
       • Official List of Best Gaming Monitors
       • List of G-SYNC Monitors
       • List of FreeSync Monitors
       • List of Ultrawide Monitors

nick4567

Post by nick4567 » 25 Nov 2021, 18:12

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 12:58
Thatweirdinputlag wrote:

All the suppliers have independently created error correction systems for different parts of a computer that don't talk to each other.

It's like a million public transit agencies operating a million different bus routes, each which requires a different bus fare, there's no bus transfer between the buses, and there's no reporting of passenger count between them.

Likewise, a USB chip vendor may only be concerned about algorithms on both ends of the USB connection, and none of that information is reported to Microsoft Windows, as an example... The vendors responsible for two ends of a circuit route (A to B) doesn't worry about the two ends of a different circuit route (C to D).

Yea i actually heavily researched this stuff too its not as simple as bit error rate over an entire system u would have to measure the bit error rate over specific logic circuits its not that complicated there are devices that do it but they cost a fortune 30k+

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 25 Nov 2021, 20:15

nick4567 wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 18:12
Yea i actually heavily researched this stuff too its not as simple as bit error rate over an entire system u would have to measure the bit error rate over specific logic circuits its not that complicated there are devices that do it but they cost a fortune 30k+
And building this self-monitoring technology into computers is currently impractical.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

       To support Blur Busters:

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 25 Nov 2021, 21:19

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 12:58
Thatweirdinputlag wrote:

Yes, Communism inside my PC is ruining my gameplay.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 25 Nov 2021, 21:56

Thatweirdinputlag wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 21:19
Yes, Communism inside my PC is ruining my gameplay.
Na, more like anarchy. Look at the impressive high speed train networks & impressive subway networks that China now has. Or even the impressive free public transit that rich western-world Luxemborg has. Or that impressive GO Trains / Streetcars that highly capitalist Toronto, Canada has -- with ridership bigger than a 12-lane freeway! -- even Long Island Railroad has envy.</railgeek>

But this is Blur Busters, we don't talk politics. We talk geek stuff.

</CanadianHere>

       To support Blur Busters: