Inputlag

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
DeNi

Inputlag

Post by DeNi » 18 Nov 2021, 04:48

Hello everyone. I play computer in CS:GO and I understand that the picture lags a little the mouse does not work as it should. I went to a friend and connected his computer to my monitor everything works superbly, all the mouse movements work as it should. I connected my video card to his computer and it works just as well. Some hardware. When I play with his computer better and better the picture is richer, everything is smoother where. As soon as I turn on my computer, then all the trouble. What could be the matter?
Monitor 244hz
I59600kf
Z370p
1660ti

pual scools

Re: Inputlag

Post by pual scools » 22 Nov 2021, 06:04

Try to turn off the circuit breakers , lights , sockets, watch improvements
If it doesn't help, you'll have to make a new line

DeNi

Post by DeNi » 23 Nov 2021, 08:03

Why you tkink this is electricty?I tried my pc at another house and it was the same bad gameplay.I tried another PC and it was nice.Mby this is PSU problems or motherboard?When i turn on my PC I always hear a squeak in my headphones.

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 23 Nov 2021, 20:39

DeNi wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 08:03
Why you tkink this is electricty?I tried my pc at another house and it was the same bad gameplay.I tried another PC and it was nice.Mby this is PSU problems or motherboard?When i turn on my PC I always hear a squeak in my headphones.
For input / output lag there are millions of reasons, maybe you have a hardware problem, who knows

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 24 Nov 2021, 00:55

blackmagic wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 21:19
millions ? :lol:
Yes, millions. Truth.
(More like trillions though)
blackmagic wrote:
i think this forum needs some tutorial of how troubleshoot input lag that happens out of nowhere...
A tutorial is needed, but we'd need a volunteer or hired writer for that. Any takers?

Also, EMI-related latencies (interference -> error correction behaviours in a computer -> latency) are much harder to troubleshoot, but flipping all circuit breakers except for the computer room's circuit breaker, is also a good way to isolate interference caused by bad appliances.

But does not help any other causes of EMI which can come in more forms than the number of atoms in the known universe, sadly...

However, I do not think OP's lag issue is caused by electricity.

Moving this thread to the regular lag forum.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

delve

Post by delve » 24 Nov 2021, 08:20

Did you try your friends computer at his place or your own place?

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 25 Nov 2021, 06:03

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 00:55
blackmagic wrote:
millions ? :lol:
Yes, millions. Truth.
(More like trillions though)
blackmagic wrote:
i think this forum needs some tutorial of how troubleshoot input lag that happens out of nowhere...
A tutorial is needed, but we'd need a volunteer or hired writer for that. Any takers?

Also, EMI-related latencies (interference -> error correction behaviours in a computer -> latency) are much harder to troubleshoot, but flipping all circuit breakers except for the computer room's circuit breaker, is also a good way to isolate interference caused by bad appliances.

But does not help any other causes of EMI which can come in more forms than the number of atoms in the known universe, sadly...

However, I do not think OP's lag issue is caused by electricity.

Moving this thread to the regular lag forum.
Did anyone ever try to contact Microsoft about error correction algos? With some faith and good writing, we might have a way to troubleshoot this I believe. I still have absolutely no clue where error correction is implemented and which one(s) is or are causing the problem(s), but in general shouldn't that lead to the culprit?

For example if we were able to disable EC on USB devices, M&K to be exact, are we going to see skipping mouse pointer, or missed keyboard presses? If we did the same to the PCiex16 "GPU", would we have stutters if errors are not corrected etc etc?
I have no idea, just thinking out loud. If what was said about a windows clean install is true, that it resets EC algos, and everything becomes smooth, then everything should run smooth and normal with EC off until "EMI" or whatever the problem is starts showing.
Rog Strix Z790i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 25 Nov 2021, 12:58

Thatweirdinputlag wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 06:03
Did anyone ever try to contact Microsoft about error correction algos?
It's not as simple as that.

All the suppliers have independently created error correction systems for different parts of a computer that don't talk to each other.

It's like a million public transit agencies operating a million different bus routes, each which requires a different bus fare, there's no bus transfer between the buses, and there's no reporting of passenger count between them.

Likewise, a USB chip vendor may only be concerned about algorithms on both ends of the USB connection, and none of that information is reported to Microsoft Windows, as an example... The vendors responsible for two ends of a circuit route (A to B) doesn't worry about the two ends of a different circuit route (C to D).

You know what I am saying?
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

nick4567

Post by nick4567 » 25 Nov 2021, 18:12

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 12:58
Thatweirdinputlag wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 06:03
Did anyone ever try to contact Microsoft about error correction algos?
It's not as simple as that.

All the suppliers have independently created error correction systems for different parts of a computer that don't talk to each other.

It's like a million public transit agencies operating a million different bus routes, each which requires a different bus fare, there's no bus transfer between the buses, and there's no reporting of passenger count between them.

Likewise, a USB chip vendor may only be concerned about algorithms on both ends of the USB connection, and none of that information is reported to Microsoft Windows, as an example... The vendors responsible for two ends of a circuit route (A to B) doesn't worry about the two ends of a different circuit route (C to D).

You know what I am saying?
Yea i actually heavily researched this stuff too its not as simple as bit error rate over an entire system u would have to measure the bit error rate over specific logic circuits its not that complicated there are devices that do it but they cost a fortune 30k+

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 25 Nov 2021, 20:15

nick4567 wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 18:12
Yea i actually heavily researched this stuff too its not as simple as bit error rate over an entire system u would have to measure the bit error rate over specific logic circuits its not that complicated there are devices that do it but they cost a fortune 30k+
And building this self-monitoring technology into computers is currently impractical.