Input Lag / Desync only on one computer

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
akylen

Re: Input Lag / Desync only on one computer

Post by akylen » 26 Apr 2022, 11:38

Headglitch123

Post by Headglitch123 » 26 Apr 2022, 11:46

akylen wrote:
26 Apr 2022, 11:38
https://gyazo.com/f955d2cf730cc55569c11d26f72cc14f

Didnt touched anything else
Did this also helped for apex legends by any chance?

akylen

Post by akylen » 26 Apr 2022, 14:48

Haven't tried to be honest , only Valorant for the moment , sorry.

akylen

Post by akylen » 03 May 2022, 11:07

Small update, it seems that I found, for the moment a compromise so that I don't have any more worries, and that seems to be a logical solution compared to the cause.

What I did was that I was in the bios, at the voltage level, I went up everything I could by +2 notches in the red by pressing the "+" key on the numeric keypad.

I mounted one by one and checked that there was no crash, if there was a crash I reset the one that caused the crash to the default and I went to the next one.

Photo of my bios configuration attached.

For me, I'm pretty sure it's a computer voltage problem, and therefore, related to the electricity at home.
Attachments
thumbnail_IMG_0019.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0019.jpg (249.93 KiB) Viewed 4191 times

Anonymous27

Post by Anonymous27 » 03 May 2022, 12:57

akylen wrote:
03 May 2022, 11:07
Small update, it seems that I found, for the moment a compromise so that I don't have any more worries, and that seems to be a logical solution compared to the cause.

What I did was that I was in the bios, at the voltage level, I went up everything I could by +2 notches in the red by pressing the "+" key on the numeric keypad.

I mounted one by one and checked that there was no crash, if there was a crash I reset the one that caused the crash to the default and I went to the next one.

For me, I'm pretty sure it's a computer voltage problem, and therefore, related to the electricity at home.
Is the one in white text default? If so, according to the image you decreased CPU Core and SA Voltage but increased IO Voltage. care to give more info on what you did? Did you also decrease DRAM voltage? just confused from the image, my bios shows info a bit differently.

akylen

Post by akylen » 03 May 2022, 14:54

savoid wrote:
03 May 2022, 12:57
akylen wrote:

Is the one in white text default? If so, according to the image you decreased CPU Core and SA Voltage but increased IO Voltage. care to give more info on what you did? Did you also decrease DRAM voltage? just confused from the image, my bios shows info a bit differently.
By default, me what I had, CPU Core and SA Voltage were much lower than in the picture.

Regarding the DRAM Voltage, it was 1.35 as a base, and I increased it to 1.50, but does this change anything compared to the others, honestly, I don't know. I did this on a whim when trying things to fix the problem which is really annoying.

In red this is what i put.

Of course it's to modify at your own risk, I don't want to be responsible if you have a problem, I'm just saying what worked for me.

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 04 May 2022, 11:21

akylen wrote:
03 May 2022, 14:54
savoid wrote:
akylen wrote:

By default, me what I had, CPU Core and SA Voltage were much lower than in the picture.

Regarding the DRAM Voltage, it was 1.35 as a base, and I increased it to 1.50, but does this change anything compared to the others, honestly, I don't know. I did this on a whim when trying things to fix the problem which is really annoying.

Of course it's to modify at your own risk, I don't want to be responsible if you have a problem, I'm just saying what worked for me.

Please be careful when you play with voltages like this. DRAM for example, a lot of the sticks cannot tolerate the 1.5V mark on daily use, others can, example "Samsung B-die", and they can scale well with voltage increase too, as long as the temps were kept reasonable. If you think that you have a voltage problem then I highly advice you to check your PSU's manufacturer's page, or see if there's any way you can know the ripple voltage that your PSU supplies through its rails, and adjust your voltage accordingly.
Modern PSUs, are pretty decent in giving low ripple, which is sub 60mv in worst case scenarios which means the highest or the lowest value can only be around -30mv or +30mv.

if you want to factor in that value, so even on the ripple's lowest point, you'll still get the voltage rated for your ram then you'd have to increase the voltage by no more than 0.03v or 30mv "half of the total ripple since it goes up and down". going from 1.350 to 1.500 volts is a 150mv increase, and which is even more than the 120mv of intel's loose specs.

If you actually need to go that high to stabilize your ram or whatever you're concerned with, then something is wrong with your hardware, either your PSU is not made up to specs, defected, or your motherboard's voltage rails feeding the ram are defected, the ram itself might be defected, etc. It's really hard to tell.

As for your CPU voltage, this 1.370v mark is on the higher end, but is perfectly acceptable as long as you're running a decent LLC to prevent it from throttling due to overheating. Your IO & SA voltages are also normal for running a 3600mhz ram, I wonder why they were even lower than that, you can bump them both up to 1.25 even 1.3 with no issues, but you don't have to if you don't need to. My Asus Z390 places SA at 1.45 and IO at 1.4 by default when I activate XMP for my 4000CL15 G.Skill ram.

Ultimately, I do recommend that you bring your DRAM voltage down, 1.4 should be more than okay to offset any -ve ripple or weird motherboard related stability issues. You can set the DRAM Boot Voltage "not sure on how its called on your board" to 1.450v that should help with its training in the weird event that it might need that much voltage to train correctly.

Other Voltages i'm not really sure about, PCH seems high since it sits by default at 1.05v, CPU PLL OC voltage is used by overclockers on Liquid Nitrogen, making this value high realistically yields 0 benefits to you.
Rog Strix Z790i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

BigBoi

Post by BigBoi » 05 May 2022, 15:30

akylen wrote:
03 May 2022, 14:54
savoid wrote:
akylen wrote:

Akylen, I'd like to know which PSU you had with your old PC. Can't you open the side case and just look at it? You should be able to tell from there unless it's some prebuilt generic PC like Dell/Lenovo/HP that uses it's own power supply.

akylen

Post by akylen » 05 Jun 2022, 16:33

Well, to this day, still no explanation for why or how it does that.

The voltage theory that I explained above is only in fact a placebo.

Nevertheless there must be a correlation on why when I have the older motherboard + the older processor I have no problems, and when I put the new motherboard + the newer processor, it is unplayable.

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 06 Jun 2022, 04:09

akylen wrote:
05 Jun 2022, 16:33
Well, to this day, still no explanation for why or how it does that.

The voltage theory that I explained above is only in fact a placebo.

Nevertheless there must be a correlation on why when I have the older motherboard + the older processor I have no problems, and when I put the new motherboard + the newer processor, it is unplayable.
My observations are same as yours… most logical is that the new HW draw more power constantly compare to old HW. Power can by dirty and interfer with new HW not with the old one.